• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Event Suggestions

Kiman

Reality OT Staff
Reaction score
Hi my fellow OTLanders!

I've totally run out of ideas for events on my server, my scripter can almost handle anything. So advanced events will be appreciated.
What I want from you are ideas of events that players get addicted of.

Will appreciate this alot

hmm.. NPC which sells Lottery Tickets for 10K, 100K, 1000K

When you right click on these tickets OFC not in a battle wont work
( I mean the X which forbidds u to log off xD)

you get to a room, if you paid 10K you will come to a room with 15 Boxes with different items in them (From 10CC to 1 serpent sword) "So you dont get anything TOO bad"

--Only opening one box works then you will get kicked!!

if you pay 100K and use the ticket u come to another room with 10 BOXES (easier to get good items ofc.)
(2-3 boxes with good items,3-4 with OK items and rest with items worth 2-3k)

if u pay 1000K u come to another room having 5 Boxes 2-3 boxes with good items in like 2-3 demon armors in one box or something XD u decide what items there should be ofc)

Ofc only coming on some event or something or people can get rich here I think
Sorry wrote this in a hury if you dont understand PM me and Ill explain better :p

Well, an extended idea of the lottery system would be to let players buy a lottery ticket, then select 8 or more numbers.
Once they have paid, the amount they paid is added into a huge pile, which increments every time someone buys a ticket.

Once the numbers are drawn (Once a week?) the winners gets to split that huge pile of money.
If you have all numbers correct you win 100% of the pile, if you have less, you get a smaller percentage.
Code:
1 - 2 correct numbers - You get your paid amount back.
3 - 5%
4 - 10%
5 - 25%
6 - 50%
7 - 75%
8 - 100%

(Or something like this)

If nobody wins, the pile keeps incrementing as weeks pass, so that once someone do win, they get an insane amount of money, just like a real lottery.

And best of all, the money doesn't come out of thin air like if a GM would have created it, it comes from other players. Thus it doesn't create an economic imbalance.

Well, an extended idea of the lottery system would be to let players buy a lottery ticket, then select 8 or more numbers.
Once they have paid, the amount they paid is added into a huge pile, which increments every time someone buys a ticket.

Once the numbers are drawn (Once a week?) the winners gets to split that huge pile of money.
If you have all numbers correct you win 100% of the pile, if you have less, you get a smaller percentage.
Code:
1 - 2 correct numbers - You get your paid amount back.
3 - 5%
4 - 10%
5 - 25%
6 - 50%
7 - 75%
8 - 100%

(Or something like this)

If nobody wins, the pile keeps incrementing as weeks pass, so that once someone do win, they get an insane amount of money, just like a real lottery.

And best of all, the money doesn't come out of thin air like if a GM would have created it, it comes from other players. Thus it doesn't create an economic imbalance.

Yes I liked that :D nice man XD

What kind of server is it?

It's a custom server i'm working on, the main objective is to have great unseen events

@Rest

Great ideas, keep em coming. Going to tell my scripter to start scripting asap :) +rep for you.

I'm planning to make an elite monster system, like in WoW. This required some C++ editing, My idea is to have monsters randomly spawn all over the map, and they have skulls for example, Yellow skull = Elite monster and White skull = Semi-elite, the monsters will ofcourse be more difficult to kill and they have higher chance to drop good loot.

You think this sounds good ? :)

Hmm , heard of ferumbras long time ago? when he was controlled by a CIP member, you can do the same xD '

Make a raid when a boss is controlled by a staff member xD Kinda fun and simple to do I think

^ Up! I did that a looong time ago in 7.1, when witches were overpowered, a staff member controlled it.

Back