• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Faceless - Spriting, a new beginning. (First Sprite 10-03-2014)

I can admit, in my opinion you make sprites better than the cipsoft pixel-art team..
to me most of their newer sprites look like poop of different types with different shapes, but your sprites sticks with the reality of pixel-games, simple, nice and not confusing looking at!

Here's the first edition to your request :)
These are wyvern parts to ward the orcs from the wyverns effects

5I2IEVD.png

-Wyvern Amulet (full saturation)

bOTLv3o.png

-Wyvern Amulet (half Saturation)

looks cool! i like the half saturation more :p the one thing i dislike is the perspective of the amulet :/

looks cool! i like the half saturation more :p the one thing i dislike is the perspective of the amulet :/

hmm the perspective. Yeah it's very "flat'ish" if it's that you are referring to. :)
Could probably do something better with the skull :).

Made a dagger though. You can see it on the frontpage. It might need a bit more shading, so it doesnt look too dull. Will fix when i come home :)

Okay lets break the Armor practice bubble! Critique please! :D
I took the old Zircot design i made a while back, and prepped it a bit and start playing
with the color shading this time.

40xVcae.png

-NEW Zircot Armor

Last edited:
wow man, good progress, that armor specially looks really good

Last edited:
Great sprites man, that armor and legs look really good!

You feel up for doing some cloth armors after you are done with zircot? Would be cool to see what can do :D!

wow man, good progress, that armos specially looks really good
Thanks Thorn! Means alot people like some of the stuff i do.

Great sprites man, that armor and legs look really good!

You feel up for doing some cloth armors after you are done with zircot? Would be cool to see what can do :D!
Heh, could be interesting yeah :) Will be making a set out of Zircot first, then i'll try make some Cloth armor :)

I'm lurking your thread and I see you keep nicely improving over time. Keep going, seek inspiration through cool images found by googling and analyze other people's pixel art to learn new techniques. :3

I'm lurking your thread and I see you keep nicely improving over time. Keep going, seek inspiration through cool images found by googling and analyze other people's pixel art to learn new techniques. :3

Damn Lurkers!
Heh! Hey Shadowsong.
Yeah i've spent alot of time trying to learn myself a bit about Pixelart for... a month now. (Maybe more realistic is 2 weeks due to mapping overlap)
But yeah, some new techniques wouldnt be too shabby i reckon. Rikci also send me some tutorial homepages i could look at.

You got any recommendations? :)

I can recommend you browse PixelJoint and save all pictures that you think can help you improve.

For example, when I wanted to learn how to sprite fire nicely, I found a sprite where fire looked really good then zoomed in and analyzed it - saved the color pallete, and now I can make that fire whenever and however I want. Same goes for any other common material, and this is the best to begin with - learning how to make wood, metals, elements and skin. After that, you can start experimenting and creating your own colors and textures. At least that's how I see it :p

I can recommend you browse PixelJoint and save all pictures that you think can help you improve.

For example, when I wanted to learn how to sprite fire nicely, I found a sprite where fire looked really good then zoomed in and analyzed it - saved the color pallete, and now I can make that fire whenever and however I want. Same goes for any other common material, and this is the best to begin with - learning how to make wood, metals, elements and skin. After that, you can start experimenting and creating your own colors and textures. At least that's how I see it :p

Wow that's really helpful. I fell upen pixeljoint yesterday. I will be sure to give that more effort.
Thanks you, that's great advice! :)

5P9Nl1a.png

-Zircot Boots

I'm sorry for the low-end Originality on the boots.
The outline idea is "somewhat" from guardian boots. :( works well with my set though.
Hope you like it :)

Back