• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

delete thread

Finally something to look forward to
Glad to hear! :)
I can say the server is of very high quality and it's really designed with that for the 2x RPG that will come in August, and with that in mind, this server almost over-qualify to be a midrate :)

So this is not the lowrate ? When does it start?
The low rate RPG comes in August, and will be hosted in Netherlands, Europe.
This one is mid-rate and is hosted in North-East USA :)

bast skirt, not bast shirt(cyclop keyword)
ye I know, thanks anyway :)
those images are from the building-age, when everything was created, there's many typos that has been fixed :)
When the game comes online, you can try the keywords yourself :)

But I really appreciate you point out possible errors :)

@uszmen you do realize that not every thread needs your nonsense spam flaming bullshit,,,, right?

I think this guy runs OT's very well. If you don't, then just ignore this thread.

Edit:

This one coming in July (midrate) will be on forever or it is a beta for the August (lowrate) one??

ping for chilean players? bro aprox nice ot
You'll play at least as smooth you'd play on DarkOT America..
Due to game mechanisms it should feel like you have less ping and on top of that 8.0 has item hotkeys so higher pings doesn't matter that much, depends on situation.
But judging from DarkOT, you shouldn't have any problems playing as many from Chile have played DarkOT in America :)

nightmare outfit came in 8.1 as well

and is there a hellspawn I see in the image? from 8.4

amazon camp looks like 8.6, so it's based on what engine?

Last edited:
nightmare outfit came in 8.1 as well

and is there a hellspawn I see in the image? from 8.4

amazon camp looks like 8.6, so it's based on what engine?
based on what engine? I built it from scratch myself, started at February, started Beta in April and Open Beta in May.
original 8.0 was practically a 7.7 map with liberty bay and svargrond added, meaning small spawns and not much to do, therefor I've upgraded some areas to be bigger without ruining the 8.0 concept.
The hellspawns together with various creatures are custom added ones, to give a bigger variety of what to hunt, expaning the end-game.
Wyrms didn't exist in 8.0 as well, nor did elder wyrms, grim reapers, cyclops drone/smith and many other, but they exist in Thorsan for the reason I stated earlier.
Also Mistrock exists, it's a great island that expand possibilities of exp places for all mid levels.

So that's how it is, it's not based on OTServ nor TFS engine, and neither are the maps taken from download maps around this forum.
The map comes from ReaSoftOT 2008, which the map was generated from cipsoft files, and from there it was upgraded and fixed from all bugs caused by the converter.
And from that, it was upgraded to look like 8.0 for the Mestera Server which was a 7.6 server with 8.0 graphics, from there it was changed and upgraded again to be used on Zaeros, from Mestera -> Zaeros the map was made into a true 8.0 map and carefully.. the areas around the map was made more modern (bigger).
And from Zaeros -> Thorsan the map was again upgraded and worked on to fit into RPG style.
So basically, Map of Thorsan is over 8 years old.

List of creatures:
http://midrate.thorsan.net/?subtopic=library&view=creatures
Notice: Humlecraw is a new monster, made during the making of Thorsan, they do not exist on the map yet but will eventually.
They are made to be team-hunting creatures there you'll make a terrible waste trying to hunt them yourself, no matter voc/level. but in a team they can give decent profit.

Map of Thorsan: (this map was generated directly from the game-map)
map_03_23.png

Hope all that clarify your statements :)

Are you RealSoft? I'm confused.
I'm RealSoft, Aka the guy who's the founder and creator of MasterCores.com 2011-2012.

Staff info (MasterCores ofc):
Me (Admin Erik), single person creating and maintaining MasterCores + it's website.
Znote (Admon Znote), Linux administrator, is was his job back then to take care of the contant flooding/DDosing we had.
And another guy I prefer not mentioning, he got Gm position, turns out he was a huge asslicker and jerk once MasterCores ended.

Memory-Lane:
jygpZcT.png

This screenshot is showing Masterores.com , Mach 3, 08:00~ (2012)..
Sadly I don't have any screens of the evening, when the game peaked 700+ players every day :)

For those who didn't know, I didn't like using my first name back in the days, so I used my middle name.. Erik ^^
Since a few years back, I've used my first name for pretty much everything, Marcus :)

Back