• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

EvoSoft's Mapping Diary

EvoSoft

Is Da Mapper
Reaction score
Welcome to my latest Mapping works!
Well, what are we waiting for?
Just outside the city, I found some large strange one-eyed giants
cycexample.jpg

I went down a hole in the mountain and found more of thoose strange creatures.
cycexample2.jpg

Stay tuned for next Screenshot in
EvoSoft's Mapping Diary

Pictures will be uploaded through: ImageShack

pretty cool idea, tho the mapping is not that great.. average :) keep practicinhg

Says tha n00b of mapping? :S

More ss will come tomorrow, I'm to tierd to work at the moment.
If I even try, it will become a failure :p

Lol, don't call Paulo a n00b!!!!!!

He is the best mapper of the 21th century!!!

--But talking seriously, there are some auto-borders, and I could not diggest some of the screenshots

Maybe a little overspammed with nature, the swamp looks empty and it's way too many trees for a dragon spawn. How long would it take for a tree to burn?
Think a little logically. The ropebridges won't last either ;). But it's an improvement, keep it up!

Ohh damn, you're right :p
Well, I'll try to keep the trees down up on the mountain, since that's where the dragons will be. I don't see why there can't be trees beneeth 'em.
Allthough, what could I add to the swamp?

EDIT: I'm going to school now, so expect the next screen in about, 7 hours?
Thanks,

Better ;) I usually hate fire on stones but it's your map so you decide there. Many uses it so it should work. Could you take close screens too next time?
Then we see your mistakes and your fenomenal ideas. :D

At first I'd ike to suggest you to save your pictures as a .PNG file. .PNG has a lot higher quality than .JPG does.

I think some areas in the cave could be a bit wider so it's easier to walk and most of the time it looks a bit better as well. I would also like to recommend to remove the mountain grass patches. Only use them on mountain floors!
Same goes for the mountain cave, except for the mountain grass ofcourse:) Work a bit on your shapes and it'll look ever better!

Back