• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Father of all Klabautermen [Article by elkolorado]

Hover Design

Novice Member [Graphics Designer / Mapper]
Solutions
Reaction score

Article by Elkolorado​

https://tibiasecrets.com/father-of-all-klabautermen/
Polish version :
https://tibiasecrets.com/forums/topic/father-of-all-klabautermen-pl/
Portuguese version :
https://tibiasecrets.com/forums/topic/pai-dos-klabautermen/

blended-3.png

Located on Vandura, the largest of the Shattered Isles, Liberty Bay is the jewel of the South Seas. Not too long ago, the people in the lovely seaport lived together in harmony, making a living from the rich resources the land provided. Unfortunately, some Thaians found out about the natural treasures of the Shattered Isles. Soon, the formerly peaceful little settlement had grown into a real town. Oppressed by the Thaians who took over the peaceful little settlement like a huge grasshopper swarm a potato field, many of the natives are poor people today. They live in ramshackle huts in the South and rest their weary heads on straw mats after a hard day’s work on the plantations. In contrast, the Thaians, under the leadership of governor Percy Silverhand, reside in splendid and luxurious mansions in the northern part of the town.

image001.png

Every city hides a secret, and a city where rum is drunk as tea must have plenty of them.

279881870_471178584767422_2681397352753477627_n-1.png

NPC Marcus gives us some information about Ferumbras

Player: ferumbras

Marcus: Although he’s dead, they say that he is the father of all klabautermen.

Player: klabautermen

Marcus: A klabauterman is some sort of imp that lives on ships and plays quite evil and sometimes lethal pranks on those who annoy him or don’t buy his sympathy with little gifts.

Marcus says, the klabauterman is pleased with some gifts but he doesn’t give information about what we should give to them.

But it turns out there is a book about those, and by the way, the name klabauterman is a real-life thing.

The following quote can be found in one of the books located in Liberty Bay (it can also be found in Ferumbras’ Citadel):

The klabautermen are a race of impish, mischievous beings that live on ships. Using invisibility and other magic, they remain unseen most of the time. But be warned, if you antagonise the klabauterman of a ship, his harmless pranks will turn dangerous. In general, it is a smart move to keep your klabauterman happy with little presents and a lot of rum.

But going back to the real-life klabauterman myths, those are a variant of sea kobolds in reality. More info here.

As Wikia states, there can be house spirits, mine spirits, sea spirits and so on. The ones that Marcus tells about are sea ones but inside the cave. I think it is quite simple that those are the mine spirits.

The unusual trunk seen on the screenshot above is the same as the one that we find in the demon cellar in Liberty Bay:

279497930_364809329000946_5107072835473702179_n.png

Above the cellar, we find NPC Chantalle:

278538258_446468420579757_1408758959381342798_n-1.png

The cellar is located below the jewellery shop, where Chantalle NPC is located. Furthermore, the name Chantal means “stone”.

Then Chantalle mentions Mr.Loveless who is the ambassador of Venore, and you can see where the story will go on here.

Theodore Loveless mentions that:

Venore has become an impressive little point of trade for wares from all over the world. The steady work pays off and brings us a modest state of luxury ..

I heard he has some relation to these isles. To learn more about it, you probably talk to the mage from Edron that resides in a tower here in the city.

If we talk to the Malunga (the mage) she will mention a lot of details about the isle, but about Ferumbras she will guide us to go to Edron towers, which start the Ferumbras Citadel storyline from there.

Malunga: I will not discuss this issue now and here. If you have any questions about him, the academy in Edron is the place to ask …Malunga: Considering that this is a rather delicate issue, you should have a good reason to ask though.

If we go back to the idea about Chantal, it could be just about the stone – cobalt, that is yet to be seen in game, or perhaps the new Venore revamped roofs are made of it, the stone could be locked inside the chest there, to be imported somewhere…

279709853_995443438009179_8918039730776589912_n.png

Furthermore, the achievement name after you sail 1250 times is “Ship’s Kobold”.

Also, the one street name in Liberty Bay is called Klabautermen Street.

Going with Malunga transcripts, she tells about the disaster that happened on the Shattered Isles centuries ago – thus the name…

Additionally, you can start the Shattered Isles quests inside Liberty Bay when you would stick to any of the NPC transcripts, which later connect to the Ferumbras Citadel storyline.

Moreover, Ferumbras himself still needed to build the tower there, so he possibly hired people from Liberty Bay to help him (or convinced/fooled them to do so).

279940916_431837795415194_7625334801571897518_n.png

You end up on Goroma by a mistake while travelling on a ship, but it might be that the klabautermen fooled capitan to end up there, so the packages could be transported – so as Ferumbras is the father of all klabautermen and then we have a cellar which is guarded by a demon (and Ferumbras is one of the few able to summon demons), and we have a mysterious trunk at the shipyard, then for me it is obvious that it is Ferumbras cellar, and also that he somehow still needed to transport some goods to his citadel, which are displayed at his treasure room.

279443648_516988073466684_6414496867436596855_n.png

Each ship has its own klabautermen we can then assume that Ferumbras can control ships when he wants.

But if you connect Chantelle and Mr.Loveless (who is from Venore) to this, then it is quick to notice that the trunk is being transported to Venore rather than to Ferumbras Citadel.

And Venore does have transcripts talking about shady deals.

279503441_513626453762482_671636371497973250_n-1.png

NPC Xed:

Player: honest

Xed: Well, I overheard the boss discussing some shady deals with a man in a black cloak.

Player: shady deals

Xed: Something about a sword only great warlords can use and a rare distance fighting item.

Player: rare distance fighting item

Xed: Yes, but I believe this is nothing but lies seeing that there are only a few distance fighting weapons.

If you look now at how Mr.Loveless looks – he is indeed a man in a black cloak:

image017.png

Xed works at Ironhouse at Venore, his boss is Abran Ironeye.

279621674_819900716079923_4479623299502312476_n-1.png

So we can see that the Ferumbras update continued a little story here in Venore, as now we know with who Abran Ironeye makes shady deals – he does them with Theodore Loveless from Venore.

To connect Venore to Liberty and vice versa, we need to go to the shipyard regardless, and Venore update made revamp also at the docks, where we find the mysterious ladders, same as we talked about in our previous article (Ferumbras’ Ascendant Quest).

279428068_266964658910887_8095617235615133921_n.png

image023.png

That leads to the roof, where we can see someone has been clearly there (drinking, maybe rum?)

image025-1024x752.png

Going on with changes to Venore there were some transcripts added at some point to Ashtamor. And Ashtamor is highly connected to the afterlife and ascension, and that topic interests Ferumbras the most.

image027.png

Player: slim

Ashtamor: This man is so old and looks so unhealthy that I expect him to become my customer every day.

He talks about Leeland Slim. The way it is written is similar to Mr. Loveless transcripts about people at Liberty Bay. It could mean that the same person wrote those, and the mystery here is around understanding what NPCs talk about each other.

leel.png

I bring this up to show that there were some hidden changes going on in the updates to NPCs, which could mean the stories unfinished in the past, might now be finished and waiting to be solved.

Leeland Slim Is an allusion to Leeland Gaunt From the book “Needful Things” by Steven King:

“Basically a demon runs this store and lures people with things inside his store. Whatever you ask for can be found there in the store then the demon leeland gaunt does some shitty shitty to them”

Inside Leeland’s store in Tibia in the drawer, we find the paper:

“As shown, in theory there are many ways to imbue a dead creature with immense power (see chapters 22 to 24). When one combines sorcerous and spiritual means the result should be extraordinary. The idea here is, that you can use sorcery to turn a suitable being into a lich-like being under your control (see lich-thralls, chapter 15). If such a creature is already imbued with some kind of spirituality (that is: in the process of ascending, as shown in chapter 7) both powers would add up. While this is a neat little parlour trick, it’s more for prestige then for power, since the subject, though formidable, won’t be able to access its spiritual potential at all. Here is the catch, however. Due to the law of transcended identity, several such creatures could be used to focus their powers into a higher, slightly more spiritually potent being of the same kind. In layman’s terms you could say, you bundle their power into one recipient. If this bundled power reaches a certain threshold, the metaphysical adaption actually burns a new spiritual power level into the recipient. We have seen such acts in which mass sacrifices of fanatic cult followers helped certain leaders to ascend to some degree. For the purposes of necromancy it means we could easily bundle the power of several lesser undead into one of greater power. Now this comes with several problems though. Raw power isn’t transferred well. It simply overrides former power levels. So while you could create one decent zombie by sacrificing a hoard of zombies, it would still be a zombie, fragile and weak. The sorcerous levels at least somewhat add up. So if you create several lich-thralls (see chapter 15) you can combine them into one with more sorcerous power than the individuals have. Now the spirituality comes into play. The spiritual level is in reality a level of ascension (see chapter 7). The problem is, normal ascension is bound to the soul rather than to the body. Since we have created lich-thralls, we have no real souls at our disposal but are dealing with false-souls (see chapter 13). They lack any level of spirituality at all. Yet there is a way the ascension is residual in a dead body, when said person was immensely revered or feared in life. This non-native ascension isn’t inherent to the soul but to the person of the recipient, in this case the bodily remains. So a person that was revered in life has some remainder of ascension left in the body. If it was famous and well-remembered the energy lingers on for longer. This leads to the possibility of creating lich-thralls based on heroes of legend. While a single one would have only the powers as to be expected from such a creature, you can now combine them into another, greater hero (a transfer to a lesser level of ascension would simply not work). With the fusion of spirituality in this creature, a new level of ascension would be created. Mind you, it’s not a true ascension and although there is an immense increase in personal power, it’s actually just tricking some laws of nature. A true and ultimate ascension is not possible by such means. But for the purpose of a potentially immensely powerful thrall, this is ideal of course. However you will need quite a lot of such semi ascended heroes. Experiments showed that the critical mass for the ascension fusion is rather high. Too many sources, however, create an incompatibility loop, that usually destroys all subjects involved. So you have to aim at a decent number of properly powerfully imbued individuals. Even with great heroes you need at least four sources and things start to go awry at about 12 individual sources. The sweet spot seems to be using 7 subjects. That lowers the possibility of the fusion and introduces negative effects due to incompatilities.”

That paper basically is a tutorial on how to reach ascension and connects both to the ultimate goal of Ferumbras, and the allusion to “Needful Things”.

This whole scene is just there to point out that there are some shady deals/smuggling going on ships that can be either going to some mystery to Venore, or to Ferumbras Citadel directly. If I would make a bet on it I would say the trunk is connected to Venore to a mystery that has been unfinished in the past, but Cipsoft finished it at Ferumbras update so the attention is lost.

Shady deals for a sword and a rare distance fighting item – “seeing that there are only a few distance “.

Update 8.2 solves that and gives us unobtainable to this day distance weapons.

image031.png

Is this whole mystery been brought back to life by Cipsoft to shed new light on solving Elethriel Elemental’s Bow or Yol’s bow
image033.png
that has no info about them at all?

I would be on Elethriel Elemental’s bow, as it has been displayed at Pythius the Rotten treasure room, to bring the attention of us that a bow is obtainable somewhere there, at Beregar, but now after researching a topic about heavy trunk mystery, I believe this is the correct path here, and Cipsoft put that bow at Beregar to fool us and mislead. Apparently, the colour of that bow is the same as cobalt.
image035.png

What is in that trunk then – it might be something connected to weapons, as this is Ironhouse, but it can be something special for the boss – and we know that Abran Ironeye for instance has a teddy bear, that has been rumoured for many mysteries?

If anyone was interested in this article, I recommend visiting tibiasecrets.com for more.
If anyone was interested in this article, I recommend visiting tibiasecrets.com for more.

nice read ty
279503441_513626453762482_671636371497973250_n-1.png

NPC Xed:

Player: honest

Xed: Well, I overheard the boss discussing some shady deals with a man in a black cloak.

Player: shady deals

Xed: Something about a sword only great warlords can use and a rare distance fighting item.

Player: rare distance fighting item

Xed: Yes, but I believe this is nothing but lies seeing that there are only a few distance fighting weapons.

If you look now at how Mr.Loveless looks – he is indeed a man in a black cloak:

image017.png
i assumed the man in black cloak referred to the vampire npc who runs the magic shop

i wouldn't consider a rare distance weapon mentioned in the same sentence as a warlord sword to be an actual obtainable item though it would be cool if it's an old epic quest reworked in a later update.

Back