• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot v2 (The Restoration Project) | Live Update Thread & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think XDC is overly complicated - the repairing items part of the game is tedious and part of the getting spells from the tomes is annoying to start off with.

I'd rather have MadnessII online.

Still can't wait for the other vocations to be released on to here.

I just wanted to comment on the gold sink issue. I really don't think buying hp/mana is a good idea unless the server is specifically balanced for it, and this one isn't (and for good reasons).
I also dislike the idea of AoE weapon consumables. This may be just me, but I just really don't like consumable items (such as arrows for example, not consumables used outside of combat like pickaxes - those are fine) because whenever I use them I feel like I'm wasting money, and whenever I don't I feel like I'm gimping myself. It's always a lose-lose situation and I try to avoid them as much as possible. I don't think I'm the only one who feels like this due to the fact that almost every decent custom OT removes for example consumable arrows and even runes. Plus allowing every vocation to deal big AoE damage (with weapons in this case) may cause imbalance.
What I would do is just add a repair system, where when you die your items become gradually damaged (without lowering their stats or anything of the sort) so when they break you have to pay gold to fix them. However I acknowledge the fact that some people will find this annoying, so this may not be the best idea.
Some people enjoy gambling, this obviously can work as a money sink.
Finally, I believe one of the better solutions to this is to allow players to buy, indirectly, experience, for example by buying temporary equipment or buffs that boost your experience gain, or by paying to temporarily enter an arena where the experience gain is much higher than normal (but without any loot drops).

Anyways, there are plenty of different ways to solve this. I'd just look at successful online games and draw ideas from there. Just make sure you know the long term implications of whatever it is you may add. For example, while selling HP/mana may be a nice idea short term, eventually this can lead to a huge imbalance between players (unless, again, your server is specifically balanced for this, like OTChaos was).

P.S.: I'm glad you're taking a more serious approach to the development of the server this time around.
P.P.S: I agree with Blinkz about XDC being a good server but too 'advanced' for the Open Tibia community. For some reason people in the OT community don't seem to like new things... the most popular servers are the ones that people are the most used to, i.e. RL servers and high exp custom servers. It has always been this way (with some rare exceptions) and chances are it will always be.

Fuck all of u pieces of shits who dickride madnessII fuc kthat shit u best believe XDC is the shit

@podge dfq? thats literally your complaint LMAO? Scraps are easy asf and to repair all ur shit takes 1 min and getting spells gives u something to do. so please.

no need to rage you moron, :cool:

just wanting to say i am strongly against any Durability in Deathzot Equipment.. on XDC sure its easy to get scraps, but its a annoying chore to have to repair all the time, takes some fun factors out of playing...

just wanting to say i am strongly against any Durability in Deathzot Equipment.. on XDC sure its easy to get scraps, but its a annoying chore to have to repair all the time, takes some fun factors out of playing...
You can go to the blacksmith once a day and he fully restores everything your wearing.... Pretty hard to use more then all that durability in a day anyways

You can go to the blacksmith once a day and he fully restores everything your wearing.... Pretty hard to use more then all that durability in a day anyways

welp, even not botting i was able to kill all my durability in a night of playing before then having to manually do it all.
regardless, its a chore, its not a funfactor, its an assfactor.

I'd rather have XDC over madness any day. It's just that most people are too idiotic to learn and give it a try and they just end up ragequitting because they don't know how to do anything.

welp, even not botting i was able to kill all my durability in a night of playing before then having to manually do it all.
regardless, its a chore, its not a funfactor, its an assfactor.
And again. It adds a use to useless t1-t3 eq and doesnt allow u to straight up bot. Sorry its a little difficult

I think a good one could be an npc who could sell you buffs, not for experience but things like:
Attack Speed
Critical Chance
Health Regeneration
Soul Regeneration
Soul Capacity
Max Health
Spell Damage
Aoe Attacks

I think in this way people wont feel like, as Radenk said that they are costing themselves money with every single hit they take but instead will say "Well shit, I have 60 minutes to go fucking crazy power leveling or frag a tonne of guys..."

Nevermind, I take back what i said. You can take down XDC idc and otmadness II would be nice

Nevermind, I take back what i said. You can take down XDC idc and otmadness II would be nice
wth is that instability? first its all about xdc now ur on the boat for Madness too.. lol, I myself got into heros of the storm Alpha even though i think over 1 million invites went out, but im now busy till deathzot and have something to do to hold my time over :) the tutorial on it is funny as hell. lol

I'd rather have XDC over madness any day. It's just that most people are too idiotic to learn and give it a try and they just end up ragequitting because they don't know how to do anything.

Maybe some people are too idiotic to learn how to play XDC, I, on the other hand, beta tested and played the game, I didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as I did MadnessII.

Jake/Shawn, any news for us this fine weekend?

I think jake or shawn needs to comment on the XDC v.s. Madness rly, this is the deathzot page stop talking about it. If you have a suggestion to the server than post it, if not don't say anything at all

I think jake or shawn needs to comment on the XDC v.s. Madness rly, this is the deathzot page stop talking about it. If you have a suggestion to the server than post it, if not don't say anything at all

Maybe if you read my previous posts properly, you see that I'm asking if theres going to be any releases of the three remaining vocations. And by asking Jake and Shawn together for any news is asking about DeathZot. Learn something.

Maybe if you read my previous posts properly, you see that I'm asking if theres going to be any releases of the three remaining vocations. And by asking Jake and Shawn together for any news is asking about DeathZot. Learn something.
Dude u stupid or something? Im saying this to every one, not just to you. IF I was talking to you I would of used the "reply" button. Only person here that needs to learn something is you. End of Story.

Last edited:

I have to repair all my pieces up to 3 times a day AFTER using my blacksmith, juss sayen lol

wth is that instability? first its all about xdc now ur on the boat for Madness too.. lol, I myself got into heros of the storm Alpha even though i think over 1 million invites went out, but im now busy till deathzot and have something to do to hold my time over :) the tutorial on it is funny as hell. lol
Nah just things are turning more into who's stronger and can PA the hardest

Nah just things are turning more into who's stronger and can PA the hardest

but thats all madness 2 is about lmao whos the strongest so who's pa'ing but im not worried about anything he does i just want some news or something lmao its cool doe probably finally on RoS which is pretty badass atm and i dont really know syn but hes prolly busy too

but thats all madness 2 is about lmao whos the strongest so who's pa'ing but im not worried about anything he does i just want some news or something lmao its cool doe probably finally on RoS which is pretty badass atm and i dont really know syn but hes prolly busy too

Any MMO with number progression and deathloss will have this. You can either avoid or join in the war when the "Power Battles" start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back