• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mapper DUP needs to get back on track!

Waz

Banned User
Reaction score
@Henrik; I closed my other thread and this is separate from my DUP 'fun' server. If you close this I'm going to bite your head off.

Greetings!

If you aren't a moderator please ignore that message above and if you're a mapper you've come to the right place. Looking for a project that is going all the way? A project where several mappers can map without having to wait for others? A project that will be hosted with a dedicated server and be a huge detailed map with plenty of spawns, challenging quests and incredible storylines? Then DUP is the project for you. So far our project is just a project for mapping though it will of course expand once we get somewhere. Our minimap is excellent thanks to my good friend Silent Reaper and it should support about 20-30MB of mapping at the minimum. That may be a lot but it's going to be worth it in the end! So far we have a couple mappers, only 3 that are active. Unfortunately the others have been fired though they can re-apply in this thread if they are still interested. Your mapping needs to be excellent for this project and please don't be a mapper with 'black squares and void' in the middle of the land. You need to be detailed and talented like most decent mappers around here.

DUP uses a similar transfer thread to Open Map Project (credits to Saerik) although it's in a private section here at ******. If you wish to find it go into Hosted OtServ Forums -> WickedRPG -> Private (password protected!). All people who help will not be granted a Gamemaster position unless they work relatively hard and are willing to dedicate themselves to the in-game position. Otherwise you'll receive another type of position that is still being debated. Hopefully someone is interested in this project and if you need more information feel free to contact me via PM or MSN (you can find it in my profile). So far our map is at 2MB.

Below I'll list the current members of our team:

* Athen: Team leader, mapper, small scripter, distro work.
* Mackan: Co-leader, mapper.
* Seabitz: Mapper.

All these members are valued equally and have helped a great bit. Everyone else has been removed from the list for not mapping within 3 weeks (exception to MNE, since he was on vacation but I've heard rumors about him and he hasn't been online so he'll have to re-apply aswell).

If you wish to apply to our team you have to agree to our terms & conditions, read below:

1. The map of DUP is never to go outside of the private section. You are not aloud to send to your friends or release to anyone else not in the team roster list.
  2. You will be trusted with this map, if you fail to contribute you may be fired and you cannot complain saying you mapped a lot if you didn't.
  3. You are to respect other mappers and not give comments such as 'Fuck you, your mapping sucks', 'Your horrible!! I could do better'.
  4. Positive comments on the transfer thread are accepted, otherwise post it in the main section of WickedRPG or in the Private area in a new thread.
  5. You need to map at least once every two days.
  6. If you're not planning to be actively mapping, don't bother applying.

Nonetheless, to finish it off you may apply with this application form. It can either be PM'd to me or you may add me on MSN and tell me the information there. The best alternative is to apply in this thread (it bumps it! Yipee!).

[noparse]
Name:
Activity (hours, days, weeks, how often can you map?)(You mustn't lie, there have been a few who have and just be honest, if you can't map often tell me now and you still could get in):
Examples (REQUIRED!):
Contact information (how to contact you?):
Extra comments:
[/noparse]

Contact information:
[email protected] - Athen's MSN
[email protected] - Mackan's MSN
Private messages can be sent to me.

The only people who have the right to accept people into this team are Mackan and myself. No one else can, although we valid other member of our team's opinions.

Without further delay, good luck applicants.

Yours truly,
Athen.

Name: Marco a.k.a. Karel
Experience with mapping: about 1 year now
Activity (hours, days, weeks, how often can you map?)(You mustn't lie, there have been a few who have and just be honest, if you can't map often tell me now and you still could get in): If I got inspiration (1 week in a month I don't) I can map at normal days about 3 hours, in the weekends max 6
Examples (REQUIRED!):
teaser1s6.jpg

teaser1s4.jpg

teaser1s1.jpg

c2.jpg

rg3.jpg

I hope this are enough screenshots
Contact information (how to contact you?): by sending me a pm so I can give you my msn/email (not giving it here)
Extra comments: I like mapping, I'm working proper in a team and I think I would do great for this project.

Name: Patrick
Experience with mapping: 2,5 years~ atm
Activity (hours, days, weeks, how often can you map?)(You mustn't lie, there have been a few who have and just be honest, if you can't map often tell me now and you still could get in):I really don't know :) I will just try to map as much as I will be able. But I think I am able to make conditions (once every 2 days minimum :p) I also doing that fast so I don't need much time to map ;)[/b]
Examples (REQUIRED!):See attached file (abt 20~ screens from my unfinished, made for fun map :p
Contact information (how to contact you?):I can send you msn with PM
Extra comments: What I should write here? x)

Last edited:
Name: Patrick
Experience with mapping: 2,5 years~ atm
Activity (hours, days, weeks, how often can you map?)(You mustn't lie, there have been a few who have and just be honest, if you can't map often tell me now and you still could get in):I really don't know :) I will just try to map as much as I will be able. But I think I am able to make conditions (once every 2 days minimum :p) I also doing that fast so I don't need much time to map ;)[/b]
Examples (REQUIRED!):See attached file (abt 20~ screens from my unfinished, made for fun map :p
Contact information (how to contact you?):I can send you msn with PM
Extra comments: What I should write here? x)

I can't see any attachments?

Back