• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Faceless - Spriting, a new beginning. (First Sprite 10-03-2014)

Faceless

☼ Sprite-Artist ☼
Reaction score
Hello OTLand.

A pleasure to be among so talented people as yourselves! :)
I seek an audience to look at my sprites in the upcoming few months. I'm a very intrigued by the whole sprite-concept and wish to learn how to learn how to do it. (i should probably watch some tutorials, heh)
I would very much like to get all the critique i can get. I was told being open and showing your art for everyone to judge does not only help you being more accepting to others opinions but also a way of getting new ideas.

So starting out from today, i will be doing some of my first sprites. (probably going to be horrible)
The great thing about failing, it's part of the steps of becoming better.

Please feel free to comment if you like or dislike and why.
And thank you for taking your time. Much appriciated.

- Faceless

Slowly old ones will get deleted, and replaced by new ones.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Green Dragon bow'
HmOe23l.png

..--''Green Dragon bow''--..

u0sF7Jg.png

..--''Dredge Sword''--..

y2f4WVC.png

..--''Star Rod''--..

A6rw12q.png

..--''Druid Paw''--..

9cho3aC.png

..--''Dragonbone Sword''--..

Gvox7lo.png

..--''Green Dragon Dagger''--..

01Jgw2p.png

..--''Stone Club''--..

EGFwbnT.png

..--''Jagged Crystal Dagger''--..

bOTLv3o.png

..--''Wyvern Amulet''--..

WpWPgvB.png

..--'' Ribbon dagger''--..

haU2zC6.png

..--''Possessed Axe''--..

zzyHlKM.png

..--"Pinapple Morningstar''--..

gZZgxVc.png

-Zircot Helmet

40xVcae.png

-Zircot Armor

oDdT5kW.png

-Zircot Legs

5P9Nl1a.png

-Zircot Boots

---FISHING---

rqnNYT0.png

- Fiber Rod

P4Laav2.png

-Sapphire Bloat fish

ZVAi90k.png

-Blind Cave Monster Eel Something Something

Last edited:
Try improving the shading for all the sprites!
The outlines are pretty good and to be your first sprites your work is pretty amazing, keep it up!

Try improving the shading for all the sprites!
The outlines are pretty good and to be your first sprites your work is pretty amazing, keep it up!
Thanks! - yeah shading also seems to be the hardest one to get right. thanks for your input. I should
probably try and find some tutorial to get an idea how the process of shading goes. So far everything is just
improvisation, and hope for the best. ha!

Well I'm a novice still but I tried to shade a little bit your bear fang or claw whatever it is hope it helps:) -Attachment didn't worked so sorry for double post:/

Well I'm a novice still but I tried to shade a little bit your bear fang or claw whatever it is hope it helps:) -Attachment didn't worked so sorry for double post:/

Ahh that's a nice approuch to giving it a better shading! Would you mind if i downloaded it and took a closer look in PS? :)

Thanks man. I see you there's a bit of red into the claws aswell. I should study the coloring a bit aswell. Currently i usually pick some color-pallettes, but i can see how it works well with the shading aswell!

kvLG61.png

(C) Krisowz (may he r.i.p)

This would be a more appropriate approach on the claw sprit :) learn the coloring. It's advanced for novices, but gives a better effect applying.

(C) Krisowz (may he r.i.p)

This would be a more appropriate approach on the claw sprit :) learn the coloring. It's advanced for novices, but gives a better effect applying.

ahh thanks , That's really some intermediete stuff right there! But hey thanks for the inspiration posts - That is just as nice for me to learn from. Thanks Yellowhat :)

Looks great for first sprites! keep working and i know you'll be amazing :)
Thanks hehemidu, forever with your support! :D

Here's a little extra i made. i cant seem to get the shading right. Anyone know some good tuts?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9cho3aC.png

- Dragonbone sword

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

great sword, i feel like the handle could use some more work , maybe some more contrast between light and dark colours.

also this is an interesting tutorial i found:
Ultimate Tutorial by S.Shadowsong Not sure all the files are still available but otherwise ask @Shadowsong to reupload them if he still has them.

Ahh great - Thanks hehemidu also for the critique, i will bring it back up when i've tried to fix the handle :)

DYHJrmj.png
/
Gvox7lo.png

Made a dagger like concept. Still struggling with shading. I need to throw some more dark in there i think

Great work dear friend, looks really good if you ask me!
Yay I'm useful (zoidberg)
Thanks man, i will keep them coming!

looking good, but imo u used too much black pixels at the bottom of the handle and on the bottom of the axe
Glad you say so! - Been killing me with the dark, but if i got it too light it look'd flat. Maybe I'm not scaling my pallette right!
i will try hard, but thanks for pointing it out! :)

Back