• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Discussion] Official Kiwi Server Rebirth Ideas?

Any set date for a return Daniel?
The exact date is unknown, but I can say progress is being made quite quickly. I'm going to go through everything with a fine tooth comb and not rush putting it back up. It may take a few weeks until the test stage or a month or two.

When kiwi's back up, it will be the skeleton of an interesting RPG concept I've been coming up with.

Back on the subject of ideas... Do you guys have any suggestions?
I'm interested in changing the names of the vocations to something a little different, to make it less like RT but still original kiwi.
If any body has played Team Fortress 2 before I'm kind of wanting to make it like that... Vocations have a role and aren't meant to be able to solo absolutely everything, also pvp is meant to be team based and so are missions.

I'd be very interested in suggestions relating to vocation balancing, donor balancing and being able to maintain a decent currency and item value.

All tips and suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Last edited:
My advice: don't make it too "donation oriented."
ht1.jpg
jh.jpg
bh.jpg

Cheers Carl. I'm keeping that in mind more so this time :)
We're going to spend a while getting things right, so the test may go up in a few weeks to a month or so now. It's hard to know which is why I hate giving an ETA haha.

I'd appreciate ideas on how to balance out currency/items if you guys have any ideas? :)

EDIT:
Have been working on the server hours every day since I submitted the thread, things are well on there way.

Last edited:
Hey Dan I was thinking of something that players would probably like is to put the old kiwi map up first just because of the location of the mall and mini quests and such. Wouldn't be a bad idea since many of us loved that map so much but after the map update it was more blah. About the donor thing, i think you should really just make weapons like the crossbow, wands, and sword; loved them so much. Keep the addon system the same you had it, it was so much fun and rewarding at the end to have a full addon and people would compliment you. Looking forward to playing your server again.... will bring back many many MANY memories. GL!!!! :3

I think you should make edited armor that could be gained through VERY difficult quests that would require a big team of high levels to get done. This would be a nice idea to not make it based too much on donation although it would be nice to keep the weapons such as the royal crossbow.

Hey Dan I was thinking of something that players would probably like is to put the old kiwi map up first just because of the location of the mall and mini quests and such. Wouldn't be a bad idea since many of us loved that map so much but after the map update it was more blah. About the donor thing, i think you should really just make weapons like the crossbow, wands, and sword; loved them so much. Keep the addon system the same you had it, it was so much fun and rewarding at the end to have a full addon and people would compliment you. Looking forward to playing your server again.... will bring back many many MANY memories. GL!!!! :3
Yeah I noticed it was hard to find any NPC's in the latest one, I'll try and merge the two. Yeah we're keeping the addon system the same. I'll consider you donor idea. Looking forwards to having you back!

I think you should make edited armor that could be gained through VERY difficult quests that would require a big team of high levels to get done. This would be a nice idea to not make it based too much on donation although it would be nice to keep the weapons such as the royal crossbow.

That's a cool idea carlos, I'm looking forwards to making those kinds of quests. I'll consider your donor idea :).

Thanks for the advice guys!

Last edited:
No problem anytime.... Hey will there also be application for tutor positions? Asking ahead of time to get ready if you don't mind :)

No problem anytime.... Hey will there also be application for tutor positions? Asking ahead of time to get ready if you don't mind :)
Sure thing, just send me a PM telling me why you'd be a good candidate :)

Edit:
As per PureDarkSlayers suggestion I have added back some features of the old kiwi map. The old mall/depot and temple along with the quests :)

Last edited:
Sweet!! i made an impact on the return of your server... makes me feel special :3

edit: what client are you planning on using for it?

Last edited:
Sweet!! i made an impact on the return of your server... makes me feel special :3

edit: what client are you planning on using for it?
You sure did mate, I'm glad to have all these parts of kiwi's history back! :)
We're going to try and always stick with the latest client version.

Dan please get the server on as soon as possible!!! :)
That's exactly the plan! I've been working on the server everyday since the 26th of March.
We still have quite a bit of things to do to get it up to standard so it will probably still take another week or two before I release a test server.

I played this a longgg time ago, got a few screenies from it aswell xD
was a very fun server, i think i got like lvl 190 or something :)

I played this a longgg time ago, got a few screenies from it aswell xD
was a very fun server, i think i got like lvl 190 or something :)
Cool, I hope you play again! :). Do you have any suggestions that you'd like to see on this?

I know ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of ppl that would play this :D

But,b4,donors were kinda optional if u wanted to play ;/

If u dont make donors op,ill play ofc ;P

Btw,if u didint have vip,it was kinda impossible to get high lvls ;P
Dont get me wrong. Its possible,but takes 5x more time

Back