• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Falarion's Mapping Thread - My own Mapping Adventure

Finished up the Mountain

Here ya go, comment on flaws and such please, I need to improve so I would appreciate it if you guys helped me out here ^_^​
~Yes yes, I know that the staircase on the first pic is... Effed... XD I can't remember how to do those staircases nor who came up with the idea..~
If anyone could point me in the right direction that would just be great ;D

~Re-Uploaded~
New: Changed Trees and bushes to be more clumped as Leftwing suggested!
Keep Comments coming! :D
North West corner

North East Corner

South East Corner - A little more "Empty" area, just for some difference.

South West Corner - Also quite empty, again, for some area differences.

~Also, ignore black areas for now since I will not make anything there just yet~
Thanks for watching! :)
And thanks to everyone who comments and helps me out!​

Last edited:
May I suggest taking in-game screenshots using no-stretch settings? Might help some load the images. You should also bunch your bushes and trees in clumps for better appeal and better paving for players to hypothetically walk through.

Even more clumped? XDD
Oh crap, I thought I exaggurated, a whole lot this time.. Hah
I'll try re-arranging some of it tomorrow then ^^
Thanks for commenting
<As goes for the In-game pics.. Ugh... I have no idea if I'll be able to do that, Will have to look at tutorials for servers and such then, Since I havn't had a server running in around ~ 6 years.. XD

Oh aha.. XD
A lil less complicated fix than I thought then ^.-
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

On the north east of the first few pics you didn't finish (floating grass). I dislike the bridge, personal taste. Everything else is quite fine.

@ ^
Well, the surroundings are just made with autoborder (Just to see how it looked) also that is the main floor, so it's technically not floating :p
But yeah, forgot to mention that the entire first floor is Half-Done, Re-shaping and adding grass and water streams to the black spots is a must :p
Thanks for commenting!

You can make a higher floor on the mountain on the third picture, to create more difference in zones. Also on this higher floor you can use different floors or things like entrances, to get a part that looks different from the rest. Some places you can add some trees to also get a bit difference in nature. Other then that, looks good.

Falarion, if I have some time I'll gladly help you with putting up a server. I was shit if it came to setting servers up, but then Kimokimo helped me out once and now I see how easy it is
For the mountains, do not zoom out or in, only use the 2 last tufts (so the little ones) and avoid using the bigger ones as less as possible. I often only use the second biggest tuft once in a nature spot because I realy hate them.
It looks good however some parts look autoborderd (where two mountains meet)

@^
Thanks for commenting!
As goes for the autobordering, yeah, it's true that around ~ 20% of the whole thing is autobordered, along with some quick placement of grass on the main floor.
Havn't used any of the biggest one thist time ;F
Tho, I do like the third ones, but just 1/10-15 of the first grass type.

About the server, thanks, would appreciate it!
I tried ~ 1.5 months ago and rage-quitted almost instantly cuz I couldn't figure it out :p

Bump with new stuff:

Ruined Temple
Third/Second Floor

Second Floor

Main Floor

Main Floor

Will probably add a little bit more random furniture and/or trash on the more empty spots...
But other than that it's I guess it's more or less finished.

Comment and tell me what you think about it
Also: Give ideas on what you think is missing.
~Also, the mage statue is MOST LIKELY going to be switched out since I'm probably not going to use warlocks and such in this Temple~
~I intend to have a matching statue to the enemy type in this place~
So I could use some tips on what enemies to use here aswell =D

Thanks for the kind comments, means alot and makes me wanna map more :)
And because you liked it what I'll do next is the underground floors in about the same style, just a little more.. Well, intact and quite a bit more of the yalaharian walls since they have been preserved better underground I guess XDD

Stay Tuned ^^

Wow it looks great, maybe more random furniture and trash as you stated in the empty spots and it will be perfect, 9.9/10 ;d

Back