• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Establishing Database connection....

Fitch

Reaction score
Good evening Everyone,

Bare with me as I have not been involved for nearly a decade, however, I remember a few things here and there but it seems like things have changed a bit since I used to host my own server.

I am trying to get a server up and running and have went through the "steps" on OTLand - Setting up your first server (https://docs.otland.net/ots-guide/running-your-first-ot-server/setting-up-your-first-server) - to a T. However, I can't even get TFS to establish a connection.. (Gyazo (https://gyazo.com/407a87a5a0d69a10f4bd5e7517a774ff)). What am I missing? Is there someone kind enough to help an old player out?

Thank you!

You are missing mysql server (xampp or uniform server) and db itself

Solution
TL;DR "I'm not sure what DB is though?"

So, I went through the Uniform Serv and did the whole "

Now you can start Apache and MySQL by just clicking the buttons on the new window that will appear. Two webs will pop up, you may close them. It's time to open "phpMyAdmin" by clicking on the button. A new window should pop up in your default browser.

The website you're looking (phpMyAdmin) will allow you to modify the information in MySQL easily. First things first, we are going to create our databse and import our schema from TFS:

1. On the left sidebar, click "New".
  2. Select your database name and click "Create".
  3. Your database should be created now and selected.
  4. At the top, click the "Import" button.
  5. Click "Choose File" next to "Browse your computer" and locate the "schema.sql" file from TFS sources.
  6. Scroll down and click "Go".
"

At that point it says load up your TFS.. I've changed my IP within config.lua and set the server to my uniform server name as well. Then the whole "mysqluser/pass/database".

I'm not sure what DB is though? - edit.
Thanks,
Post automatically merged:

Still need help - didn't mean to click "best answer" yet.

Last edited:
Db literally means database with imported schema.sql. Which then you put in your config.lua for server to use. You need to create new database via phpmyadmin and put credentials in your config.lua, user is root, pass is by default empty, but in uniform server it forces you to set one so use it, name is your created database in phymyadmin

So I am at the current - ZNote AAC website and I can get the website to load - however, I am stuck at the " The second step tells you to run the given SQL queries in your database via phpMyAdmin. ".
What SQL query should be run? It doesn't show in the instructions on what the queries are that should be run through the database.

Thanks again for the support.

Last edited:
You should have a file called schema.sql, you can copy and paste the content or import the file iteslf

Are you referencing the ZNoteAAC schema? If so, it gives me a string of errors
"
dot.gif
Warning: #1681 Integer display width is deprecated and will be removed in a future release.
dot.gif
Note: #1050 Table 'znote' already exists
"

I've also tried the schema from the TFS and I get this error Gyazo (https://gyazo.com/b59286d57854f61469eab2a44b9bbb84).

To be clear - when I click "new account" it does nothing. None of the links progress any further. I click on the url and it doesn't change the webpage.

Back