• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Falarion's Mapping Thread - My own Mapping Adventure

Started to map the underground area now
The shape is finished* and it's time to fix the lower levels and such before adding details :)
If Limos or Forsakenfate are willing, I would like to make some kind of riddle quest here involving:
Storyline, Levers/switches, Multiple People, NPC´s and a Boss

Northern Area

Southern Area

*The shape is "Finished" not sure until it is fully decorated and detailed until I know for sure wether or not I want it this way :p
and oh.. Yes.. I know it's highly symmetrical.. I Love symmetrical stuff, don't worry though, it is only the first underground floor which will be symmetrical, the other paths, left and right will not be symmetrical.
Also, I have since mapping this temple started to use the "New View" mode in the mapeditor, sure makes it's difference I guess xF

I have 1 major problem with this place.. It's the north staircase to the left, when placing the other staircase (1 square north of the one that is there now) the staircase becomes somewhat bugged... (a little part of the staircase becomes "stuck" in the wall which makes it look fugly :<)
So I gotta come up with another idea with that :F

Also.. Please answer me this, do I light areas to much? XD
If so, tell me.

I will most likely finish this place tomorrow unless something comes up OR if the place becomes bigger than originally thought ;d
Stay Tuned!

Good start, like the first pic the most. Maybe you can make a part where you go down on the second pic too.

Looking good, now finish iiit ;p

But nah I dont think you light it to much, not yet anyhow :p I myself love symmetrical structures too, and about the stairs I know I had to strugle with that problem alot of times.. perhaps you should only have 1 pair of stairs in each direction, but yeah I know it looks better with 2 otherwise.. try it out :]

Okay, so I finished a Little part of the temple, this is like.. 3 floors down from the surface...
Also, Credits to Blez for that "Swamp Pit Thingy".. Saw it in one of his pics... (Second Pic, Middle'ish)

Le Picture'o Uno!

Le Picture'o Dos!!

~Don't look at the details on the left staircase on the first pic since I havn't started on that part yet~
~ + The right side with no walls on the second picture.. xF ~

Feel free to comment on anything and give ideas if you have any!

Stay Tuned :D

Good job and sure we can test it soon.
I first have to import some maps from Limos so mine is up to date again.
But that'll be this weekend or later on, got some stuff to do irl.

The progress so far is quite great, can't wait for the full outlook.

Okay.. Something a little different, taking a small break from the temple (Made most of the entire shape in the whole place today so xD)
Will be back mapping the temple in ~2 days I guess :p
In the meantime, here's something small, inspired by Hesten's "Underwater Temple" (Scarlet Horn).
Tho, this is just the entrance, focus on the middle parts.. Not the outside :D And yes, sry, I forgot to use the "New View" >_<
Enjoy:

Entrance to "Akiras Water Temple"

Made it so that you need to swim through the waterfall, 1 step in there is a tiny beach hidden which will make you walk again (I hope lol).
And yeah, I am aware of that some parts are a little weird...
But it's 04:30 atm, cba to fix it when it's school tomorrow (Today) lolz..

GOOOD NIGHT (Oh god I'm so tired).

Okay, so I'm done with the "Akiras Water Shrine" now, well. Basically, perhaps a few more details on the ground (though, I still want it to be rather clean indoors).
For now I'll post the Quest Room of this shrine:
Enjoy!

~Credits to HesteN for inspiring me to do a Water Shrine with his "Underwater Temple" Picture on Scarlet Horn, first page~

North Parts
(Top Floor)

(Second Floor)

West Side

South Side

Hopefully you'll like it :p

Better remove the underwater things and the crystals:p
Why? :p
Can't it have been much more water there before? Filling up the cave, creating the proper environment for those coral-rocks to exist.
Therefor, when the water level lowered and afterwards the Shrine was built, they didn't just seize to exist.
Also, whats wrong with crystals? Nobody ever uses them, boring :(
I'm not 100% sure how crystals are made, but I usually find loads of small crystals irl at the beach and inside bigger rocks so I thought they'd fit here.
- The weeds is the most "unrealistic" thing here, and yeah, already thought about deleting them or not, maybe I should ^^

The underwater things grow underwater, not on water or next to it. I think the crystals don't really fit like this, maybe you can use a few, but now it looks a bit overspammed with crystals like they are random placed.

Last edited:
The underwater things grow underwater, not on water or next to it. I think the crystals don't really fit like this, maybe you can use a few, bit now it looks a bit overspammed with crystals like they are random placed.
Agreed that it was to many, deleted half of the big ones and a few small ones.
They are not rly randomly placed, all of them are supposed to be very near water cuz it felt that would fit them :p
- All Plants are deleted, just looks a little stiff now xF

You should reduce the amount of stalagmites and big stones. Use small stones, debris/gravel and rock soil instead.

You should reduce the amount of stalagmites and big stones. Use small stones, debris/gravel and rock soil instead.
I guess a few less stalagmites could be in order :p
- Changed it around a bit, a lil less stalagmites and around 4 less bigger stones.
Added a little bit of moss in the main structure and very few small grass areas.
Tho, can't be arsed to re-upload =DD

Back