• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

End of Open Tibia or what?

I mean, you could always limit access to your server in so far that players need a VPN to access it. But that'd be a lot of trouble to setup, because not everyone will be familar with using OpenVPN client etc.
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 40884

megatibia is also ovh.
Interesting. Well, perhaps they signed a deal with CIP?

By the way, for those who insist on opening servers that use "Global" assets, take note from Tibianic (Medivia nowadays).

If you ever played this particular server before it went full-custom, you would have noticed that Ironyt wisely never, ever used screenshots of the game (which at the time used Cip's client and sprites) that featured any of Cip's content, or made any references to "Tibia" in the website. He did use a few sprites in the library section, but that's about it.

By the way, during it's peak a few years ago, Tibianic/Medivia had more than 1/3 of the players online at any given time when compared to global (or even more, can't quite remember), so if there was a target for Cip to try to shut down, it was them, and it never happened or never went forward.

inb4 lawsuit

Lol, should be changed to OT sprite pack indeed. And regarding that... to what extent are you allowed to use the "Tibia" name? I mean, it's the name of a body part after all (a bone in your leg).

to what extent are you allowed to use the "Tibia" name?

their trademark covers these fields:
  • 9 Computer programs (downloadable); Electronic game software; Computer game software; Computer games programs downloadable from the Internet (computer software); Video game software; Computer programs for playing games; Interactive entertainment software for use with computers.
  • 41 Entertainment; Entertainment with computer games and video games; Providing information on entertainment through computer networks; Providing interactive multi-player computer games via the Internet and electronic communication networks; Providing on-line computer games; Providing newsletters in the field of computer games via e-mail; Providing information on-line relating to computer games and computer enhancements for games; Providing interactive multi-player computer games via the Internet and electronic communication networks.
  • 42 Design and development of computer hardware and software; Designing, managing and monitoring online forums for discussion; Design of games.

Is it true? The end of rl tibia clones for bots with ripped cipsoft acc maker is near??? 😅

just change aac to znote and don't use tibia/open-tibia/cipsoft or their images taken from their layout/site

they probably have problem with your layout

remove in-game screenshots until cloudflare calms down, just in case

edit: that assuming the dmca wasn't spoofed
I think that's the most important thing. @Fortera Global you need to understand that by using their layout you are impersonating or imitating a real website, which can mislead real Tibia players.

I wonder if they would agree if we asked them for OT server licensing 😂
I was thinking about asking them and writing to them a letter (material one, not digital :p) but I'm not convinced yet.

And Zezenia? Whats is going on with Zezenia? why Cipsoft dont do it nothing with this guys

TFS is not from tibia? I meam the Engine...
I really doubt they use TFS, they were fully capable of creating a new client, new map editor and sprites, why would they still use someone else engine... and btw TFS itself does not infringe any Tibia copyright, only client stuff and "Tibia" name is copyrighted and tfs doesn't have any of it

Last edited by a moderator:
TFS and every OTS engine I saw is 100% legal. We (community) created every engine from zero and we published it under free, MIT or GNU licenses in most of cases. Also every OTS engine is not using any kind of asset from Cipsoft.

OTClient is 100% legal. Idk who created it but it's distributed as a free to use software. In this case it's exactly MIT license (free). And it's not using any asset from Cipsoft.

Even using official Tibia to connect to OTS is NOT AGAISNT Tibia Client's license. I have no idea who was the first who said that. It's maybe against local law (Germany law) which applies to everything and everyone who is in Germany territory for example.

From Cipsoft legal documents:
"We do not ensure continuous, error-free, secure or virus-free operation of the software, the game, or your account."

Using any website made for OTS isn't against law. Same as with OTS engines. We made them from zero.

Using web graphics taken from official Tibia may be against, becouse we don't know under what license thier web grapics are. So in this case you cannot use them.

Name 'Tibia' as a trademark:
The most funny thing is Tibia wasn't a trademark for years. From 2010 or 2012 (based on info they sent to you) it is a registered worldwide trademark.

What they said to you:
Your website ... is infringing on copyright-protected material. The original website ... CipSoft owns the exclusive copyrights ... The unauthorized ... copy is located at: kivera-global.net The “Open Tibia” serverKivera-global"

So what you should do:
1. remove Cipsoft's graphics from your website. You can change it to something else. Take a MS Paint and do the job.
2. if your website is using a copy-paste html/php/js/css stuff from cipsoft then you have to change it too.
3. remove name Tibia from your game. You can keep using OTS.
4. send mail to OVH or your actual hosting that you don't have stuff they said. NEVER SEND MAIL WITH "I REMOVED WHAT YOU ASKED FOR" Becouse it will be a extra proof where you agreed, you admitted that you had thier graphics. It may be a shit proof but why they should have it?

Last edited:
you use the name of a world of Cip, the site almost identical to that of Cip, reset servers like rain, that's the least the cip can do to counter these scams on players.

Technically we're using same netcode
same login messages
same packets
and same messages for look, trade, etc

but that part is not under copyright I believe

Do they have any patents btw?

Edit: they probably have that kind of "do not reverse engineer our program" point in the installer

Last edited:
and beside all the website copy thing, you are redistributing(and modified) their client...

2019-12-11 10_22_03-Window.png and btw I want to see this draptor being born 😱 the baby should be so cute

These are likely fake. I’ve seen this before.

Edit: You could wait and see if the host shuts your server down. They won’t take legal action against you. That costs a lot of money.

Tibia is the only game I know that does not have any EULA yet. The reason may be that they used some ideas/similar sprites from other games (Ultima etc.) I am not a lawyer but I think in current situation only their website and marketing images are fully clearly protected since the client itself does not come with any EULA.

If you do find this to be fake (as I suspect you will), inform them that impersonating a corporation - especially for financial gain - is illegal, and seize all further contact.

this should become default on ots
when got completed ofc

Back