• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

End of Open Tibia or what?

I really doubt they use TFS, they were fully capable of creating a new client, new map editor and sprites, why would they still use someone else engine... anad btw TFS itself does not infringe any Tibia copyright, only client stuff and "Tibia" name is copyrighted and tfs doesn't have any of it
If you do find this to be fake (as I suspect you will), inform them that impersonating a corporation - especially for financial gain - is illegal, and seize all further contact.

My guess is that OVH will suspend the server regardless, since they believe it is a rightful claim and no DMCA counter notice has been issued by Fortera yet?! Don't be mistaken, rightfully or not. OVH and many other hosts will stick to those deadlines.

Any updates OP? What ended up happening?

no doubt change layout that's all. still waiting for happy end what's gonna be next haha

My version of otclient hit 6.5k unique users in december, most of them were highly satisfied, feel free to use it for free - OTCv8/otclientv8 (https://github.com/OTCv8/otclientv8)
Nice "free" client. Though you forget to mention the mega-high prices for people who want to add their own customizations to it. Starting at 5000$ for the source files, which also limits making some of the functions you also charge for, like optimization for tfs.

No "Hobby developer" could ever afford your prizing, this is just shameless advertising.

If you really cared for the community you'd help optimizing the open-source OTC. I'm not saying you should do all of the things you have in your own files, but at least some of them.

Nice "free" client. Though you forget to mention the mega-high prices for people who want to add their own customizations to it. Starting at 5000$ for the source files, which also limits making some of the functions you also charge for, like optimization for tfs.

No "Hobby developer" could ever afford your prizing, this is just shameless advertising.

If you really cared for the community you'd help optimizing the open-source OTC. I'm not saying you should do all of the things you have in your own files, but at least some of them.

kinda agree to this, i got custom modifications myself outside of auto updater/encryption. I am not able to provide people the 'awesome' version of otc because of source restrictions. or i have to reroll some improvements..

i hope to buy it someday if the funds are there...

but for the majority this ain't a option. or even a profiting choice.

Kondra's free client is perfect for all those who "just" want or need a replacement for the real tibia client.
I personally don't see advocating its use as "shameless advertising". It's existence and continued development is good for the community.
Suggesting it be used in this thread was/is appropriate to the topic.

Yes it would be nice if it was free and open source, but it isn't, and that is okay.

I didn't say that project should be free and open source, just that he could release some of the optimizations he had made into the OTC which desperately needs them.
All his extra functions and features are of course no problem if he's charging for.

Also, suggesting it to be used is not on-topic, the topic is mainly about website infringement 🤔

Open Tibia Sprite Pack

Hahaha. I can't believe this little game is still going on.

Back in the day I hoped Cip would come after a server I was involved in. Because I would counterclaim without hesitation. The idea of it made me as giddy as a Norman shark on June 6, 1944. If you're curious why I feel that way, take a step back literally a decade to see my unwavering principle in this matter. And be sure to really take it in. Because I have not forgotten.

Then if you're curious, examine the heritage.

And my advice is the same as it was back then.
The web interface to your OpenUltima clone should not look like Cip's Tibia account manager. 😈
And it definitely shouldn't use any of that ugly artwork. It's a needless liability.
Suggest the use of YATC with a free spirtes package, and don't provide info on ipchangers...

Not my fault the end user decided to use thier client. They (Cip) can fsck off.

Even better, label your server as a Ultima clone and give praise to Origin as the grandfathers of the style..

Hahaha. I can't believe this little game is still going on.

Back in the day I hoped Cip would come after a server I was involved in. Because I would counterclaim without hesitation. The idea of it made me as giddy as a Norman shark on June 6, 1944. If you're curious why I feel that way, take a step back literally a decade to see my unwavering principle in this matter. And be sure to really take it in. Because I have not forgotten.

Then if you're curious, examine the heritage.

And my advice is the same as it was back then.
The web interface to your OpenUltima clone should not look like Cip's Tibia account manager. 😈
And it definitely shouldn't use any of that ugly artwork. It's a needless liability.
you just gave me an idea lmao
my OT is going to be a 1:1 clone of ultima lol

Now that's a project I would love to be involved in. Because that's literally what brought me to OTs in the first place. That very concept.

1584194309397.png

Back