• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows DISABLE DEP to stop the random crashes on your OT

Slain

TrueHavoc.com
Reaction score
This tutorial will tell you how to stop the random crashes on your computer.

In order for you to know that this tutorial will help you first open event viewer.

(Start - All Programs - Administrative Tools - Event Viewer)

On the top left you will see windows logs, click on that..Then you will See Applications, click on that...if your ot is crashing you will see it here..click on one of your most recent Application Errors.

If you see exception code 0x40000015 in your logs that means DEP is SHUTTING DOWN your OT.

Now for the easy part...to disable DEP simply open up your command prompt...Make sure you run it as an administrator.

Type in bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff and push enter.

Restart your computer.

After you have restarted your computer, open up your command prompt....type in wmic OS Get DataExecutionPrevention_SupportPolicy and push enter.

It should show a 0

DEP is typically a necessary program to have running..however if you are sick of the random crashes and dont do much other than hosting and surfing the web than this tutorial is perfect for you. Do so at your own risk.

Last edited:
Why would you disable DEP:S. Thats not a good way to solve it.

it was for me.

and i quote

DEP is typically a necessary program to have running..however if you are sick of the random crashes and dont do much other than hosting and surfing the web than this tutorial is perfect for you. Do so at your own risk.

My opinion... Use Linux as Operating System for hosting OTServs. :D

15 hours is not that much mate.. most of the servers Ive seen around with over 30d (Im talking about days straight, hundreds of hours w/no crashes) uptime are ran on Linux.

Linux is definitely better for hosting services, but if this tutorial helps Windows hosters as you say, then well done :)

15 hours is not that much mate.. most of the servers Ive seen around with over 30d (Im talking about days straight, hundreds of hours w/no crashes) uptime are ran on Linux.

Linux is definitely better for hosting services, but if this tutorial helps Windows hosters as you say, then well done :)

15:43 Uptime: 23 hours and 25 minutes.

idk how much proof i need, the ot is updated daily thats why i dont get much over 24h lol

350+ uptime on crappy windows computer. Its just about coding correctly.

Someone can put pictures do not quite understand what he says then, I closed my server vps 0.3.5pl1 me someone knows how to do this guide? :( Please

ke traductor tan chimbo vale.. HAHAHAHA

what a bad translator w00t

say what u want against disabling DEP but its one of the things that makes windows fail for hosting..I have proof of DEP exiting my servers without my consent what more is there to say? If you are having similar issues this tutorial will help you :)

it's rather a distro that makes serve stay without crashes than OS....

Because Windows doesn't act like all the other operativsystems (POSIX). That means they don't act so well. Primarly TFS is build for Linux.

Because Windows doesn't act like all the other operativsystems (POSIX). That means they don't act so well. Primarly TFS is build for Linux.

If i could go back in time I would host Linux trust me, but i have been hosting 2 years+ on windows its all I know :(

Using windows server 2008
When I use the lines you provided in the command prompt I get:

The boot configuration data store could not be opened.
The system cannot find the file specified.

Back