• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Download section

Status
Not open for further replies.

elf

Sing, sing blue silver
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
tayandenga
Twitch
tayandenga
Well, I won't hide any word, so if you're religious, get away.
If this thread gets deleted as some of my harrasive posts, I'll make it again, so mind clicking 'DELETE'. Also, I prefer an INFRACTION than hidden voice, because I care about this forum.

I am strongly embarassed by the 'NO EDIT' action. Its impossible to work at forum without EDIT option for scripters, people who modify their threads, etc. Honestly, move your fucking asses!
Do what you should instead of organizing unjudged map competitions, changing names, spamming around and dumping on the hard work to easiest way. For what the HECK this forum has 1, 2, 3... 11 GLOBAL MODERATORS where even half isn't doing anything? Everything you do could be handled easily by 2-3 _GOOD_ global moderators. Rather than making terrible hit and hard life for at least 50-200 users you should leave your positions and let someone who will do the job. Fill out your moderator positions, because with 2, yeah, none will handle since globals are only sitting farting around.

Remove this stupid lock and move your damn asses or add a per-forum-limit of editing own post (basicaly its impossible at this moment I think, but if Talaturen would want he should surely find few modifications at vbulletin.org)

tkx, bye

PS. Oh, and btw, who the fuck is that junk 'WYZR'?

Last edited:
This only affects the Download forum so scripters are not really affected by this because they should post their scripts in the Lua/XML forum.

Please understand that we don't allow users to edit their posts after that we've approved them because they can change the link to infected software.

If you want your post in the Downloads forum edited, either report your own post or send a private message to a moderator and tell us what to change in your post.
Then its moderators job to check didn't anyone fake links later, not fuck up life of fair users!
Look, if someone posts a software, then he just want to change first post content like adding some changelog content he forgot, what he should do? Request thread deletion? Rofl, it will take ages before any global mod will do anything! If they cannot handle download section, they can handle 3289473289432 posts editing? I am more than sure that they won't edit more than 10% requested posts.,.
And about Elf, you can't edit your posts in the download board, for the reason Talaturen mentioned above. There is no reason to insult the rest.
Complaint isn't only about download section, but well, face it, its affected due to lazyness of otland staff. Talaturen could easily make some respectful option, but no, he is lazy not only to do it, but later to fix up compabilities after upgrading (well, I guess than 1 simple mod wouldn't take more than 5 minutes to fix) forum software.

How about making so that people with less than a certain amount of posts are not able to even publish anything inside the downloads section. This would seriously decrease the amount of hackers with more than 50%.

Then its moderators job to check didn't anyone fake links later, not fuck up life of fair users!
Look, if someone posts a software, then he just want to change first post content like adding some changelog content he forgot, what he should do? Request thread deletion? Rofl, it will take ages before any global mod will do anything! If they cannot handle download section, they can handle 3289473289432 posts editing? I am more than sure that they won't edit more than 10% requested posts.,.

First of all you don't know that. And second reported posts always get moderated as far I'm a mod. As long you won't tell us to edit the post we can not know, in fact the reported posts forum is quite calm these days.

@Macroman: Yes, remove their ability to make threads in the Download section.

Its a good idea in my eyes. But I don't know if its easy to set up such system so easily.

Of course its easy, but if Talaturen doesn't want to setup single modification, then what about group, that will need often members assignment, when I had to beg few months for TFS Devs group...

Of course its easy, but if Talaturen doesn't want to setup single modification, then what about group, that will need often members assignment, when I had to beg few months for TFS Devs group...

It is very easy, and it's already built-in so that global moderators\admins can assign a group to a member easily. Also you can make so that when a member reaches a certain post amount they get assigned to a group, just like junior member -> Senior member.

Since some people have no idea what they are talking about at all (especially repiK who shouldn't mention the word lazy at all) I'm closing this thread. This doesn't mean that I'm going to ignore the thread, I will still try to find a good solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back