• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Discussion thread] Ruthless Chaos

I'd love to be beta-tester :)
Previous seasons were fun, too bad I didn't have much spare time to play though..

Beta? Im in! @Glecko Loved ruthless chaos. First version it was only me and a few other players left after the hype of the first few hours. Such a good server.

I've been testing blacksmithing this morning and I gotta say that I'm impressed! I love the variety of the custom items, and it's not too hard and not too easy. Lots and lots of items to craft from blacksmithing and on top of that the custom items are quite fun to play with. Can't wait for the real server to start and see how it all plays out!

I did played this server last era.
I had knight level 80.
It was very nice server, but there was lack of players.
I would like to test it too.

Sorry I guess they forgot to post the news here.

"Dear players,

It was late spring, in the middle of our university final exams, when Darkstar and me came up with an idea. We had been working for some time on the new professions system, and it looked like the perfect addition to Ruthless Chaos for the new season, since it carried most of the things that players had been requesting the previous season (solo-content, more customization of your equipment, a way to progress without team...). We knew we would not be able to work on the server during our exams, but we were optimistic. Summer was the perfect time to release the new season.

We had a 2 week period between the end of our exams and the beginning of a trip I had been planning for a long time. By dropping one of the professions (jewellery) and dedicating our full time to the other two, we believed that we would be able to have a decent profession system ready for release of Season 3 before I left. We already had to postpone the release a whole month (beginning of August instead of beginning of July).

Then, while I was away, Darkstar would do a small closed beta, prepare the advertising campaign and finish the last remaining content to have everything ready for release at the beginning of August. It turns out, our optimism deceived us. By the time I had to leave, there were plenty of unfinished things, especially content-wise in the alchemy profession (as some of you might have noticed in the Beta). Darkstar managed to implement most of the recipes and systems that were missing, but he was alone and it was difficult for us to communicate to agree on many issues (specially balancing ones).

As I got back, we both worked against the clock of the release date that we had planned (9th of August). Alchemy was missing a lot of content, the whole advertisement campaign had not started yet and as it turned out from the Beta, our whole skill-advancement system for blacksmithing was flawed and had to be reworked. Moreover, shortly after the release, we both would have to leave for vacation, complicating things even further. Stress situations started happening, sleepless nights were on the schedule and we even had a fight as a result of them.

It is then when we noticed that this was not what we wanted. At the end of the day, we work on Ruthless Chaos as a hobby (contrary to some people's beliefs, we don't make any money from the server, sometimes we have to invest our personal money to pay for the dedicated server when donations are not enough). It made no sense that something we do out of free will was causing so much stress and trouble in our lives. We looked back at our initial plan (to have a server release at the beginning of summer, where most people could play) and noticed how far we had deviated from it.

So we sat down, looked at our situation with perspective, and agreed that the best was to cancel the release. Not permanently. But so we could work on the profession system more calmly, implement the third profession, and have a proper release, with a proper advertising campaing, and without stressed GMs. We know that we promised you a release this month, and we don't have the words to express how sorry we are for not being able to keep our word. Things you need to rush have never worked well.

We will keep working on the release on Season 3 like we have until now. However, for now its release will be postponed to an undefined date. Again, we are really sorry and we hope that you can understand our reasons."

Last edited:
I was playing last version of Ruthless Chaos, even helped with some website background once.
Can i be added to tester's list?

Back