• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Farore mapping(7.4)

farore

Reaction score
Hello!
Been working on a 7.4 server for a couple of months now.
Would be nice with some constructive criticism on the mapping, I'm very new to it! :)
Currently working on remaking the Ice Islands(Senja/Folda/Vega etc) and Fibula.

Outlaw encampment(previously Fibula Villa)
LYqFmJY.jpg

Fibula Dungeon(previously Fibula Rotworms)
oEr5Xnj.jpg

Jotunn Fortress(north of Senja)
LQtf45H.jpg

Jotunn Fortress dungeon/quest
nH1wYVQ.jpg

Last edited:
nothing in these screenshots is 7.4 ? you got a LOTTTTTTTTTTTTT of work my friend if u want to create a 7.4
there were no frost dragons in 7.4, there were no bamboo sprites in 7.4, that tarantula wasnt in 7.4, That GM outfit isnt even 7.4

So either pray to god that somehow your 50% 7.4 and 50% 8.0+ works well together. I dont even think thats the 7.4 Grass sprite. lol

Edit: my constructive critism: try to get everything with the 7.4 sprites and work with what you have rather than using the new sprites which makes no sense

nothing in these screenshots is 7.4 ? you got a LOTTTTTTTTTTTTT of work my friend if u want to create a 7.4
there were no frost dragons in 7.4, there were no bamboo sprites in 7.4, that tarantula wasnt in 7.4, That GM outfit isnt even 7.4

So either pray to god that somehow your 50% 7.4 and 50% 8.0+ works well together. I dont even think thats the 7.4 Grass sprite. lol

Edit: my constructive critism: try to get everything with the 7.4 sprites and work with what you have rather than using the new sprites which makes no sense
Well, we're doing a 7.4 server with our own custom editions... obviously.
Same as everyone else who works with the older versions.

How does it not make sense though? This is a OT, the point of which is that we're free to do whatever we want.
Thanks for the input!

it doesnt work because it looks stupid when ur GM outfit has high res hair and the bandit standing beside him is just a blob of one colour as his hair.

Oh and that giant looks ugly Af, Who ever created that needs a lesson in 2d point perspective.

it doesnt work because it looks stupid when ur GM outfit has high res hair and the bandit standing beside him is just a blob of one colour as his hair.

Oh and that giant looks ugly Af, Who ever created that needs a lesson in 2d point perspective.
Yeah! Totally agree about the gm outfit, will probably use the old outfit. Though I'm pretty much always /invis as gm so it's whatever.
And yeah, the giant is not great, the legs look abit silly.
I don't think people play Tibia for it's excellent graphics though so it should be fine :)

You want to give the people playing your game a sence of Professionalism, without it im sure u wont make it far.

Trust me when i say I have seen work from some really good mappers and artists I can can safely come to a conclusion that you are nothing close to a professional.

Careful What you say about peoples work, and considering ur recent shady behavior nothing you say or do should be taken serious on these forums.

Trust me when i say I have seen work from some really good mappers and artists I can can safely come to a conclusion that you are nothing close to a professional.

Careful What you say about peoples work, and considering ur recent shady behavior nothing you say or do should be taken serious on these forums.
Okay sure, bye.

The point this man is trying to make is that you're implying you're mapping with 7.4 sprites. This has nothing to do with your server, it's mapping showoff not server showoff, so the title of your thread is indeed misleading.

As far as the mapping goes, your nature is too squary. I.e the swamp shouldn't be that straight and squary. Also the structure of the bamboo place is bad.
The ice parts looks alright though! Keep it up man.

You should remove "7.4" mapping from the title.
This is not even close to be "7.4 mapping".

Yes you're maybe trying to make a 7.4 game-style but with more modern sprites, but don't call it 7.4 mapping because it's not.

This is 7.4 mapping:
t7x9FUV.png

The point this man is trying to make is that you're implying you're mapping with 7.4 sprites. This has nothing to do with your server, it's mapping showoff not server showoff, so the title of your thread is indeed misleading.

As far as the mapping goes, your nature is too squary. I.e the swamp shouldn't be that straight and squary. Also the structure of the bamboo place is bad.
The ice parts looks alright though! Keep it up man.

Ah yeah that's true, removed the 7.4 tag.
Very true about the "squary" swamps, havn't gotten to the detailwork on those things yet.
What about the structure with the bamboo don't you like? You mean it shouldn't be that many corners/edges?
Thanks for the input!

You should remove "7.4" mapping from the title.
This is not even close to be "7.4 mapping".

Yes you're maybe trying to make a 7.4 game-style but with more modern sprites, but don't call it 7.4 mapping because it's not.

This is 7.4 mapping:
<pic>
Yeah, hear ya :) removed that tag.
Thanks for the input!

Back