• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Does anyone have the ORIGINAL CIP map editor?

gloriouscupcake

Reaction score
Hi all.

For those that aren't aware, in the very early days of the game, CIP used to let people download a map editor to make content to contribute to Tibia. This was over 20 years ago mind you. People like Knightmare started off using this tool to build parts of Tibia.

I'm curious if anyone happens to have this floating around, or any of the documentation for it. It's mostly for curiosity's sake, but I figure there might be someone with this tucked away somewhere. Any information on how it worked would also be appreciated (what it looked like, what functions existed etc.)

Was that tool available publicly though?
Try searching on web archive under their old websites. I found some stuff that way, e.g. a tool to convert old client minimap to the new one or a tool they released back in 2006 that was supposed to fix glitched minimaps or pre-7.0 test server client, the only one with the first version of knight outfit as well as many other old clients. I don't have that editor but with some luck you may be able to find it.
I had a dig through the web archive looking for it but had no luck. A few interviews suggested the editor was publicly available, but maybe they misremembered. I'm just hoping someone has stashed it away somewhere.

Old thread but just adding some information here. The original CIP map editor was never publicly available. But it was quite easy to get your hands on it if you asked them for it. It was simply called "Editor" and was very basic in its functions. There were no such things as houses or protection zones. You could not place NPCs or teleports either. The only things available was the ability to create a map and add (monster) creatures to it - nothing else. This became available between 1998-1999. By 2000, it was no longer a thing they offered. I did try it, but I never submitted any work to CIP. I know of one other player that did have it and he made some forest areas on Fibula but that was about it. Neither of us have any copies of it and I don't think it would run on modern computers. You'd need to get Windows 95 and try to use it that way. I believe it was just an Ultima Editor in its core, with modifications by CIP. It looks very similar to it. I know some mappers still play and can be found in the guild Rising Dragons Secura. (They were originally from Rising Dragons in Antica). You can probably find it among them, as a lot of their players archive old stuff like that. Good luck

Back