• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Download section

Status
Not open for further replies.

elf

Sing, sing blue silver
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
tayandenga
Twitch
tayandenga
Well, I won't hide any word, so if you're religious, get away.
If this thread gets deleted as some of my harrasive posts, I'll make it again, so mind clicking 'DELETE'. Also, I prefer an INFRACTION than hidden voice, because I care about this forum.

I am strongly embarassed by the 'NO EDIT' action. Its impossible to work at forum without EDIT option for scripters, people who modify their threads, etc. Honestly, move your fucking asses!
Do what you should instead of organizing unjudged map competitions, changing names, spamming around and dumping on the hard work to easiest way. For what the HECK this forum has 1, 2, 3... 11 GLOBAL MODERATORS where even half isn't doing anything? Everything you do could be handled easily by 2-3 _GOOD_ global moderators. Rather than making terrible hit and hard life for at least 50-200 users you should leave your positions and let someone who will do the job. Fill out your moderator positions, because with 2, yeah, none will handle since globals are only sitting farting around.

Remove this stupid lock and move your damn asses or add a per-forum-limit of editing own post (basicaly its impossible at this moment I think, but if Talaturen would want he should surely find few modifications at vbulletin.org)

tkx, bye

PS. Oh, and btw, who the fuck is that junk 'WYZR'?

Last edited:
Dear Colandus :)

I was talking about his (erp0ts) post. In fact about editing your post with other information or indeed a new link, if needed. Of course it's a good way to re-attache a virus, yet it's the duty of the Moderators to check so. My suggestion still remains, that the assigned Moderator should get a private message, as soon as someone edited it. Then he needs to approve the edit and then it'd be edited and not before.

This is the most secure way and still more usefull than it is now :)

yeh :D but u still hunted...

There're more assigned moderators + global moderators, so I guess it won't be a pm, but via quick moderation on the portal.

The question is just whether they'd take care of their duty or not, you know. Well just anything that'd let all Moderators know, that a fellow member has edited his post in the download section.

Anything in that direction fits of course ;)

yeh :D but u still hunted...

No u.

Signed. It's FUCKING ANNOYING that some guys are writing five posts in line. It's better to add something like permission to post in downloads board, like you need permission of one or two mods to post files there, so there won't be any flood of sucky rl map servers or "my efoljutionz etitet baj mi and maj skul frjend rili". And then it will be easy to moderate those few people, like one posted scan and found something > report to mod > ban this h4x0r retard.

Affzor :/

Signed. It's FUCKING ANNOYING that some guys are writing five posts in line. It's better to add something like permission to post in downloads board, like you need permission of one or two mods to post files there, so there won't be any flood of sucky rl map servers or "my efoljutionz etitet baj mi and maj skul frjend rili". And then it will be easy to moderate those few people, like one posted scan and found something > report to mod > ban this h4x0r retard.

Affzor :/

Good point you got there.

How about a 'verifield download section' and an 'unverifield download section'?
Of course it'd take a little more space, but then it'd be really usefull! Posts in the verifield section would be strictly sorted and everything goes smooth there. In the unverifield part, they could just post anything they want and you just have to inform them, that they download on their own risk.

This only affects the Download forum so scripters are not really affected by this because they should post their scripts in the Lua/XML forum.

Please understand that we don't allow users to edit their posts after that we've approved them because they can change the link to infected software.

If you want your post in the Downloads forum edited, either report your own post or send a private message to a moderator and tell us what to change in your post.

Good point you got there.

How about a 'verifield download section' and an 'unverifield download section'?
Of course it'd take a little more space, but then it'd be really usefull! Posts in the verifield section would be strictly sorted and everything goes smooth there. In the unverifield part, they could just post anything they want and you just have to inform them, that they download on their own risk.

I guess that'd be a good idea, but if we did that, then the dark side would just complain that we're "copying them" again. :rolleyes:

Gotta agree with Elf... To many Global moderators, doing nothing... The global mods that I can notice (mostly) is Empty, Xenios and Snel puppie. (Possibly Guadostar to)

+ (no offense or anything) I don't really think that gring0 deserved that Global mod postition. If a moderator was to be promoted and if there would be like a vote for it, I'd say that Znote deserves it the most

Last edited:
This only affects the Download forum so scripters are not really affected by this because they should post their scripts in the Lua/XML forum.

Please understand that we don't allow users to edit their posts after that we've approved them because they can change the link to infected software.

If you want your post in the Downloads forum edited, either report your own post or send a private message to a moderator and tell us what to change in your post.

Oh, thats why. I got a bit disappointed that it was disabled but now I know why.

My suggestion was to only remove the edit function on the first post. This could be done with some edit I guess.

My suggestion was to only remove the edit function on the first post. This could be done with some edit I guess.

I had the same idea but sometimes the post gets to big and the one who makes the post makes a following threadpost. If the link is there he can then change it.

To make it more complicated, just make it so the person that started the thread can't edit any posts in the thread that he posted.

I hope you understand.

I had the same idea but sometimes the post gets to big and the one who makes the post makes a following threadpost. If the link is there he can then change it.

To make it more complicated, just make it so the person that started the thread can't edit any posts in the thread that he posted.

I hope you understand.

Yeah thats a good idea.

One thing i agree on kick at least 6 of those global mods, they doesn't delete a shit o,o

One thing i agree on kick at least 6 of those global mods, they doesn't delete a shit o,o

As long as they are trustworthy, and does something, its better to let they have their position than not?

atm im a bit inactive, but i'll scan the whole forum this weekend :p.

I mostly notice Empty and Xenios...

Snel pUpie only eat candy :S And I notice Jester yesterday when he agree I am negative but he never see me :mad:

Solution:
Kick the inactive global mods and promote me to Global Mod... smart eh?!

Colandus, I haven't agreed that you are negative or not. There was a few people complaining about you, and what I said it was to ignore you if they think you are negative.

I couldn't be active for some while, but I always advised into a private Staff Board. And tbh, when people report posts, you can't tell me that I don't do my job, because you don't know who moderated the reported post.

And about Elf, you can't edit your posts in the download board, for the reason Talaturen mentioned above. There is no reason to insult the rest.

You are the one who less should talk about kicking moderators. Yourself have done a lot of shit in Otland and you got a lot of chances, so if I would be you I would keep my mouth closed.

I sooooo agree with you. The moderators should start doing something, atleast give they're positions to some that really can do that work.

They do well, but I think there are too little mods.

I sooooo agree with you. The moderators should start doing something, atleast give they're positions to some that really can do that work.
Saj, no offence, But what do you know about moderators job?
You can't see deleted post. And less reported posts board. Each mod that process a rule violation closes his thread after it, and you don't know who processed a report. :huh:
How do you know for example that Im not doing anything?

Ai, ai ai ai ai....

I think the downloads section, should be moderate.
New topics will be initiated until approved by moderate administrators or moderators.

If this is not vBulletin MOD, installs POW!
I used IPB for several years and still use, have worked as Coodernador Support of IPS, and other product support forums, and in these situations Topics moderate use with approval of the Mod's and Admin's.​

Ai, ai ai ai ai....

I think the downloads section, should be moderate.
New topics will be initiated until approved by moderate administrators or moderators.

If this is not vBulletin MOD, installs POW!
I used IPB for several years and still use, have worked as Coodernador Support of IPS, and other product support forums, and in these situations Topics moderate use with approval of the Mod's and Admin's.​

We already moderate all threads created in the downloads-section, even before you guys can even see the threads. The threads created after 12th January or something like that have all been scanned by a moderator and approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back