• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Does anybody remember me?

EvulDeeds

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I'm back from the dead and back in the day i used to be the creator / owner of the EvulDeeds OT 7.1 and 7.5 servers. Does anybody remember those?
Ah... Glory days.... :cool:

Anyway!
I am looking for the next big thing, be it my own thing from scratch or becoming an addition to an already great team.
As stated, I've worked on 7.1 and 7.5 when I believe things were more... simple. Meaning I do need to be ran through all the latest developments and things that have changed since.
If you're willing to invest your time in me, I can promise you I'll be a great addition to any team.

If this post doesn't get the response I'm hoping for I'm thinking I'll go setup my own OT again, from scratch and will then be looking for GM's, Admins and Dev's... but that's all future talk. I'm really hoping to join a good team and take it from there. otherwise... My next holiday in in April, and i'll be looking for collaborators... ;-)

What a great contribution you give, as for most of your posts. Thank you, good sir! You must be the light of any party, a joy to be around! Three cheers for "check"!

Now...
If anybody has a serious comment/contribution I'd love to hear it.
Yes my post might not say what I can or can't do, but I'm hoping to get off by credit and not an essay on my skills.

As stated, if i'm not getting the reply i'm hoping for ill start my own from scratch, as I did before.

Thanks. Start from scratch, you won't find better way to learn things.

Sigh. I am really hoping OTLand offers a better community then trolls like "check".
@Moderators , could you delete this message + the 3 prior? I'd like to keep this a clean post and not a free4all for trolls.

Welcome back. Never played your servers but I enjoy your enthusiasm. I wont be much of help as I am busy with my own private project but good luck in your new journey.

@check
Considering the rules link you posted. He has fulfilled the minimum criteria by proving "Job you offer/look for". However, this thread may be better off in the discussion forum.

Hey Guys!

I'm back from the dead and back in the day i used to be the creator / owner of the EvulDeeds OT 7.1 and 7.5 servers. Does anybody remember those?
Ah... Glory days.... :cool:

Anyway!
I am looking for the next big thing, be it my own thing from scratch or becoming an addition to an already great team.
As stated, I've worked on 7.1 and 7.5 when I believe things were more... simple. Meaning I do need to be ran through all the latest developments and things that have changed since.
If you're willing to invest your time in me, I can promise you I'll be a great addition to any team.

If this post doesn't get the response I'm hoping for I'm thinking I'll go setup my own OT again, from scratch and will then be looking for GM's, Admins and Dev's... but that's all future talk. I'm really hoping to join a good team and take it from there. otherwise... My next holiday in in April, and i'll be looking for collaborators... ;-)

Your best bet would be to learn whats going on nowadays. TFS is what most use as a server otland/forgottenserver (https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver) - there are branched projects (OTX/otbr..) that may be more advanced and are based on it but if you are looking for something clean go with TFS.

As for map editor its the good old RME hjnilsson/rme (https://github.com/hjnilsson/rme/)

Theres an OTClient otland/otclient (https://github.com/otland/otclient) but normal Tibia Client still works with ip changers. Again there's a branched project called OTClientv8 that has more features and others in the works to keep an eye for.

You'll also need a web based account maker (AAC) - not sure if that was a thing when you were around.

Those are the very basics. Now you should share with us what you can do - coder (what language/s) mapper, web, spriter... or what do you need.

Look around this forum as there's usually someone looking for a team or looking for members but make sure you know what you offer or what you need. If you need more help/tutorials you can find more here Tutorials (https://otland.net/forums/tutorials.477/)

Last edited:
First of all, this whole thread shouldn't appear in Jobs section. You don't offer anything, you are not looking for anyone, missing required prefix and other things mentioned in Read this before posting a new thread to avoid thread deletion! (https://otland.net/threads/read-this-before-posting-a-new-thread-to-avoid-thread-deletion.5070/)
This thread is a valid job offer, since he's searching for a team. I will move the thread to the board Discussion though, since the job description is a bit lackluster. I think that the thread starter can create a more specific job offer in the future, after having a discussion about his inquires with other mature users here.
Re-read the rules yourself, to make sure you understand them correctly. If you have any issues with a post, be sure to report the post so a moderator can handle it properly -- this way, we'll avoid a potential situation where the user in question, gets mislead.

With that said, I welcome you back EvulDeeds.
Good luck with your goals and enjoy your stay!

@EvulDeeds you'll probably enjoy this:

How did you start botting? Your first memories? (http://forums.xenobot.net/showthread.php?31341-How-did-you-start-botting-Your-first-memories&p=382747&viewfull=1#post382747)

And there it was, my first connection to a community outside of Tibia in general. I joined OpenTibia by playing my first ever server called Evuldeeds. Evuldeeds was one of the more popular war servers back in the day where you could choose to be an elf scout (paladin), necromancer (mage), hero (knight) and everyone had insane sets like e-plate, horned helmet, dragon scale legs, golden boots, etc. The excitement in me was through the roof, but the excitement in me with PVP was not fun. Let's put it this way, I sucked. But that doesn't stop me and my friends from playing Evuldeeds everyday for a week before we find out that there were other servers to play.

EvulDeeds was one of the first servers I played on. If I remember correctly, one of the GM's or Admins was called Walkor or something like that. However, I can be mistaken.

Woot. 7.1 and 7.5? Damn. So you last time you were interested in OT stuff, the servers were still running XML? Damn. Good times

They don't run XML anymore?
Damn...

XML is still used for some config files (spells, monsters, etc).
Using XML as a database was phased out a long time ago.
Using XML to store the map data (OTX) was phased out after that, but still a long time ago.
Haven't been keeping track of revscriptsys but I believe that will result in the removal of most if not all XML eventually.

Comments like this always make me wonder why people even bother commenting in the first place if it's a comment like this.

@EvulDeeds I don't remember you, but welcome back :) It's great to see people who want to actually contribute to the community.

A good starting point for compiling The Forgotten Server on Linux on could be my auto-installer (for linux; feel free to check the source on GitHub to understand a bit of the process), or this cool guide [Guide] Compiling & Running TFS 1.3 for Linux on Windows 10 (https://otland.net/threads/guide-compiling-running-tfs-1-3-for-linux-on-windows-10.266726/unread) ( a bit more pictures; explains how to run it on a Windows PC using WSL).

There is also the OTS Guide: Introduction (https://docs.otland.net/ots-guide/)

Have a good start mate!

Kind regards,
Damon

I remember Survival 7.1 distro and JXB Map Editor :)
and who remember me? :)

Comments like this always make me wonder why people even bother commenting in the first place if it's a comment like this.
It's the only suitable response to no-name attention seekers.

Back