• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What makes you check out the newly created OTS server?

PuszekLDZ

https://tibia74.eu
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
What is the golden mean to interest you as players so that you pay attention to the new OTS? What are you paying attention to?

I've been around for some time now, since the XML era, and I've been creating and playing on OTS.

Recently, I also started delving into compiling and changing according to my requirements. True, I don't write new lines of code because I'm not a programmer, but I try to implement what can be found here and develop and refine my ideas when introducing them.

Some people know that I have already tried to start with some of my OTS.
I'm most proud of the last edition of 7.72 - I had some regular players and it was a really great time. Unfortunately, family matters complicated my ability to deal with it and after over a year, the server unfortunately went down. It stood for over a year - without errors, bugs, rollbacks, etc.

Now I'm starting with a new idea that I haven't been able to implement completely as I wanted so far, i.e. downgrading to version 7.4
Yes... there are many of them, so the question for you is - what exactly makes you interested in something and not in another?

The second thing is that we are actually like dinosaurs... most of us are already at level 30-40 :D and we don't have time to jump from distribution to distribution like we used to..

what makes people join is one thing, other thing is what makes people keep playing and that is for sure some kind of proof that project will run for a long time, make people feel like investing time playing on your OT is worth a while

what makes people join is one thing, other thing is what makes people keep playing and that is for sure some kind of proof that project will run for a long time, make people feel like investing time playing on your OT is worth a while
thats true and I understand that part, but how to make people feel that they time is worth, when they wont even enter server :) thats all about...
I saw some ots earlier - that have a really good content to play, but after one month of "0 players online" they just were deleted..

thats true and I understand that part, but how to make people feel that they time is worth, when they wont even enter server :) thats all about...
I saw some ots earlier - that have a really good content to play, but after one month of "0 players online" they just were deleted..
I can think of few things how to make people feel like OT you are creating is a long run project, first that comes to my mind is good website started months before start with countdown and some cool graphics, some youtube showdown of map/features that you introduce, effort to make it is already more than some OTs around show but that is something you would probably need some help

also to start an OT and find your target I think you shouldn't try to compete with retail OTS and its systems, people don't want to play clone of popular OT when they can just wait for next edition so maybe try doing something against the trend to stand out?

I think you also shouldn't look to monetize OT straight away and offer item shop before even somebody enters the server

overall it would be best to first sort out gameplay, when the OT is smooth and feel nice to play some people will ignore the emptiness

i dont know much about hosting OTs but thats what I feel like based on my player experience

I think that constant care for people, updates and a good atmosphere on the part of the Administration have a great impact on the durability of the servers.

Back