• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Find someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archez

'
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
We, and when I say 'we', I am sure I talk for the people who release stuff at the downloads board, would be happy if you find an active member from America to moderate the downloads board when the European moderators are offline.

Last edited:
Why do you need another mod if there is already someone doing that job?
Are you saying that the mod of the swedish board it to incompetent to do his own job?

No but its hard to do things alone, thats why you get for example, gms to help, or moderators, why not pick someone that can help in otland and even in native boards?

Because this thread is about the download section and answering reported posts, not about the native boards.

This thread is not about all boards, or do you not understand english anymore?

I am sure I talk for the people who release stuff at the downloads board

You were saying that you agreed and now you say you disagree.

If you want more mods then the answer would be yes, not no.
This thread is saying that we need one mod for downloads and then later we will need more. It is basically the OP saying what mods we need now.

vB4 is here, time tu bring up suggestions threads.

Would it be that difficult just for a mod to subscribe to the downloads section/boards and then bookmark their User CP? That's what I do on whichever forums I mod.

I said, yes, but we need more moderators. I think we need more from Amercian/Canadian side. We got different time zones, and while your sleeping, were up. While your up, were sleeping. :)

As I mentioned, this forum need north american moderators.

Or Australian Moderators? I don't think I've ever seen one of any forums apart from OTans which has Stixx.

Well, what about 2/3 american/mexican/canadian Global Moderators, or just he most used sections..

Or..........................

The should recrute forum cleaners, Members that have a special abillity to clean spam and things like that, that way it's easyer to recruite new mods to :)
Instead of promoting a member with banning powers and more.

Altought Mods have an harder job then you think.... The get spammed 24/7 i used to get daily around 20~30 pm's when i log on msn i used to get spammed with questions and whining people about threads the made in download section. Then you go through the spam section and then through the download board, then you browse through new threads and posts (Atleast how i used to do that)

//Mokerhamer

Im sure i wont, but if no one reports posts, and its only me, i think i got a higher chance to be a moderator here, atleast in one board. I have no goals, if i get mod pos from the admin, okej cool, then what? ban lots of members becasue they insulting me becasue they dont want me as a moderator, deleting spam, and such. nothing special really, but it would be kinda cool to have a orange name.

plus i forgot, its good that the main admin trusts me and know who i am, lets say,

here are 4 spammers, one of them going to get mod pos...

First one can talk english

secound one can talk swedish and english

third one were a spammer, he can talk swedish, english, and many other languages, and the main admin is a good friend with him, and he trusts him..

the fourth one is a spammer, or were a spammer, he can talk english, and a language that almost is not needed, not is this forum, becasue its not so much members from that country.

Wich one would you pick?

I'd pick the second one.

I think archie should get back his old mod (= he was one of the most active moderators, almost for me (=

Im sure i wont, but if no one reports posts, and its only me, i think i got a higher chance to be a moderator here, atleast in one board. I have no goals, if i get mod pos from the admin, okej cool, then what? ban lots of members becasue they insulting me becasue they dont want me as a moderator, deleting spam, and such. nothing special really, but it would be kinda cool to have a orange name.

plus i forgot, its good that the main admin trusts me and know who i am, lets say,

here are 4 spammers, one of them going to get mod pos...

First one can talk english

secound one can talk swedish and english

third one were a spammer, he can talk swedish, english, and many other languages, and the main admin is a good friend with him, and he trusts him..

the fourth one is a spammer, or were a spammer, he can talk english, and a language that almost is not needed, not is this forum, becasue its not so much members from that country.

Wich one would you pick?

Moderator that dedicates alot of time into OTland, and speaks several languages is something OTland needs. He/She would be able to help both English speaking and other language speaking members, incase they don't know english. But I would choose neither of them, they are all spammers after all; meaning that they won't probably be serious in their job. But who knows, people change.

Why do you need another mod if there is already someone doing that job?
Are you saying that the mod of the swedish board it to incompetent to do his own job?

So you mean, that if we already have 1 teacher at school, so why should we get more? One is more than enough to handle 300+ children. WE NEED MORE, there are alot of mods a rarely see, and most of them can't handle everything themselves, it's to much press to take!

I'll close the thread, the OtLand staff is now taking care of this.

:ninja:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back