• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot v2 (The Restoration Project) | Live Update Thread & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been waiting to try this OT ever since Syn announced it.
I have been around since first era of DZOT and ChaosOT also, and must say, you guys are doing a fantastic job, keep it up.

I found that the map drop rate was pretty near perfect. I was on for around 20-40hours playing, and I got around 20-40 maps. So I think it fits in well with the 1hour boss timers as were last era.

I found it extremely hard to find the 'Loot Orbs' visible, especially if I'm leveling with/playing a Shade. Just could not see where they were, maybe change it up a little bit to make it a tad more visible?

With the 'Lucky Gems' I did notice a small increase in the 'Orbs' dropping more frequently, but it only felt like maybe a 1-3% boost. I got no actual idea on the actual % increase that it was.

I do regret not going out to test all the events or even the new mining system, but I will definitely go there right away when/if it is going for another beta test this weekend.

I spent a hell of a lot of time just exploring the new map and world. You did a fantastic and wonderful job, I love it all. Cannot wait to see what else has changed and how much more appealing you have made everything look.

However, I did a few testing with the Party Leveling, and I did find that you get far less 'Orb' drops than what you do when leveling. Not sure if that is how it's meant to be or what, but was just my findings.

I would like to see maybe some more 'Secret' stuff around the world though. Maybe implement from Project X where there were those 'Secret Quests' that were hidden through out various parts of the worlds. (e.g. In cemetery, explore the Skeletons and Blood Skeletons and their is a coffin that makes you pee yourself).

Not sure if anyone else tested out the Runic Wand thing that had a 33%~ chance to upgrade Tiers of Weapons and Armors, but I was quite interested in it, and I found it to be quite useful and worked at a good pace with the loot orb drops of the Tier Items.

I am very interested in the Ammo and how they are going to work once everyone gets a bit further into the game. I believe that they're a good thing to implement for the Mage type Vocations to show off their abilities. I must say though, maybe let them start dropping around 1,500 - 2,000 mark? Instead of level 1. I really do not see the use of it for the lower level people to be using it.

Cannot say much more about the server, apart from keep up the great work, and am looking forward to the finished product.

Why not just put up Beta until official release? Hahaha!
I seriously can't wait.. :s
Because Xagul would be doing more playing than working on the server... lol

that Runic Smash shit though.... really dont think it should be in the game.... i really dont see how it fits into progression as you can play with the odds on low teir to give high probability on higher teir to upgrade an item for free pretty much.

Think something called "Runic Smash" should be more like an item used to SMASH runic items and crush them down into Gems or something. Getting 1 Gem per t1 destroyed at random. just an opinion.

See lots of hate on them ammo in loot orbs in early game..... for the love of god... kill it....

Because Xagul would be doing more playing than working on the server... lol

that Runic Smash shit though.... really dont think it should be in the game.... i really dont see how it fits into progression as you can play with the odds on low teir to give high probability on higher teir to upgrade an item for free pretty much.

Think something called "Runic Smash" should be more like an item used to SMASH runic items and crush them down into Gems or something. Getting 1 Gem per t1 destroyed at random. just an opinion.

See lots of hate on them ammo in loot orbs in early game..... for the love of god... kill it....
Honestly think about it... Dont really mind the runic smasher i just dislike the way it is... Heres my thought on how it should be.
1. It would be an item you buy and it doesn't break.
2. Instead of buying one every time you wanna try using it on a item, it should charge you everytime you use it on a item depending on the tier such as. T1=5k t2=10k t3=20k t4=40k t5=60k t6=160k t7=320k. Because imagine somebody just buying 2 runic smashers at 33% success wearing full t6 and an extra t6 set needing only 1 more t6 of each piece to progress, you use the smasher on both t6 pieces and more than likely one of them will be a success. Hence if the system was the way i said it should be, it would cost 320k to try to upgrade 2 t6 armors instead of 60k to try to upgrade all 12 pieces/2 t6 sets. And if someone wants to blow 1.9mill to try to upgrade the full set, let them lmao @Xagul @Synthetic_

Last edited:
Well there went my internet again, I suppose this is a good time to end the beta. Once I get ahold of Synthetic and get the rest of the stuff figured out maybe we can squeeze 1 more beta in next weekend. After that hopefully release :D hope you guys had fun!

-- BETA IS OFFLINE --

The battle at the end of beta was the funniest shit ever lmao, fucking insane with crippling on ninjas with deadly strike :D:D

Did i miss the Beta AGAIN?
The timing of these Beta's are always the weekends i am away, well well.
only 11 more days ! WHOOP WHOOP HYPE!

I think the tombs should get an exp buff, I'm pretty sure it was 1k to enter and the exp was really bad. The monsters also had a lot of hp so you couldn't hunt there unless you had a t4 set (to effectively kill them). Other than that, it seemed ok leveling wise. Fishing was really good, a lot better than hunting regular monsters in most cases it seemed since you could fish a bunch and then collect the orbs.

@Blinkz what's so fucking funny.. seriously soooo funny is how no one ever gives a fuck what you say LOL!!!

Your input is NEVER even considered yet your on this forum thread almost every day. just give it a fucking rest lol you say stupid shit and your just terrible at giving ideas so just stop.

LAWL BLINKZ LOLLOL ITS SO SAD ITS FUNNY

I think the tombs should get an exp buff, I'm pretty sure it was 1k to enter and the exp was really bad. The monsters also had a lot of hp so you couldn't hunt there unless you had a t4 set (to effectively kill them). Other than that, it seemed ok leveling wise. Fishing was really good, a lot better than hunting regular monsters in most cases it seemed since you could fish a bunch and then collect the orbs.
I was actually able to level pretty good in the pyramid. I was lvl 1.5k ofc with t4 helm/wand rest t3. The exp there is insane.. Getting like 150kk from an exp orb.

@Blinkz what's so fucking funny.. seriously soooo funny is how no one ever gives a fuck what you say LOL!!!

Your input is NEVER even considered yet your on this forum thread almost every day. just give it a fucking rest lol you say stupid shit and your just terrible at giving ideas so just stop.

Uhm your literally checking out this thread everyday and just post stupid ass replies to everybody with no type of input what so ever. I literally feel bad for you because you think your funny when in fact your probably some nerdy ass virgin who doesn't leave the house lmao. Also please tell me what was so "terrible" about my idea?

http://gyazo.com/e3c9b1082882e07459dea661ca4167fc Like I said haha your retarded

you sir, are 1 of the most annoying pieces of trash to be seen making replies to other peoples ideas. Yes, this coming from server hated #1 to you. get the fuck lost little boy. you haven't been useful not even once.

I was actually able to level pretty good in the pyramid. I was lvl 1.5k ofc with t4 helm/wand rest t3. The exp there is insane.. Getting like 150kk from an exp orb.
Still, having o be 500 levels over to get insane exp is a bit much no? But I'm sure people would have t4ish by then anyway, there'll be more people to trade with and more loot from orbs.

Uhm your literally checking out this thread everyday and just post stupid ass replies to everybody with no type of input what so ever. I literally feel bad for you because you think your funny when in fact your probably some nerdy ass virgin who doesn't leave the house lmao. Also please tell me what was so "terrible" about my idea?

http://gyazo.com/e3c9b1082882e07459dea661ca4167fc Like I said haha your retarded
I hope you delete your finals paper by mistake. Muahahhahaa.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but when two or more people kill a player only the one who receives the frag receives EXP.

I might receive ALOT of hate for saying this, but here I go..

I really like the new dzot, and it seems like it would be fun to lvl up some without bot, to explore and everything. Maybe make a custom client on which people are unable to turn bot on, and make people get 30% more exp when using that client?

AND/OR make a bot check that XDC had.

Flame on ~

@MysteriousDot
Thanks for the feedback about the loot orbs, I personally found it hard to see the map orbs in some areas, but I didn't even think of shades having a hard time with loot orbs and it makes sense since all their spells use the same effect. I will definitely be working on a way to make orbs more visible.

@obamanizer
QQ

@Blinkz
I think you misunderstood how runic smash works, the smash itself does not break, but rather the item you are trying to upgrade. At any rate, it does not matter because the item is being re-purposed. I wanted to add a touch of roa into dzot for fun but it just occured to me that if people have the option to gamle their tier items in such a way, they will, and I can see it becoming more of a problem than its worth when people keep breaking their items and failing to get upgraded equipment.

@Snizzle Snap
I was in the process of changing all the monsters because they are all outdated, I hadn't gotten to the 1k area yet so that's why they might seem a bit off.

@Eric Cartman
Yes, exp, frags, and pvp rating only go to the last hit (old school tibia style)

@alekito @CartelChroma
FU guys! Always goin after me QQQQ :(!!!! Stawp pick on da gm >.>

But..... u irrelevant too??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back