• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Discussion: Marketplace

Should the Maketplace be removed?

• YES!

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • NO!

Votes: 23 56.1%

• Total voters
If you want to talk about the theories of money and currency, make another thread, this one is about the Marketplace!

Let's move to the main subject, I understand that the Selling will not stop, but if you enforce against it, the people selling will have to take their business elsewhere.

Ya lets do that after 5 pages of flamefeast on Amoaz and Tyren, and when Amoaz then FINALY manages to exaplain what he ment to people born yesterday we can move on. Still find it funny how you say that I started the flamefeast xD

Ya lets do that after 5 pages of flamefeast on Amoaz and Tyren, and when Amoaz then FINALY manages to exaplain what he ment to people born yesterday we can move on. Still find it funny how you say that I started the flamefeast xD

Opinions become fire.

YOU are the one who brought up the subject along with Tyren
I can say sorry for this one, got caught up in the moment and forgot to check if it was you or Tyren.
It was actually Tyren.

@ Tyren
read your first post, it regards little about the Market place and more about your opinion about Otland's Donation System.

I can say sorry for this one, got caught up in the moment and forgot to check if it was you or Tyren.
It was actually Tyren.

@ Tyren
read your first post, it regards little about the Market place and more about your opinion about Otland's Donation System.

Little? It still includes the marketplace and my opinion of how open tibia has become closed tibia.
Anything else? Visitor message or pm.

ITT: People's opinions are facts.
Kappa.png

#Thread:
It's complicated. But I'd say either abolish it completely or make it open for everyone (not just premium users. Also, with some improvements to try and prevent the most obvious scams). Whether we remove it or not, it won't be a win/win situation and that's for sure. That's why I said "It's complicated".

At the end of the day, it's all based on subjective opinions. All we can really do is post our honest thoughts, and wait to see what changes the Administrators might make (if any).

Random fact: I actually prepared a really long post for this thread, but decided not to post it. ;_;

Kappa.png

#Thread:
It's complicated. But I'd say either abolish it completely or make it open for everyone (not just premium users. Also, with some improvements to try and prevent the most obvious scams). Whether we remove it or not, it won't be a win/win situation and that's for sure. That's why I said "It's complicated".

At the end of the day, it's all based on subjective opinions. All we can really do is post our honest thoughts, and wait to see what changes the Administrators might make (if any).

Random fact: I actually prepared a really long post for this thread, but decided not to post it. ;_;
Pm me the post plx :)

Kappa.png

#Thread:

Cmon post it :D:D

Kappa.png

#Thread:

4pd8.jpg

Migxxx, I order you to post it! :p

Do eet, don't worry about me, I know there is a spanking for everyone in it(myself included)!

Sadly, it's long gone... should have saved it somewhere. ;_;

It wasn't that interesting anyway. It was just me presenting other points of view, the possible pros-cons from both sides, the ideology behind open source software, proprietary software, and my humble opinion (and conflicting ideologies) in a bigger scope. Mainly food for thought.

BTW: I decided not to post it because I try to avoid subjective debates. They're such a hassle.
MVGame.png

Sadly, it's long gone... should have saved it somewhere. ;_;

It wasn't that interesting anyway. It was just me presenting other points of view, the possible pros-cons from both sides, the ideology behind open source software, proprietary software, and my humble opinion (and conflicting ideologies) in a bigger scope. Mainly food for thought.

BTW: I decided not to post it because I try to avoid subjective debates. They're such a hassle.
MVGame.png
You suck.

No. The ones who said yes are right-depriving conforming individualist douchebags with no foreseeing of the voiding devaluation this forum would experience.

Capitalism capitalism!
Just had to throw it out there, I see no one throwing it around :<

IMO, the marketplace should be for things like Znote ACC or things like that, but not Open Tibia server packages, Scripts (well made ones) should be allowed there. Open-Tibia was never meant to be about getting money.

I understand that and agree, but removing the section would be depriving the forum users. Myself I don't like the way it's currently being used, but people saying it should be closed are being of selfish nature by inclining themselves toward the possibility of having new systems which could possibly have been sold. If you're not interested in seeing topics related to generic package sales, rid of those topics or dispose of them from your perception.

I understand that and agree, but removing the section would be depriving the forum users. Myself I don't like the way it's currently being used, but people saying it should be closed are being of selfish nature by inclining themselves toward the possibility of having new systems which could possibly have been sold. If you're not interested in seeing topics related to generic package sales, rid of those topics or dispose of them from your perception.

hmm, ok, but in what way do you see this as depriving the forum users?

@Shinmaru; Exactly! The forum user's have dealt with it before (that being not having a marketplace).

For the users that would want to announce things related to OTS, which I think is the aim of forum, with the purpose of selling. Now if you'd like losing potential forum users with those intentions that is totally up to you, the staff, to moderate. If you think removing the section is a contribution to this forum, feel free, I suppose.

Got an idea for the marketplace. Why not remove the premium restriction, and instead add something like the Vapus Shop uses (where you upload the items your going to sell, and in order to download you have to pay to get access to that link ONCE), then instead OtLand could charge a SMALL fee (1-2$) in order to use their system. By doing so, OtLand admins would not only see that the content is legit, they would also prevent scammers/noobs to mass upload stuff.

When it comes to services they should be reviewed and vouched by mods before they are posted. For example my service where I pentest Otservers, I sold it and helped some mods on this forum and they could actually vouch for me that its legit. So in order for someone to create a for example scripting services, a mod should task him to create a certain thing, if he manages and can show it as proof that he made it, he should be allowed to keep it on the page.

If the trade is about an account or gold or such, an admin/mod should always be available as middleman.

Sounds like alot of work, but its just my opinion. If you gonna do something, dont make it half way, go all in :)

Got an idea for the marketplace. Why not remove the premium restriction, and instead add something like the Vapus Shop uses (where you upload the items your going to sell, and in order to download you have to pay to get access to that link ONCE), then instead OtLand could charge a SMALL fee (1-2$) in order to use their system. By doing so, OtLand admins would not only see that the content is legit, they would also prevent scammers/noobs to mass upload stuff.

When it comes to services they should be reviewed and vouched by mods before they are posted. For example my service where I pentest Otservers, I sold it and helped some mods on this forum and they could actually vouch for me that its legit. So in order for someone to create a for example scripting services, a mod should task him to create a certain thing, if he manages and can show it as proof that he made it, he should be allowed to keep it on the page.

If the trade is about an account or gold or such, an admin/mod should always be available as middleman.

Sounds like alot of work, but its just my opinion. If you gonna do something, dont make it half way, go all in :)

As much as I'm against selling/buying in Otland, this one is a good idea, though this part "If the trade is about an account or gold or such, an admin/mod should always be available as middleman.", it should only be related to Ot stuff, not Tibia, plus holding a mod/admin as a middle man is a huge responsibility and I can honestly see a frame job on any target mod. other than that, it's good, specially charging a service fee. That'll wee out any scammers. Though if such system is created, it should be Fully logged, since there can be idiots attempting to make fraudulent claims about the system. So it is fully logged, we can check if the user is a fraud or legit.

I don't fully endorse it, but a good idea...it's more of a medial solution. Though I doubt the higher ups might want to go into the challenge of developing such system, since we have bad ill towards the Marketplace.

There should be a restriction, such as, only members with 300+ posts and a rep bar level 2 should be allowed to use the system.

Back