• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

First day of mapping ;p Second map now.!

Elaney

Reaction score
1798-otland.png

from 1-10? how much would i get? xD

Just looked trough some tut on mapping and thought i would try make something. Well ideas what i can do to make it better and i would be happy =)

second map!
1802-screenshot-2009-05-27-23-21-19.png

/Elaney

Last edited:
omfg
Dont show your first maps please becuse what do you want to know? that it sucks?

You guys are such assholes.
Agree doesn't look that good.
Not that bad for a first mapping though.
Learn more and read some toturials.
Everyone has to begin somewhere.
I hope to see you improve :)

Zisly@ i thought it meant For Fuc* Sake?:p :D

Anyways The map is nice as it is your first time mapping.. :p dont get your head down because some people above are being dic*ks.. :p

Zisly@ i thought it meant For Fuc* Sake?:p :D

Anyways The map is nice as it is your first time mapping.. :p dont get your head down because some people above are being dic*ks.. :p
Well thats my meaning xD

Thanks for all the "bad/good" criticism. Still tho would been better if i heard what has to be improved/worked on.

And you guys who posted about why post my first pic? Why not? I know i wouldnt get any 10/10 on it and im not really afraid of showing my sucky mapping skills. but some day i maybe i want to look back and compare how my "skills" used to be.

i agree the island looks to squary and the mountain too, try to fix the start of the waterfall at the start left i dont really know how to do it but it would improve how it looks

Keep mapping it isnt bad for your first time

Btw: It looks a bit strange a waterfall there where all the water emerges from? Under the earth? if yes, maybe try to make something to make it looks like water is emerging from the underwater

Honestly, I started 5x or 10x worst than you. If your work is bad... mine was horrible, more than horrible.

You just need to practice... every mapper need to begin from bad/normal mappings. You can't map something great the first time, unless you just copy another person mapping.

I'll tell you what could be nice for you to improve:

• You map can't be totaly squary.
  • Add some dirt.
  • Don't use borders below waterfalls.
land.png

Good Luck! :)

Back