• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Entering Mapping World

Ramirow

Veteran OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
YouTube
ramirogrant
Hello Otlanders! I've started mapping for the very first time, after being in shadows for a lot of years just looking amazing mappers in this forum..I've started with underwater, I know it's not much, I will be posting more map screenshots, in-game later on!

29ne907.png

I don't know if I should use this kind of idea in an underwater map, I would like to hear some feedback before I proceed with the map.

Any criticism is welcome, thanks to all.

looks cool. Maybe add some stones , and what blez said :)

OMG FUCKING LAME NOOB GTFO

Nah I like it, especially if it's your first time. I'd remove the stone borders and use the other stone borders (those you get when autobordering a mountain). Also, I'd remove the open spot that's supposed to be an abyss or something, but it'd be cooler to place ground or lava, like it's someknid of underwater volcano (yes, they do excist)
onderzeesevulkaan.jpg

+1 on what Blez said. On top of that you could have some of it just be the autoborder that Rik is talking about. With ocean floor my editor doesn't actually autoborder, but I believe the IDs he's talking about are 891-902. An occasional tradoff between 891-902 and what you have, occasionally underlain by the border Blez speaks of (I believe 7079-7090), might look pretty slick.

+1 on what Blez said. On top of that you could have some of it just be the autoborder that Rik is talking about. With ocean floor my editor doesn't actually autoborder, but I believe the IDs he's talking about are 891-902. An occasional tradoff between 891-902 and what you have, occasionally underlain by the border Blez speaks of (I believe 7079-7090), might look pretty slick.

Yea I meant those, cba to open up RME and search it up

I don't really get what border you guys are talking about, it is the old mountain one? Anyways I ended up using the frozen mud border in some places as Blez said, about the old mountain border (If it was it), I didn't find a way to make it fit together with the rest :/ I know I have to detail a lot of things, also replaced the abyss with the idea of an underwater volcano, so cool! Btw, thanks for the feedback given, I'll try to improve and every zone I finish will be posted in the maps download section as a way to say thanks to all of you for helping me out!

2wp02go.png

264qeth.png

Oh! So those were! Thank you for the tips guys, I tend to do things with patience, that's why It takes me a lot of time to finish a map, my brother is helping me out..Here it is the shore thing I'm experimenting on. We've named them Abyssal Shores (Yeah!)

n6yvtk.png

Last edited:
Oh! So those were! Thank you for the tips guys, I tend to do things with patience, that's why It takes me a lot of time to finish a map..Here it is the shore thing I'm experimenting on. I've named them Abyssal Shores (Yeah!)

n6yvtk.png

Mweh, the grass lacks detail - grass tufs, trees, bushes etc.. The shore looks alright, but a bit autobordered. Also, I'd remove like 75% of the trees and add small stones instead and remove the lilies. Also, I'd remove the frozen mud-isle or atleast remove the frozen mud as it doesn't really fit.

Keep in mind that if this truly is your first map, it's awesome as fuck.

:O i know it lack details xD im surprised about the autoborder thing, actually, i used it only to do sand-water bordering, i might remake it then, i tought it looked alright. I wanted to make the coast surrounded by those kind of "Rocks" so it's like, really hard to sail there :x But I see your point, I will improve this lil thing I have here. Technically, it is the second, the first was underwater volcano xD

Here are some more pictures of this kinda coast I'm doing, I hope you guys like it, as before, any criticism is welcomed!

2n0rm3c.png

Landing in the Abyssal Shores is not something a newbie sailor should try...

2u969uv.png

What could possibly lie in the heart of this misterious island?

First looks like garbage done by a first timer ;c
second as @Rick123 said looks stunning

Back