• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Do people actually care for a story/lore?

• Thread starter Deleted member 49793
  • Start date

Do you care about a storyline/lore

• Only on the advertisement thread is enough

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Both thread + in-game is awesome

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Only in-game (no one reads it on advertisement page on otland)

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • I dont pay attention to it in-game

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I dont care for it at all

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • If its short I will read it

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 49793

Basically as the title states, curious how much people are interested in a lore whether on advertisement page or in-game

I do care about story lore, but it's boring.

If it's an interactive storyline it's fun to see, -- but a boring wall of text, nobody cares.

dolphin-dont-care.gif

Actually, if you want to make a rpgstyle ot i would say yes definetly a storyline and a lore, but keep the lore on advertisepage to the minimum so people can find it out for themselves ingame.

I know most people find it boring, but i enjoy looking through bookcases in the hopes of finding some books and reading them. and then try to find other parts of the books to complete the story.
This is a lot of work ofcourse if u want to write such a big backstory and lore. so i would suggest: make a good storyline with some epic quest lines and some secrets people can explore.

not just grind quest like: kill 50000000 rotworms but some interesting ridles and stuff. makes the server so much fun ^^

Actually, if you want to make a rpgstyle ot i would say yes definetly a storyline and a lore, but keep the lore on advertisepage to the minimum so people can find it out for themselves ingame.

I know most people find it boring, but i enjoy looking through bookcases in the hopes of finding some books and reading them. and then try to find other parts of the books to complete the story.
This is a lot of work ofcourse if u want to write such a big backstory and lore. so i would suggest: make a good storyline with some epic quest lines and some secrets people can explore.

not just grind quest like: kill 50000000 rotworms but some interesting ridles and stuff. makes the server so much fun ^^

Great feedback! thanks for putting in the time

I guess it will all just depend on who you want playing.
Do you want 10-20 RPG fan boys enjoying your endless hours of work or do you want 50-200+ kids raping the shit out of each other because that's actually the fun part of tibia (in my opinion).
I apply the same logic to mapping.
Beautiful maps are great, but the greater majority do not care if there is a tuft of grass at the base of the tree jutting out over the 3 storey multi-tier waterfall.

I have seen countless projects actually reach completion with beautiful maps and well written lore, but then fail within the first 6 months due to lack of interest! All of their hard work down the drain!

Me? The last server I created and hosted? I made the map and all the scripts in one overnight sitting. Brought it online the next day. No lore at all other than the oh so fancy ascension & consecration system I wrote in. (essentially 2nd & 3rd promotion though you restarted at level 8 at each promo)
Hands down most popular server hosted in Australia ever. Ended up taking it down because I could no longer afford the bandwidth. (insane expensive in australia)
I will prop myself here and say that the map was very good in a functional way. I am a good mapper, just in a completely different way to Peroxide.

But like I said, depends on who you want playing!
With my last server I catered to the masses. I gave them exactly what they wanted and it was a great success!

I do, if its in the older client versions.

New graphics just make me think "damn, wish i could break out elfbot or any bot in general, considering everyone else does"

Back