• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Discussion] Official Kiwi Server Rebirth Ideas?

Kiwi Dan

Kiwi Server 3.0
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am considering re-opening the original kiwi server with modifications.
Also planning on working on the leveling system/balancing/quests/monsters/vocations etc etc before re-releasing if I do, to improve the longevity and enjoyment of the server.

Do any of you remember the old server and have you got any suggestions for the possible re-release or would be willing to support it?

I would be only hosting it on a dedicated server, so would need donations. I don't want to over-power donors either though, so would appreciate some ideas there.

I'm hoping to make this a FUN SERVER again how I originally wanted it to be from day one, however not a high-rate I also want to add in some RPG concepts.

So yeah do any of you guys have any ideas that you would like to see in this server if you've played it before, or ideas/advice in general to those who don't even know me or my server?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Daniel

That's good advice, thank you. I'm trying to figure out a way to make it fun for everyone, but we do need donations so gotta figure a way to balance it all out some how...

Good luck dan, used 2 play in 8.4, still tryna find a gud laptop n ill surely join..
Nightblood~

Maybe screenshots of your old OT?

Sounds interesting but almost no info so far

I guess we brought it back already? ^.-
but anyway dan contact me on msn:

everyone from the old kiwi is here too

Last edited:
@Aryak
Yeah it was more directed at the old players as a discussion thread, any pics and that would be deemed "advertising" I think and the thread would be deleted. Once things are updated I'll upload some in the proper place :).

@Hiperkarma haha yeah things got a bit crazy on the last one, me and the staff got wayyy too strict on botting and that (so yeah it turns out 90% of people bot...) That's why I'm re-creating it as a "FUN SERVER" :).

@Muttz, yeah but not the original one - you guys kinda gave me a kick in the backside to bring it back up though haha. Would be good to see the old players back.

we've got the original map, advanced one tho, (fetus's)
you can create an account, check it out yourself
its not a looklike kiwi map, its the original one

we still need to work on the balancing and stuff, so yeh... if you wanna join us, feel free.

@^ I feel kiwidan would still have the original server files somewhere ;o

So even if you have the proper map its not the same without the old styled balancing :p
I'd prefer it to be like before the initial reset though. (without the donation islands but with the Kiwi health runes etc)

Ah yes, an old version of the original map (2 years older then mine I believe) that was leaked to you without my permission...
No I don't want to join yours, I will get the real one back up! :p

@Sharp. Yeah I have the most recent one with all the scripts and everything :). Thanks for the suggestions!

we've got the original map, advanced one tho, (fetus's)
you can create an account, check it out yourself
its not a looklike kiwi map, its the original one

we still need to work on the balancing and stuff, so yeh... if you wanna join us, feel free.

Asking the owner of the original server to join you in a server that without(most likely) his permission, you run. I lol'd. Take a lap

I do not run his server, the server I'm running was created/scripted/compiled completely by me
kiwi server was originally started by him as an idea and name, he shut it down, he closed that project
years later, me and few people decided to start our own version of kiwi server.
and please do not give me that copycat crap, I thought that's what we're all doing here anyways. copying cipsoft
an open source based on an idea/project by them.

of course Daniel is more than welcome to bring his version of kiwi back.
how I got the map, was pretty decent way in my opinion...It was not stolen, there was no illegal way of obtaining it.
with all due respect its up to me to decide if I want to keep it or not, same goes for the name... otherwise you shouldn't have left it.
because its contents are no longer 100% contributed by the original kiwi creators, a lot of time and effort has been put into developing it. "at that time, we were 100% certain that kiwi server was closed forever therefore it was designated."

That was me clearing things up, If you, Daniel don't wanna get in touch and talk about it, we'll just keep it that way.
best of luck on your project.

Yeah I understand your side of things and how it all happened Mutz, it's not really any ones fault. I've just been telling people that I am not the one running it and you didn't have my permission to use the map. I would appreciate it if you didn't use my map any more even if it's the older version.

I have PM'd you :)

Last edited:
Taking a whole map that was someone elses and making scripts to clone a previous server is copying. Yea 90% of otland copies everything they use whether its a real map or something else. But if you had put real effort into a server you would have constructed your own.

apart from the entirely revamped map, the construction/base or whatever was/is totally original, and was created by me, the effort and hard work were real, as they were invested into that map and distro.

however, I'll consider turning off the current version of kiwi that I'm running at the moment as I will get busy in real life soon with other "hopefully" productive stuff

now, IF.. I somehow got the time I'll probably keep it, I'll rename it to god knows whatever, use a different map/ import the parts that I own.

and everybody's happy :)

apart from the entirely revamped map, the construction/base or whatever was/is totally original, and was created by me, the effort and hard work were real, as they were invested into that map and distro.

however, I'll consider turning off the current version of kiwi that I'm running at the moment as I will get busy in real life soon with other "hopefully" productive stuff

now, IF.. I somehow got the time I'll probably keep it, I'll rename it to god knows whatever, use a different map/ import the parts that I own.

and everybody's happy :)

Cheers Mutz your integrity is appreciated.

I hope everything in your RL goes well and is actually productive haha.
All the best with your future projects!

Back