• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Discussion] Official Kiwi Server Rebirth Ideas?

Fuck this server.
And fuck the behemoths that always one hit my level 60 knight.
Jk this server owned....
Cept too donation oriented =(

It was donation oriented but trust me... it will change now :) maybe only a few items of donation that will improve your skill.

Cheers for the comments guys. I know donors can be over-powered and have been in the past. I'll do my best to balance things out more in this one. Do any of you have suggestions that work in other servers without the over-powering?
We've got the dedicated up and an alpha private test server up, if you would like to join let me know :)

Edit: The server is well on its way through Private Alpha test stage. Public Beta should be on in a couple days or so.

Last edited:
Cheers for the comments guys. I know donors can be over-powered and have been in the past. I'll do my best to balance things out more in this one. Do any of you have suggestions that work in other servers without the over-powering?
We've got the dedicated up and an alpha private test server up, if you would like to join let me know :)

Edit: The server is well on its way through Private Alpha test stage. Public Beta should be on in a couple days or so.

Dan i would lovee! to help! let me know how i can log in :)

OMG I can't believe the server is coming back!!!!! I used to play this server everyday for hours! My name was rooster man level 415 sorcerer and I had the house below the depot next to Atticus. This is the best news I've heard in a long time!

:D I remember you guys! Private Alpha test is almost over. Public Beta should be online within the next 24 hours. Would love for you guys to help me test things out and advise me on how you'd like things to become :)

My advice: don't make it too "donation oriented."

Good luck, Dan. :)

When I said this, I meant "do not sell your items.xml file on the site." God forbid your server becomes one of the other 1,000 newb servers on OtServlist.org.

There are many alternatives for raising funds to keep the server alive. For example, you could sell Premium (wait...let me speak before you freak out). You give players all of the default Premium features, for free. You then make Premium an optional feature, that can be purchased biweekly, monthly, quarterly, or annually. What would Premium offer players? ANYTHING you can imagine!

Some suggestions:

1. Premium players get 10% extra gold from NPC's when selling items (easy peezy).
  2. Stamina: Premium players get an extra 50% of experience during their two "happy" hours (custom stamina system - source edition required).
  3. Loot: During their two stamina hours, they receive an extra 5-10% loot chance on specific items (source edition required).
I could come up with dozens more, but you get the point. (Send me a PM if you want to talk - I'm glad to help).

Small advantages that make substantial difference - this is KEY! It will require some source editions but it will be worth it.

@Hiperkarma haha yeah things got a bit crazy on the last one, me and the staff got wayyy too strict on botting and that (so yeah it turns out 90% of people bot...) That's why I'm re-creating it as a "FUN SERVER" :).

I remember playing this server a long time ago, but I don't think I played it during this "crazy" period. The way I take this statement is that your staff began punishing botters and then 90% of the server ended up to be botting, and now you're going to re-create it and call it a "fun server." Meaning, you are going to allow the botters to bot? Sounds like you consider punishing the botters to be a mistake. I personally don't consider a server full of bots to be fun. Defeats the whole purpose, lol.

Also do you make your own vocations on this server? You should totally make a bard vocation. Make their spells use those music note animations. They could do AoEs and stuff that buff party members or whatever.

I remember playing this server a long time ago, but I don't think I played it during this "crazy" period. The way I take this statement is that your staff began punishing botters and then 90% of the server ended up to be botting, and now you're going to re-create it and call it a "fun server." Meaning, you are going to allow the botters to bot? Sounds like you consider punishing the botters to be a mistake. I personally don't consider a server full of bots to be fun. Defeats the whole purpose, lol.

Also do you make your own vocations on this server? You should totally make a bard vocation. Make their spells use those music note animations. They could do AoEs and stuff that buff party members or whatever.

Yeah I hate botters too haha. What happened on the last one is we put all our resources and staff into banning/deleting players that were breaking the rules. "FUN SERVER" to me means we are balancing it out more. Still enforcing rules banning botters etc but balancing out the enforcement with fun things like regular events and developing the content further.

Vocations will stay the same to start with but over time I'm hoping to add in other (balanced) vocations too :), thanks for your idea!

Update:
INQ is up for all you high levels to test out :)

So guys, please let me know if you are interested in playing and if you're not, why not? It would help us out a lot :)

Last edited:
Did the remake ever happen?

Why would u bring up a post which is over 10 years old?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Why would u bring up a post which is over 10 years old?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I dont use Otland much, as reflected on my profile. This just randomly popped up and I was wondering. Take a chill pill boss

Back