• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'bitset': No such file or directory

Togu

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
git clone latest tfs
install all vcpkg libs
open visual studio 2017 community
set release x64
build

1>------ Build started: Project: theforgottenserver, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1>otpch.cpp
1>actions.cpp
1>ban.cpp
1>baseevents.cpp
1>bed.cpp
1>chat.cpp
1>combat.cpp
1>condition.cpp
1>configmanager.cpp
1>connection.cpp
1>container.cpp
1>creature.cpp
1>creatureevent.cpp
1>cylinder.cpp
1>database.cpp
1>databasemanager.cpp
1>databasetasks.cpp
1>depotchest.cpp
1>depotlocker.cpp
1>events.cpp
1>fileloader.cpp
1>game.cpp
1>globalevent.cpp
1>groups.cpp
1>guild.cpp
1>house.cpp
1>housetile.cpp
1>inbox.cpp
1>ioguild.cpp
1>iologindata.cpp
1>iomap.cpp
1>iomapserialize.cpp
1>iomarket.cpp
1>item.cpp
1>items.cpp
1>luascript.cpp
1>mailbox.cpp
1>map.cpp
1>monster.cpp
1>monsters.cpp
1>mounts.cpp
1>movement.cpp
1>networkmessage.cpp
1>npc.cpp
1>otserv.cpp
1>outfit.cpp
1>outputmessage.cpp
1>party.cpp
1>player.cpp
1>c:\forgottenserver\src\player.cpp(22): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'bitset': No such file or directory
1>position.cpp
1>protocol.cpp
1>protocolgame.cpp
1>protocollogin.cpp
1>protocolold.cpp
1>quests.cpp
1>raids.cpp
1>rsa.cpp
1>scheduler.cpp
1>script.cpp
1>scriptmanager.cpp
1>server.cpp
1>signals.cpp
1>spawn.cpp
1>spells.cpp
1>Done building project "theforgottenserver.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
1>A task was canceled.
1>A task was canceled.
Build has been canceled.

Solution
Looking at the internet and I'm the only person in the world with this issue
Considering that bitset STL container is part of C++ since C++98, it would be weird if someone have the same issue since it comes as part of vc 14.1 platform toolset when installing visual studio 2017.
If this is fresh installation of visual studio maybe there was some error which resulted in missing this file? It seems like the only thing you can do is reinstall visual studio.
make sure your MSVC 2017 was installed with the following options:

2019-11-03 15_12_05-Visual Studio Installer.png

and that you have installed everything with no errors in vcpkg:

.\vcpkg install boost-iostreams:x64-windows boost-asio:x64-windows boost-system:x64-windows boost-filesystem:x64-windows boost-variant:x64-windows boost-lockfree:x64-windows luajit:x64-windows libmariadb:x64-windows pugixml:x64-windows mpir:x64-windows cryptopp:x64-windows

Looking at the internet and I'm the only person in the world with this issue
Considering that bitset STL container is part of C++ since C++98, it would be weird if someone have the same issue since it comes as part of vc 14.1 platform toolset when installing visual studio 2017.
If this is fresh installation of visual studio maybe there was some error which resulted in missing this file? It seems like the only thing you can do is reinstall visual studio.

Solution
Yeah I'm trying to "repair" it right now, downloading and installing 9 GB of files

If that dont work only reinstalling windows

I didn't mean reinstalling windows, you can install older/newer platform toolsets too:
2.png
then set in TFS project options to use different toolset and check if they will compile.

I tried to retarget with all versions I have. I have to be careful cause I use this machine to compile also OTClient and it's hard to config that environment.

I tried to retarget with all versions I have. I have to be careful cause I use this machine to compile also OTClient and it's hard to config that environment.
Then it is even more weird because OTClient use bitset container too xD

Back