• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Flatlander's Multi-Verse server - **Updated 12/11/15** (PvP Quality of Life changes)

Is there a way to change ur passive ability and get rare ones ?

Yes, your passive ability can be enchanted just like your other Abilities.

For example:
Basics:
Normal Passive: Blocks an attack (10 second cooldown)
Poison Passive: Attacker is poisoned for 5 damage (2 second cooldown)
Heat Passive: Your Weapon Attacks apply a Fire Stack to the enemy. (4 second cooldown)
Cold Passive: Next Ability Used will paralyze. (10 second cooldown)
Electric passive: Not done yet.

Then there will be rare and unique passives, that do more interesting things.

command/button to give commands to entire army?
aka all in your screen radius stop or friendly monsters move to chosen area. (if they are not attacked)
and command can only be given when player has enough levels to do so and monsters only hear player commands if there is no bigger level in player nor monster screen.

command/button to give commands to entire army?
aka all in your screen radius stop or friendly monsters move to chosen area. (if they are not attacked)
and command can only be given when player has enough levels to do so and monsters only hear player commands if there is no bigger level in player nor monster screen.

Army commands is a great idea.
They need to be VERY limited and on a rather long cooldown, to avoid trolling, or two players fighting over what your army should do.

Honestly I don't use the armor equipment slots. So I could remove them and put in Army Commands.
So 4 slots... maybe...
  1. Retreat - Causes nearby Teammates to retreat, and places a "Retreat" marker where you clicked for players to see where you are retreating to.
  2. Countdown Combo - All teamate monsters switch to your target, a countdown appears above the head of your target, then the monsters all use an ability when the countdown ends. (Monsters will go back to their original targets after the countdown)
  3. Magic Wall Line - All nearby teammates fire magic walls in the direction you placed.
  4. Heal Friend - All nearby teammates will use their healing rune on you for 5 seconds.

Army commands is a great idea.
They need to be VERY limited and on a rather long cooldown, to avoid trolling, or two players fighting over what your army should do.

Honestly I don't use the armor equipment slots. So I could remove them and put in Army Commands.
So 4 slots... maybe...
  1. Retreat - Causes nearby Teammates to retreat, and places a "Retreat" marker where you clicked for players to see where you are retreating to.
  2. Countdown Combo - All teamate monsters switch to your target, a countdown appears above the head of your target, then the monsters all use an ability when the countdown ends. (Monsters will go back to their original targets after the countdown)
  3. Magic Wall Line - All nearby teammates fire magic walls in the direction you placed.
  4. Heal Friend - All nearby teammates will use their healing rune on you for 5 seconds.

Maybe we can have it where the army command switches off every 2 mins to each player and if you die it goes to the next player to use the army command each side got different command elf command and mino command

Maybe we can have it where the army command switches off every 2 mins to each player and if you die it goes to the next player to use the army command each side got different command elf command and mino command

What kind of commanding would you be thinking of?

Above I suggested giving players the ability to command nearby units to:
  1. Move
  2. Attack Target
  3. Magic Wall Line
  4. Heal Target Ally
Do these sound about right for the options you'd need to command your "army".
The point of Species isn't really to command your army, it is a PvP server. (player vs player).

I just added monsters that fight along side you to add more life to the server.
Even if NO ONE else is online, you can still play, level up, and gain loot.
(Of course it is much faster and more fun when playing against other active players)

What kind of commanding would you be thinking of?

Above I suggested giving players the ability to command nearby units to:
  1. Move
  2. Attack Target
  3. Magic Wall Line
  4. Heal Target Ally
Do these sound about right for the options you'd need to command your "army".
The point of Species isn't really to command your army, it is a PvP server. (player vs player).

I just added monsters that fight along side you to add more life to the server.
Even if NO ONE else is online, you can still play, level up, and gain loot.
(Of course it is much faster and more fun when playing against other active players)

U can have these have a long cooldown 6,5,4 and Have the basic army commands like Attack target & move and Magic wall line all short cool downs

6.Put a barrier on ur enemys for 2-3 seconds seconds blocks all incoming damage
5.A bomb that can be place on a enemy and it counts down then explodes for random damage 1-25 damage
4.When u heal target alley it has a chance to double heal and attack double

U can have these have a long cooldown 6,5,4 and Have the basic army commands like Attack target & move and Magic wall line all short cool downs

6.Put a barrier on ur enemys for 2-3 seconds seconds blocks all incoming damage
5.A bomb that can be place on a enemy and it counts down then explodes for random damage 1-25 damage
4.When u heal target alley it has a chance to double heal and attack double

These 6. 5. and 4. you listed sound more like abilities or passives that I would add for players, not Army Commands.

None of them can be short cool-downs. It is too powerful to command an army in PvP. (I will actually have to script it so the NPCs make mistakes when following commands, like 10% chance a creature won't listen to any command, and their combo can't be perfectly timed, so like some of them might shoot too early or too late. and the M-wall Line they have a chance to "miss' their M-wall and put it in the wrong spot. Just like in real tibia war!

Yay for Simulating my past experiences on tibia with a team in PvP.
But yea, I already scripted the monsters missing heals, potions, and casts, so they can make mistakes when fighting. So of course I will script it so they can make mistakes while following commands.

Ok, I have been balancing, tweaking, and changing things to try to make Species War as fun as possible.

There have been quite a few changes, and with my Release Date Goal being January 1st. I'm trying my best to get everything working the way I want it to.

First, Things will be different than tibia. I am changing plenty of things to help with "Quality of life".

The following changes have been made:
  • I doubled the starting health of all vocations.
    • Mage - Before 800hp: Now 1600hp
    • Archer - Before 1600hp: Now 3200hp
    • Warrior - Before 2400hp: Now 4800hp
  • I also doubled the mana of all vocations.
    • Mage - Before 3000mp: Now 6000mp
    • Archer - Before 1500mp: Now 3000mp
    • Warrior - Before 500mp: Now 1000mp
  • Health potions now heal over 1 second. Heal 20x more. and have 40x longer cooldown, and slow (paralyze) you while drinking.
    • Mage - Before 300ms exhaust-150hp healed: Now 12000ms exhaust-3000hp healed over 1 second while slowed.
    • Archer - Before 300ms exhaust-300hp healed: Now 12000ms exhaust-6000hp healed over 1 second while slowed.
    • Warrior - Before 300ms exhaust-400hp healed: Now 12000ms exhaust-8000hp healed over 1 second while slowed.
  • Mana potions got the same change as the health potions. (Used in Video Below)
    • Mage - Before 300ms exhaust-250mp healed: Now 12000ms exhaust-2400mp healed over 1 second while slowed.
    • Archer - Before 300ms exhaust-170mp healed: Now 12000ms exhaust-3400mp healed over 1 second while slowed.
    • Warrior - Before 300ms exhaust-120mp healed: Now 12000ms exhaust-5000mp healed over 1 second while slowed.
  • All abilities are now "Use-With" so you can target locations.
    • To use certain items at a distance, you will be able to shoot them.
    • Many abilities will be "skill based" so just using a "Use on Target" hotkey might not give you the best results.
  • Directional Spells are now omni-directional.
    • You can now use Directional Spells in any direction. (Used in Video Below)
There will probably be more changes, but I am trying to make PvP Less "Spam potions while spamming spells".
I really want people to be able to have fun, for a very long period of time, without the need for a bot.

Here is the video showing off the Mana Potion, and the new Omni-Directional Wave Spells:

Let me know what you think!

Ok, I have been balancing, tweaking, and changing things to try to make Species War as fun as possible.

There have been quite a few changes, and with my Release Date Goal being January 1st. I'm trying my best to get everything working the way I want it to.

First, Things will be different than tibia. I am changing plenty of things to help with "Quality of life".

The following changes have been made:
  • I doubled the starting health of all vocations.
    • Mage - Before 800hp: Now 1600hp
    • Archer - Before 1600hp: Now 3200hp
    • Warrior - Before 2400hp: Now 4800hp
  • I also doubled the mana of all vocations.
    • Mage - Before 3000mp: Now 6000mp
    • Archer - Before 1500mp: Now 3000mp
    • Warrior - Before 500mp: Now 1000mp
  • Health potions now heal over 1 second. Heal 20x more. and have 40x longer cooldown, and slow (paralyze) you while drinking.
    • Mage - Before 300ms exhaust-150hp healed: Now 12000ms exhaust-3000hp healed over 1 second while slowed.
    • Archer - Before 300ms exhaust-300hp healed: Now 12000ms exhaust-6000hp healed over 1 second while slowed.
    • Warrior - Before 300ms exhaust-400hp healed: Now 12000ms exhaust-8000hp healed over 1 second while slowed.
  • Mana potions got the same change as the health potions. (Used in Video Below)
    • Mage - Before 300ms exhaust-250mp healed: Now 12000ms exhaust-2400mp healed over 1 second while slowed.
    • Archer - Before 300ms exhaust-170mp healed: Now 12000ms exhaust-3400mp healed over 1 second while slowed.
    • Warrior - Before 300ms exhaust-120mp healed: Now 12000ms exhaust-5000mp healed over 1 second while slowed.
  • All abilities are now "Use-With" so you can target locations.
    • To use certain items at a distance, you will be able to shoot them.
    • Many abilities will be "skill based" so just using a "Use on Target" hotkey might not give you the best results.
  • Directional Spells are now omni-directional.
    • You can now use Directional Spells in any direction. (Used in Video Below)
There will probably be more changes, but I am trying to make PvP Less "Spam potions while spamming spells".
I really want people to be able to have fun, for a very long period of time, without the need for a bot.

Here is the video showing off the Mana Potion, and the new Omni-Directional Wave Spells:

Let me know what you think!
Looks good.
Did you make the crosshair from saying the spellwords? Is this only possible in otc?

Looks good.
Did you make the crosshair from saying the spellwords? Is this only possible in otc?

No it is an item (Ability 2) in the video is the one being used).

If you did want a spell to give crosshairs, it would be a TFS and OTClient source edit.

You would have to allow TFS to "Send" a crosshairs to the OTClient, along with other information.

Or I guess you could "Ghetto" rig it, so when you "Say" a spell in the otclient, you have a list of spells that are linked to Items, and it returns the "Use With" of that item.
Either way, it isn't an easy or good way to do it.

There is absolutely no point to having a spell you say, that then returns a crosshair.
Honestly there is no point in having spells you say anymore. Since no one really types out the spells, they just hotkey them anyway.

Oh i see, you bring out the good point about casting spells however im still stuck with tibia client xd.Anyway. maybe you want to add perks to your abilites which can be bought from the shop or ynlocked by lvling
Perks what im talking about are area increases or extra effects like slowing targets or rheir abilities will cost more gems etc.

And hands up if you like posting trough android devices...

Oh i see, you bring out the good point about casting spells however im still stuck with tibia client xd.Anyway. maybe you want to add perks to your abilites which can be bought from the shop or ynlocked by lvling
Perks what im talking about are area increases or extra effects like slowing targets or rheir abilities will cost more gems etc.

And hands up if you like posting trough android devices...

Even if you are using the tibia client, you could still edit the .SPR and .DAT if you wanted to make additional items.
Or you could just take existing items and make them do whatever you want.

Even if you are using the tibia client, you could still edit the .SPR and .DAT if you wanted to make additional items.
Or you could just take existing items and make them do whatever you want.
yeah i know that xD

yeah i know that xD
I assumed you did :p. The problem with the using the tibia client, is you only have 3 options for casting spells.

Auto_Cast: Script it so that when you are auto-attacking (or onThink, globalEvent, etc) it will automatically cast spells. --Does not let the player control when the spell is cast and cannot use with crosshairs
Item_Cast: When using an item, it casts a spell. --Requires player to have an item.
Word_Cast: When typing a word, it casts a spell. --Cannot use with crosshairs

But with the OTClient you get the best of all worlds.
You don't need an item, and you can still use crosshairs.

!!

Btw what you taught about my idea for the spells?

I already have a customization system.
You collect different gems and unique materials, and you can use them to change how your spells work for each vocation.

You can see me using them in some of the previous videos.

I already have a customization system.
You collect different gems and unique materials, and you can use them to change how your spells work for each vocation.

You can see me using them in some of the previous videos.
yeah what I meant was that these same spells will get changed even more by lvling or something.

yeah what I meant was that these same spells will get changed even more by lvling or something.

I don't want veteran players to be THAT much more powerful than new players.

It is very important in a war server, that new players aren't just slaughtered, or any new player that enters the battle will quit because they cannot do anything.

So instead of giving Veterans more power, I am giving them Utility.

They will be able to pick using the Fire Enchantments if they want to do more Area damage, or Poison Enchantments if they want to stack-up DPS.
Then of course there will be rare and unique spell types and customization, but all of them will be balanced against the original basic spells.

To gain more power, you level up, and you can use stat points you gain to customize your character. But as for spells, you won't be able to ever increase the power of your spells or abilities.

Back