• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Error LNK1104 cannot open file

whitevo

Feeling good, thats what I do.
Solutions
Reaction score
Error LNK1104 cannot open file 'libboost_system-vc140-mt-1_63.lib' theforgottenserver C:\Users\whitevo\Desktop\forgottenserver-master\vc14\LINK 1

Here are all the files I executed and downloaded before I started compiling
2rc8kyh.jpg

29m0x80.jpg

And this is the error i get when i try to build the solution. Same error for both win32 and x64

I moved the boost folder to c:/local and got past that error
now my new error is:
Error C1083 Cannot open include file: 'boost/asio.hpp': No such file or directory
theforgottenserver c:\users\whitevo\desktop\forgottenserver-master\src\otpch.h 42

I dowload boost_asio_1_10_6.rar file and moved that to local too
I followed the readme intrsuctions and copied the folders to from the boost asio to boost_1_63_0 folder
I ran the bjam application (it was not in the lib folder through it was in the main folder of boost)

I moved the boost folder to c:/local and got past that error
now my new error is:
Error C1083 Cannot open include file: 'boost/asio.hpp': No such file or directory
theforgottenserver c:\users\whitevo\desktop\forgottenserver-master\src\otpch.h 42

I dowload boost_asio_1_10_6.rar file and moved that to local too
I followed the readme intrsuctions and copied the folders to from the boost asio to boost_1_63_0 folder
I ran the bjam application (it was not in the lib folder through it was in the main folder of boost)
try leftclick on forgottenserver(in solution explorer) Properties → Linker → General → Additional Library Directories. Enter boost Directorie
i already had this error, but i can not remember if that was how i solved it

same error.

Isnt there any .exe version which install the asio.hpp file like there is for the other boost versions?

i dont find any exe for the boost what includes asio.hpp
you dont need exe for link, asio on folder boost_x_x_x/boost

Properties →C++ → Additional Include Directories. Enter boost Directorie
and
Properties → Linker → General → Additional Library Directories
. Enter boost Directorie

i already had this error, but i can not remember if that was how i solved it

The "Error LNK1104 cannot open file" :::

Make sure that the platform you are using is the same as this file. e.g. Don't use boost 64x with platform 86x.

You should install boost in C:/ (or any other folder without spaces)
And the SDK should also be inside C:/ (same reason)

Also when you open the CMD register files you should run them as admin.

The "Error LNK1104 cannot open file" :::

Make sure that the platform you are using is the same as this file. e.g. Don't use boost 64x with platform 86x.
i always try build for both versions

You should install boost in C:/ (or any other folder without spaces)
And the SDK should also be inside C:/ (same reason)
Alright I will reinstall everything now and make sure everything gets on that local folder

Also when you open the CMD register files you should run them as admin.
ok will do that on the new go

Going to do these tomorrow

Back