• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

End of Open Tibia or what?

Fortera Global

Intermediate OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Since a few days ago, CipSoft (cipsoft or some desesperated adm) has been stalking me, reporting my contents (web/game) to the DMCA copyright infringement.
I've changed hosts about x3 times and now I decided to camouflage the IP, they insist, now they reported to Cloudflare for me to remove the site/game.

The contact is true (it really is from cipsoft, I just won't write their real email here).

OVH:
"Below please find a notice of copyright infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) identifying an allegedly infringing work located on your servers. Please remove the copyrighted work within forty-hour (48) hours of receipt of this notice. Following removal, please reply to this email with a statement saying the work has been removed. Failure to remove the work in response to this notice may result in immediate suspension or termination of your account. This notice counts as a strike under OVH US’s repeat infringer policy. If a user of your site, rather than you, is responsible for the infringing material, please remove the material and note that fact in your response and OVH US will provide you with information regarding how you may remove this strike from your account."

CIP:
"My name is Valerie Kloss, I am working for the company CipSoft GmbH, an online game developer from
Germany. Our Contact information is: CipSoft GmbH Prüfeninger Straße 20 93049 Regensburg Germany Company Website: www.cipsoft.com <CipSoft - Infinite Entertainment (http://www.cipsoft.com)> CipSoft GmbH is the operator and owner of all rights in and associated
with the multiplayer online role-playing game „Tibia“ (Tibia - Free Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (https://www.tibia.com), see also
Tibia - Free Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (https://www.tibia.com/news/?subtopic=latestnews)). Both “CipSoft” and “Tibia” are registered trademarks: CipSoft's filing number is 011155033 on the basis of EUTM, see
https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/011155033 Tibia's filing number is 009075375 on the basis of EUTM, see
https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/009075375 Your website or a website that your company hosts is infringing on
copyright-protected material. The original website and original work to
which CipSoft owns the exclusive copyrights, is located at: Tibia - Free Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (https://www.tibia.com) <Tibia - Free Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (https://www.tibia.com/)> Tibia - Free Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (https://www.tibia.com/news/?subtopic=latestnews) The unauthorized and infringing copy is located at:
https://kivera-global.net The “Open Tibia” serverKivera-global
" etc ...

I claimed their information was false, I claimed the game was created from scratch and:

OVH:
"Thank you for your prompt response.
We have a good faith belief that the DMCA notification forwarded to your attention is legitimate. If you believe that this takedown request is erroneous or fraudulent, you may submit a DMCA counter-notice pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(g)(3). More information regarding the content needed in a counter-notice, please see OVHcloud DMCA Policy. If we do not receive a counter-notice in the next forty-eight (48) hours, we will suspend you account until such counter-notice is received or confirmation is received that all allegedly infringing content has been removed. We note that the reporter has alleged the entirety of kivera-global website/game is an infringement of CipSoft GmbH intellectual property rights not just the few examples provided in the forwarded notice.
Please be advised that OVHcloud does not act as the adjudicator in any intellectual property disputes. Our discretion is limited to determining whether notices and counter-notices meet the minimum requirements of the DMCA.
As with all legal matters, it is always best to consult with a professional about your specific questions or situation. We strongly encourage you to do so before taking any action that might impact your rights. Our response does not constitute legal advice and shouldn't be taken as such.
Regards,
DMCA Agent
"

I have been working with otserver for over 6 years, this is the first time I have faced this kind of problem, and even trying to dodge it, they keep stalking me lol

What do you think will happen? It's been hard to dodge them but I'll keep trying 😅 and the next might be you. Give your opinion :)

Last edited:
The truth is that the best days of Tibia are past. It's getting harder to find new players, maybe they are trying more? :d

its just other server owners getting desperate after all theirs servers got banned from otservlist

Last edited:
just change aac to znote and don't use tibia/open-tibia/cipsoft or their images taken from their layout/site

they probably have problem with your layout

remove in-game screenshots until cloudflare calms down, just in case

edit: that assuming the dmca wasn't spoofed

Last edited:
But the email that reported to OVH and cloudflare really is from CipSoft, some_example@tibia.com
you better check if its not spoofed, because you can easily make a fake email with changed "from who"

emails are easily spoofed
Post automatically merged:

Ag8zxIS.png

so that they trust these mails, just because it comes from tibia.com is really weird

I remember like 10 years ago a player faked email from otservlist.org and made me give donations to him lol

I didn't know we could fake email that way. So it may be some desperate administrator really. It's a case to think about, hm.

I didn't know we could fake email that way. So it may be some desperate administrator really. It's a case to think about, hm.
check the source of an email, so you can confirm it if it's real or fake

I doubt it's a real email, it could be but it seems weird that there's nothing that identifies that the employee is actually working for cipsoft, he just sent them tons of links with public available information, and is trying really hard to convince them he's an actual employee.
Anyways changing your layout is probably be a good step for the hosting companies to not shut you down as easily and trust you more, since right now they just visit tibia.com and see it's almost identical to yours.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a real mail. I opened your link to accmaker - the first thing I see is a template stolen from Tibia and 450+ players online. You use the hard work of CipSoft, not to mention their sprites. I hope you at least use OTClient, not theirs. 😦

They released some announcement a year ago that basically says if you don't sign a license with CipSoft to use their material and share your revenue/report it to them, they will take legal action and force your server to be closed down (it happened with Rohan's servers IIRC). It's more than likely to actually be CipSoft than some random jealous other OT server trying to close you down. They seem to be doing it more often to RL Tibia servers than custom ones, probably because you're using their official website layout and materials.

Change your website anyway even if the email is fake or not, because as long you have revealed this new kind of "strategy" to pull down servers, there will be more people faking emails to ovh to take any kind of otserver

Change your website anyway even if the email is fake or not, because as long you have revealed this new kind of "strategy" to pull down servers, there will be more people faking emails to ovh to take any kind of otserver

I should find some new compatible layout then

if you don't sign a license with CipSoft to use their material and share your revenue/report it to them, they will take legal action

I wonder if they would agree if we asked them for OT server licensing 😂

I will dont change anything, lets see what happens.
I can host in another hosting service too, no problem.
I will update here my case :p

At the time shadowcores was online, many sent some screens with email sent to shadow, too. And then updates were stopped and the server closed. At the time I was top1 on otservlist and global, I didn't have a server if I wanted to hit head on with them. I think it's true. Just do not know how, the aurera deviates from this type or the mega.

At the time shadowcores was online, many sent some screens with email sent to shadow, too. And then updates were stopped and the server closed. At the time I was top1 on otservlist and global, I didn't have a server if I wanted to hit head on with them. I think it's true. Just do not know how, the aurera deviates from this type or the mega.
Megatibia is in Brasil. They probably are far more difficult to reach than EU country like France (OVH), or OVH US.

Back