• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Flatlander's Multi-Verse server - **Updated 12/11/15** (PvP Quality of Life changes)

Flatlander

Species Developer
Solutions
Reaction score
Flatlander Multiverse Server

• Bomberman Universe: Bomberman Universe that includes a Ranking system, full Single Player and Two Player Campaigns. And a MOBA Style Arena.
  • Species Universe: A Universe at war. Join one of 4 races fighting to protect their king.
    • Let me know if you have any requests for War-Server functions to be added into the client!
      Current Functions confirmed:
      • Hold Target
      • Hotkey Inventory Slot
      • WASD Movement (With toggle chat by pressing Enter/Return)
      • Summon AI (Aggro Mode/Normal/Defend Mode)
  • Keyzot Universe: An RPG universe where the God of Keys has taken the world hostage and locked it behind his Dimensional Doors.
UPDATES:
Species Updates:

10/12/2015 - Species Alpha Video
10/12/2015 - Default Vocation Abilities
10/22/2015 - Passive Ability Slot
10/26/2015 - Species Alpha Video 2
11/1/2015 - Species Mage Poison Abilities

12/11/2015 - PvP Quality of Life Changes
If you have any questions about the Multiverse Server, feel free to reply and ask away!

Last edited:
Back to Main Thread(Index)
If you do not know. Here is a description of how you play Species:
Species is a War Server where you pick one of 4 races.
(Orc, Elves, Dwarfs, and Minotaurs are the races included in this version)

You work with your Race, to kill the other 3 Races.
You can also defeat the outpost, and then kill their king. (Killing the king will kill the entire race all at once. Meaning, if there are 50 elves online, and you kill the king, all 50 elves die)

Of course, that means all 50 elves respawn, and are very angry, and you are now trapped at the elf king with 50 elves coming to kill you, which can be fun also. (Surviving a king kill is pretty hard)

15x733d.jpg

You will be able to loot, and switch Abilities in Species.
Above is the current version of the inventory screen.
You can just drag Ability Modifiers into any of the above slots, to change the spell in that slot to a new spell. (More information on this will be shown later)

Last edited:
Race WAR is a very good idea, so much possibilities to be explored and can offer a really enjoyable gameplay.
I think you can improve a lot the temple and surrounded areas by the race nature, think like a Elven place have a good amount of nature, place rivers on the shape, build wooden houses, make giant trees and also a good amount of green area. You have a lot of sprite to do that.
Maybe you can pick up some good war map, i've see something like that before, you can improve it by your own too, anyway this looks really good, will you create custom spells, stats and items for any race or use the standard ones?

Last edited:
Map will be worked on over time, I am not a good mapper, and I mapped almost all of this myself. The important thing is it is fair for all teams, if it is easier to kill one team's base than another, then that would lead to a team no one wants to play.

As for custom spells. I listed a few things in the 2nd spoiler, but I'll explain in more detail.

Basically, each vocation has 3 Abilities.
Mage:
  1. Ability 1 - Sudden Death
  2. Ability 2 - Energy Wave
  3. Ability 3 - Summon Fire Elemental
Archer:
  1. Ability 1 - Ethereal Spear
  2. Ability 2 - Volley (wave of arrows)
  3. Ability 3 - Sharpshooter
Knight:
  1. Ability 1 - Whirlwind Throw
  2. Ability 2 - Fierce Berserk
  3. Ability 3 - Blood Rage
You will be able to change any of the above abilities to different types.
For Example: Sudden Death could change to Frozen Death (Paralyze), Poison Death (Damage over time), Flaming Death (Area Damage), Shocking Death (Scaling damage to same target), Bloody Death (Does bonus damage for Target's missing health), and I will keep adding more. (Some spell types be rare loots from king kills, raids, or will be given as prizes for events)

Last edited:
pretty cool!
But I'm confused. Is it meant to be stand-alone server? or an event part of a server?

If its stand-alone server, then I have interesting idea to further improve it and increase the quality of the event even more.
Idea is to add a little like a tower defense like features. Where you could loot/buy materials, to build defensive towers what boost or deal damage, but the materials you need are most likely always on the enemy side xD
This would make it too complicated, but eventually good players will get tired of simple stuff anyway.

Last edited:
This looks fucking epic! *.*

pretty cool!
But I'm confused. Is it meant to be stand-alone server? or an event part of a server?

If its stand-alone server, then I have interesting idea to further improve it and increase the quality of the event even more.
Idea is to add a little like a tower defense like features. Where you could loot/buy materials, to buy defensive towers what boost or deal damage, but the materials you need are most likely always on the enemy side xD
This would make it too complicated, but eventually good players will get tired of simple stuff anyway.

Basically, each portal will take you into a seperate server. But there will be "Global" currency that you can use to buy stuff on all servers.
For example, if you did well on Species. You could use the "Global" currency to buy stuff for Bomberman. (Like new bomb skins, outfits, bomb animations, etc)

On Species the plan is, instead of using "materials". Players will have to spend Experience and Rubies to buy stuff for their team.

You can get Rubies and experience simply by playing the game. But, when you die, you will lose all the Experience you have gained towards the next level (you will go back to 0%).

When spending Experience to buy stuff, you can only use the EXP you gained that level. So you are trading the possibility of gaining your next level, to using that EXP to buy either Defensive or Offensive things for your team.

A few examples I have for things you could buy for your team are:
  • Catapults: Catapult exploding boulders towards the middle of the map to help clear it.
  • Elite Troops: Next wave that spawns will be stronger monsters on your side.
  • Guard Tower: Spawns a tower with archers that help defend your gate.
  • Unique Heroes: Each team will have unique heroes that they can choose to spawn with the next wave.
At higher levels, when you need millions of Exp for each level, using teamwork and buying these buffs can help you live long enough to level up.

Killing a king is an automatic level gain for every player on your team (meaning you will be 0% to next level), and kills everyone on the opposing team. Then takes the total exp lost on the enemy team, and gives it evenly to your team. So if the enemy team lost 50 million experience, and you have 50 players on your team, you would each gain 1 million experience.

Last edited:
Update on the server progress.

Since you will be able to switch between Universes using the same character. You will need to be able to switch your hotkeys easily.

I have updated the Client to have 5 presets so you can quickly switch between different Hotkey Layouts.

Also, You can now hotkey Inventory Slots.
For Example: You can hotkey your weapon slot, and it will use whatever is in that slot when you press the hotkey.

This is for my upcoming server Keyzot. Where items will have spells on them.
So if you switch from a Sword with "Lunge Strike" and put on an Axe that has "Slice'n'Dice" you do not have to switch your hotkeys.

I will post a video showing off these hotkeys and some new features of Species later this week :).

Update on the server progress.

Since you will be able to switch between Universes using the same character. You will need to be able to switch your hotkeys easily.

I have updated the Client to have 5 presets so you can quickly switch between different Hotkey Layouts.

Also, You can now hotkey Inventory Slots.
For Example: You can hotkey your weapon slot, and it will use whatever is in that slot when you press the hotkey.

This is for my upcoming server Keyzot. Where items will have spells on them.
So if you switch from a Sword with "Lunge Strike" and put on an Axe that has "Slice'n'Dice" you do not have to switch your hotkeys.

I will post a video showing off these hotkeys and some new features of Species later this week :).

This is awesome. I've been keeping an eye on your projects and I'm very hopeful for their future. Keep up the great work.

15x733d.jpg

You will be able to loot, and switch Abilities in Species.
Above is the current version of the inventory screen.
You can just drag Ability Modifiers into any of the above slots, to change the spell in that slot to a new spell. (More information on this will be shown later)

Omg, bring this to life!
Seems to have alot of potential and could turn out very interesting!

15x733d.jpg

Let's talk about the Passive Ability Slot. (Necklace Slot above)
You will be able to equip new Passive Abilities to change how your character works.
There are currently 3 classes of Abilities:
  1. Auto-Attack Passive: These Passive Abilities change your auto-attack.
  2. Defense Passive: These Passive Abilities will activate when you are attacked.
  3. Ability Passive: These Passive Abilities will activate when you use abilities.
You can only have one ability active at a time. And each time the ability activates it will use a charge.

Last edited:
Morale System
I have been thinking of a way to fix a big issue with the "King System" on Species.

The issue is, players would log out when they saw their king being killed, instead of defending it. So when the king dies, they are not online, so they don't suffer the death penalty.

So, I will be adding a new system to Species called "Morale".
The more Morale you have, the more experience you will gain.
There will be Team Morale, and Player Morale.
  • You will gain Morale for you and your team by killing other Teams, and completing objectives.
  • If your king dies, your Team Morale and Player Morale will be set back to 0.
  • If you die, your Team Morale will not change, but your Player Morale will be set back to 0.

You will not be able to switch teams easily in-game (Will cost experience, or donation points).
And even if you do switch teams, you will not gain any Morale bonus for the next hour.

Last edited:
Back