• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot v2 (The Restoration Project) | Live Update Thread & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you try just going to Xagul and Synthetics page and look at their recent activity if this is such a hassle for you. You are just going to play DeathZOT and then give your char away again.
mmm who is this? I want to know >:)

@ The people saying "lock the thread".

I'm not having my thread locked because of the immature trolls who keep spamming to play other servers (so stop saying "lock the thread"). I know who the people are who contributed and suggested (good ideas) and they will be rewarded when the server goes online. But I'm still in need for suggestions and I like hearing feedback on ideas for the server.

@ The people saying "lock the thread".

I'm not having my thread locked because of the immature trolls who keep spamming to play other servers (so stop saying "lock the thread"). I know who the people are who contributed and suggested (good ideas) and they will be rewarded when the server goes online. But I'm still in need for suggestions and I like hearing feedback on ideas for the server.
One question. Have you thought about when you combine the 3-4 t2 armors to make a t3 armor there is a chance of it becoming say Cracked/Normal/Rare with normal being what t3 is and cracked little worse and rare being a little better?

We thought about adding RNG to equipment but we felt there's already too much stuff going on with equipment enchanting and worrying about being able to upgrade equipment. We want to keep the equipment system as simple as possible.

We thought about adding RNG to equipment but we felt there's already too much stuff going on with equipment enchanting and worrying about being able to upgrade equipment. We want to keep the equipment system as simple as possible.
Ideas? Instead of us buying summons and such (if you keep them like Zephyr and Candy) have them be a random spawn that can be anywhere on the map(preferably in hunting areas) with like a 5% chance to make an orb and the orb can be any of the already made ones or have a very low chance to give us the product to tame it.

(Don't remember if you are having this or not) But make it so there are NO boss private spawns. It is extremely unfair for someone to donate 120$ for one a 3x boss spawn and be able to bot it with a second char while they still hunt their regular char.

Gold bank? Make it so we can buy a "ticket" Loot ticket = 50% more loot for an hour, Exp ticket = 25% more exp for an hour, etc.
Gold bank? Unique item upgrader, for example: You see a unique weapon. (Atk: 500, Def 200) -> You see a unique weapon. (Atk 600, Def 300) It has been upgraded for an hour.

Little things like this could easily fill up your need for a gold bank. Upgraders and bonuses will fill your gold bank up easily.

@Synthetic_

I was thinking of this as i was bored as fuck, well you have the tier system for equipment and things but have you thought like after a certain point it should be one more extra piece of that tier to make the next tier, because i havent seen far into the server yet but everything essentially doubled like t3 helm was 120% more damage so t4 was 240? and t5 would be 480, so to get to those types of damages on tier shouldnt it be like it takes 4t4's to make a t5 and 5 t5's to make a t6? i know this would probably fuck with people since they think its hard to obtain gear already since the numbers are going to get outrageous to make the next piece but you also said youll be introducing a rebirth system so wouldnt the server have more longevity doing so? horrible grammar and shit and bad sentence structure but it would make the server last longer imo although we havent seen the higher things so idk how it works but just a thought...........................Also are unique weapons in like the diamond staff and shit?

A suggestion for fishing and such.
That you can use fishing to get "relaxed" which means bonus exp.
calculate 60 fishing tries = 3 min extra exp. 30 fishes caught = 3 min extra exp.
ofc botters will do this and i know that, but its just something for those who just wanna be social on the server but not level at THAT moment :p
Max cap of about 1 hr or so.
This seems like a fun thing for people who level very slowly and not PG.
They can be social and get bonus exp because of it. And we need people to be social to make the community better :)
(the calculation is not accurate at all, i just thought it up on the go)

Alright I have been working on a system I am not able to finish. I tried for weeks. I'm not able to.

This is the idea. it is useable in deathzot. feel free to try getting it working.

I have Been trying to set up quest lines that randomly write new texts. I was trying to make Npcs Actual players in terms of the idea making. This would litterly have the possiblity to set it like this:

If people request a quest, Give quest 1, Done with quest 1 , give quest 1 reward.
if people request quest, Give quest 2, Done with quest 2, Give quest 2 reward.

randomizing it would requir you to make a BUNCH of quests and just set it to randomly give out quests. This COULD end up into

If people request a quest, Give quest 220, done with quest 220, give quest 220 reward.
I dont think people requesting the 1. quest shold be able to beat a quest which is designed to be the 220th quest.

So Adding some sort of " intelligent " npc (I have to mention this was never something I worked on, i probably didnt do more then 10 npcs in 4 official servers I have brought out ) My main Idea was to let npcs know Which monsters are in the area of the guy who accepts the quest. As for an Example.

Someone starts playing the server, starts hunting immediently, gets his first t1 items, gets to edrona, gets lvl 500 and then finds out about the npc (he probably is a idiot if it took him so long to find out about it lelele) The npc will not give out Quest 1, But a quest that has been generated for the player, workign with his Power level, Stats, and total level.

If you didnt understand this concept Please let me know and I will explain it better.

But lets come into my goal of these quests. finishing quests Will not give you gold. It will cost you gold to do them. You will get a certain ammount of exp and /or items as a reward.

The quests can go from hunt x amoutn of to Kill this boss X amount of time. (my fantasy is pretty much restricted to what I think is possible. I am not sure how ar you can go with the customizing)

Problems this will solve : More content that will requir manual playing,
Something to spend gold on
Something else then Going from Worldboss to worldboss and back to botting. I think this is a really good idea.

Do you guys agree? If not please let me know why. And dont bash just because you dont like me. give actual feedback, and if you hate me just end the sentence with blazed sucks or something, which roudns it up :D

King regards, Blazed.<3

A lot of similar ideas have come up and I'm fairly sure this one has not been already suggested, nothing fancy but just another option to spend a few gold on.

Proposal
NPCs spread out around town that provide 'buffs' for gold or rare drops.

Detail
Certain NPCs around town that provide a player with the option to 'buff' certain skills or speed. One NPC may offer a +120 Speed buff for 60 minutes for a generous amount of money, whereas another NPC might offer +25 of a particular skill such as Melee, Magic, Shield, (fishing?). This allows players to get more exp/hr by doing more damage. Alternative to gold for these buffs, some bosses might drop an item that the particular NPC finds valuable and will grant you a 'Strong' version of his usual buff (ex: regular buff paid for gives 120 speed for 60 minutes, and the boss drop item buff gives 200 speed for 75 minutes). Upon dying the regular buff would disappear but the boss buff would last out its entire length. Just a few simple ideas to consider. The paid for buff is not only a money dump but the boss-dropped trade-able skill boost items could be traded for decent amount of coin with other players as another source to spend your hard earned money on.

Yours truly, Warthorn.

Last edited:
Another idea to consider. Teleports out of a main hub area of town have been way too overused, and are the makings of fast-built low quality maps(for the most part).

Proposal
The proposal is underground tunnels with direct routes through hunting areas, within the current area.

Detail
It may have sounded confusing but there could be 1 to 3 sqm wide tunnels underground at or near the start of a hunting area that allows you to bypass certain parts of the hunting grounds with a direct straight shot, no monster route. Purpose of this: to allow players to get to an area that may be at the end of a lower level hunting area without having to kill/dip/dodge/or ruin other peoples hunting experience by taking kills on the way that they might 1-2 hit. These 'secret passage' routes could have blinky red doors that consume an item upon entering and the tunnel itself would be pz. So whether you need a quick getaway from a PK gang-mob attack or you simply are trying to get to your hunting spot or boss spawn faster you have the option for a few extra coins. To use the particular route for the first time you must have already explored the area and completed a 'quest' of sorts by finding the areas 'access switch' (anything from an actual switch on a wall to clicking 'use' on a certain tree sprite with purple fire underneath it 'A clicking noise was heard in the distance') which would then allow use of that areas 'secret passage'. These access switches would be located at the far end of a hunting area. The item itself required to pass thru these doors would be bought by some sort of shady NPC out of town, possibly a full assassin outfit style, markets himself as a 'thief' or 'Fugitive' saying how he uses the tunnels for his quick getaways, and offers to sell you access to them by selling stacks of the item required to enter once you prove your not a guard after him for his misdeeds via some sort of quest, possibly bringing him an item such as a royal medal from a semi-rare monster spawn of a Royal Guard that spawns at any of a dozen caravan sprites around the games map at random times like a raid. The blinky red doors themselves would have level requirements so that a Level 10k wouldn't be able to bring his Level 1k buddy easily through a few spawns and block some real tough crap for him to 'Power level' him up. To sum up, these tunnels would NOT get you TO the hunting areas from town, but rather fast track your through an area once you are already there.

Yours truly, Warthorn.

Last edited:
Alright I have been working on a system I am not able to finish. I tried for weeks. I'm not able to.

This is the idea. it is useable in deathzot. feel free to try getting it working.

I have Been trying to set up quest lines that randomly write new texts. I was trying to make Npcs Actual players in terms of the idea making. This would litterly have the possiblity to set it like this:

If people request a quest, Give quest 1, Done with quest 1 , give quest 1 reward.
if people request quest, Give quest 2, Done with quest 2, Give quest 2 reward.

randomizing it would requir you to make a BUNCH of quests and just set it to randomly give out quests. This COULD end up into

If people request a quest, Give quest 220, done with quest 220, give quest 220 reward.
I dont think people requesting the 1. quest shold be able to beat a quest which is designed to be the 220th quest.

So Adding some sort of " intelligent " npc (I have to mention this was never something I worked on, i probably didnt do more then 10 npcs in 4 official servers I have brought out ) My main Idea was to let npcs know Which monsters are in the area of the guy who accepts the quest. As for an Example.

Someone starts playing the server, starts hunting immediently, gets his first t1 items, gets to edrona, gets lvl 500 and then finds out about the npc (he probably is a idiot if it took him so long to find out about it lelele) The npc will not give out Quest 1, But a quest that has been generated for the player, workign with his Power level, Stats, and total level.

If you didnt understand this concept Please let me know and I will explain it better.

But lets come into my goal of these quests. finishing quests Will not give you gold. It will cost you gold to do them. You will get a certain ammount of exp and /or items as a reward.

The quests can go from hunt x amoutn of to Kill this boss X amount of time. (my fantasy is pretty much restricted to what I think is possible. I am not sure how ar you can go with the customizing)

Problems this will solve : More content that will requir manual playing,
Something to spend gold on
Something else then Going from Worldboss to worldboss and back to botting. I think this is a really good idea.

Do you guys agree? If not please let me know why. And dont bash just because you dont like me. give actual feedback, and if you hate me just end the sentence with blazed sucks or something, which roudns it up :D

King regards, Blazed.<3

Do you know how fucking retarded this is?
Do you know how long time it takes to just make sure 1 quest works properly?
This is not fucking endless elderscrolls.
Try to do this yourself, it is one of the hardest scripts you can do, because to do a script that randomize between different quest's WHILE counting your level on a TIBIA SERVER is impossible without custom client i think.
Why make these random quests when you can just fucking make regular quests?
Its a pathetic take on "fun and random".
If you want something fun and random, then go with raids/boss spawns/events.
Or make an NPC that the God/GM can summon when its a special event that gives out a quest, and first to complete it wins. Duuuurrr

Try to do this yourself, it is one of the hardest scripts you can do, because to do a script that randomize between different quest's WHILE counting your level on a TIBIA SERVER is impossible without custom client i think.
Or make an NPC that the God/GM can summon when its a special event that gives out a quest, and first to complete it wins. Duuuurrr
As I just started to watch the 1. episode of the 4th season game of thrones : You know nothing, john snow.
I wont even take time to answer your stuff. You didnt give feedback you bitched. Nothing is "impossible " on a tibia server. I went to a point in the npc system where everything worked out with test monsters test levels on a blank server. It would take 1-2 days of work for shawn I think. You obviously dont know alot about developing tho.

I think ppl run out of use from money because all they really need to work on is their gear. Which they end up looting and once they upgrade to the next tier they just go back out and bot more. When trading comes into play they basically just trade tiered items for the tiers they want.
There are plenty of games which have added reinforcement to gear where chances to upgrade would add +1 to +x on their gear. This would increase the stats on that tier piece of gear. Ofc the higher the tier the harder it is to add a refinement + to that gear.

The gold sink would be adding items that would prevent your item from breaking into the game. This would also allow ppl who are slow in gathering tiered equipment to upgrade their current gear. So basically if you have a lower tier with higher +'s it doesn't exactly mean that a player with higher tiers will just 1 shot you.

The last 2-3 games I've played has had this system and I've always enjoyed it. This idea also doesn't involve giving more exp out.. which we all know will eventually further an impending level gap. Anyway.. fk shawn.

Thought about "ultimate runes"? like shawn had in OTM? And maybe the Annih shawn had but ofc restricted to max 1 time person etc so you cant "Boost" noob chars etc?

Lol actually it is easy, incredibly easy if you know what you are doing.
Code:
function getNearbyMonsters(pos)
   local monsters = {}
   local specs = getSpectators(pos, 200, 200, true)
   for _, tid in ipairs(specs) do
     if isMonster(tid) then
       if not monsters[getCreatureName(tid) then
         table.insert(monsters, getCreatureName(tid))
       end
     end
   end
   return monsters
end

function pullRandomQuest(cid)
   local targetMonster = false
   local targetAmount = 0
   local targetReward = 0
   local level = getPlayerLevel(cid)
   local nearbyMonsters = getNearbyMonsters(getCreaturePosition(cid))
   if #nearbyMonsters > 0 then
     local chance = math.random(1, #nearbyMonsters)
     targetMonster = nearbyMonsters[chance]
     targetAmount = math.random(level/50, level)
     targetReward = math.random(targetAmount, targetAmount*5)
     doPlayerSetStorageValue(cid, "targetMonster", targetMonster)
     doPlayerSetStorageValue(cid, "targetAmount", targetAmount)
     doPlayerSetStorageValue(cid, "targetReward", targetReward)
     doPlayerSetStorageValue(cid, "currentKilled", 0)
     return true
   end
   return false
end
Tada, random "killing in the name of" quests that pulls nearby monsters. Took.... 4 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back