• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DO NOT USE PAYPAL

My server is my life, I have gave up everything for it for Paypal to do this to me is heart breaking.

Wow such a suprise cant monetize illegal property what a bumer! You based your life on illegal busines?

Try Premium SMS, but what happened to PayPal can happen to any service.

Open a company and start accepting direct bank transfers.

Since you are global mod, maybe ask Mark about a resprite project? Official, runned by otland. Because any actions without a "kickstart" from ot community leaders would be a failure.
It has been attempted before and it won't happen.

I also had alot of charge backs, but never lost a case. Anyway, its weird they come up with such a thing, while there's so many other servers that use paypal.

As I remember the only thing that is copyrighted from tibia is their website and their client.
Since we use their official client from back in the days, they could close every OT, but they simply give a sh*t bout that. Even their sprites aint copyrighted. All we could do is change to OTClient.

I found it funny that you actually believed Cip would permit you to make money of their game.

In my opinion make a currency across your whole website that can then be used to buy the items you want to sell.
But do not make this currency in game.

That way you are not selling Cipsoft property you are merely selling a Point for donating.

so for example i can reward donators with as many "Thevass.co.uk" Points as i like and cipsoft cannot say anything,
However you can then use these points to purchase anything on your site...
So it works like a loyalty bonus for donating to the running costs of the server.
Remember it has to be like a present for them donating if you advertise on your site that they are paying this much and getting so many points. and they catch you, it counts as selling.
you must give that to them as a reward

Other option would be make another paypal account and manually transfer the funds from 1 paypal account to another. (you may have to make a few paypal accounts and change it every 3 months or so.)

Final option.....

Rename your server, buy a new domain name.....
start again, and see how long you can get away with it.
i certainly wouldnt give up there,

But i would say this be cautious of Cipsoft, if they catch wind (although i doubt it).
They could potentially shut you down for good and you could end up with a court case on your hands.

Plus i think that Cipsoft are more likely to go after the big players before they go for the small time server runners, so sites like this one for example.

I have to say though, this is the first i have heard of paypal putting a Copyright clause down on an OT server.
they usually go after the bigger titles like GTA,ARMA.....

I am aware that the people who created arma 2 involved paypal in their attempt to stop people playing arma 2 and move onto arma 3.
The fights been going on for months....
People are still running arma 2 servers though..

Anyway going slightly off topic now.

:D Happy Days

@Samaster
Over two years I had different servers, sometimes players donated and days later they reported to Paypal that did not receive their points, but the system thet I have is automatic, so I show to Paypal the proof that was a lie and occasionally I win the case, but other times i lost, although it has always been the same, I don't know why sometimes Paypal agreed and sometimes not.

So what I recommend is that created another Paypal account, and use other mail and bank account number, if you have funds in your blocked account, neither you have left another, start again and not give up. Good luck.

If you ban someone who bought premium content YOU HAVE TO GIVE HIM BACK ALL PREMIUM points/things or give him back his money.
This is in Paypal's terms of use which you accepted after making an PP account. Also this thing is in every European country's law and in almost all states of USA.
This statement is entirely untrue in the USA, in other countries I wouldn't know but I highly doubt it.
Companies or individuals who provide a product or service do not have to give you a refund if you violate their terms of service.

Last edited:
This statement is entirely untrue in the USA, in other countries I wouldn't know but I highly doubt it.
Companies or individuals who provide a product or service do not have to give you a refund if you violate their terms of service.

Its true in USA, also in most of States it's very strictly enforced! On 'support forum' of Tibia.com are many topics where someone bought Tibia Coins (premium) and got banned for using a bot. They are asking Cipsoft for refund of all unused Tibia Coins based on US law (if they are from US) or other country law (if they are from other country). Cip have to give them those coins from banned account to new account or give them money back.

In many cases, OTS players which got banned or server was restarted they are asking for refund of all unused premium points. Alot of OT admins don't cares about that. Then ppl are asking for refund via PayPal and PP decides it in favor of players, becouse dumb admins links to thier ots's terms.

Other examples:
1. You added 50$ to your Steam account. You bought two games for 20$ total. Your Steam acc got banned for offensive statement/scamming/cheating etc. Steam is refunding unspend 30$. They have to.

2. You added 100$ for advertising on Facebook. Your acc got banned after you spend 10% of it. FB have to refund all unspend cash.

This is extremally highly blablabla strictly enforced in US.

Last edited:
Its true in USA, also in most of States it's very strictly enforced! On 'support forum' of Tibia.com are many topics where someone bought Tibia Coins (premium) and got banned for using a bot. They are asking Cipsoft for refund of all unused Tibia Coins based on US law (if they are from US) or other country law (if they are from other country). Cip have to give them those coins from banned account to new account or give them money back.

In many cases, OTS players which got banned or server was restarted they are asking for refund of all unused premium points. Alot of OT admins don't cares about that. Then ppl are asking for refund via PayPal and PP decides it in favor of players, becouse dumb admins links to thier ots's terms.

Other examples:
1. You added 50$ to your Steam account. You bought two games for 20$ total. Your Steam acc got banned for offensive statement/scamming/cheating etc. Steam is refunding unspend 30$. They have to.

2. You added 100$ for advertising on Facebook. Your acc got banned after you spend 10% of it. FB have to refund all unspend cash.

This is extremally highly blablabla strictly enforced in US.

What about league riot points ? If you get banned and have remaining Riot points ;o virtual game currency so naw I assume?

What about league riot points ? If you get banned and have remaining Riot points ;o virtual game currency so naw I assume?
You should make an ticket to Riot. Explain what happened, that you had unused RPs (but only if you bought them, not got them for free) and you got perm banned. Tell them that you want money back or RP on second account. Support will asks you for any kind of proof that you bought those RPs.

Your website has a ton of screenshots showing tibia sprites, you have a link to tibia client, and a custom client which is probably an edited tibia client.

Your website has tons of proof that you are encouraging players to illegally use Cipsoft's property to log into your server.

OTLanders,

I have had my open tibia server online since February this year and Paypal have locked my account, asking for proof of permission from the developers of Tibia that I am allowed to have my server up. I later emailed Cipsoft directly and they responded this:
2zindi9.png

My server is my life, I have gave up everything for it for Paypal to do this to me is heart breaking. I have no idea what to do now. Can someone help me find an alternative?

After all they are right, why do you think you have the right to use most of their hard work to make money? (I feel bad for you but just playing devils advocate)
Create a new paypal, use your parents/brothers/sisters/friends information (with there permission of course) and this time don't link anything so they can't connect the dots.
Paypal is amazing lol I had someone dispute over 3,500$ they made in donations I logged on one day my account was -3,500 after talking to paypal for hours they let me out of it. Not sure what happened in your case. Sorry dude

@Red @HalfAway @Znote

Firstly, I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to you all for supporting me and bringing light to this case, I am pleased to say it's sorted now.

Ok to bring an update the situation, here's what's happened..

I have removed all Paypal content on my servers website 'Raptorserver.ddns.net' and uploaded the screenshot of Cipsofts email to them. They responded by removing the limitation/lock on my account. I then closed that Paypal account, so in their eyes I'm being well behaved. I am also doing everything they're asking me to do.

I have created a new Paypal account and attached my bank and card to it which is being used for donations. No trace of this account can be found on my servers web page so Paypal cannot link it to my server. I have made a Facebook post for my players telling them my new Paypal email and a 'How to' guide to donate. It's worked fine so far.

As an evaluation, players send money to my new Paypal and I give them the respective coins for it.

I also plan on making my own sprites & weapons etc but I haven't started on that yet, so when I do start doing this I will remove the other download links on my server for the ip changer and tibia client.

What do you all think of this? Anything else you think I should do?

Back