• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team For new and future Zantera assistants!

TILFen

Reaction score

ffZFH.png

Welcome to the Tutor recruitment centre for Zantera's grand opening!

We're searching for two or three competent and experience persons with great social skills, we especially search for you with great a language knowledge. English is highly valued along with polish as well.

In case you didn't know, Zantera® is a Swedish Open Tibia server, founded and developed by competent and professional people. The server started the very first time in 2009 and quickly became the biggest Open Tibia server in the world, especially for guild wars. Zantera to this day one of the biggest Open Tibia servers worldwide. With a peak of 900 players online and over 200 in the same war makes Zantera to one of the biggest and most successful Open Tibia server ever created. More information about Zantera can be found here.

At these two following steps you will be introduced wether you fit as a gamemaster in our team or not. Read each sentence carefully and ask yourself if you really are that person we’re describing. There is no template that you need to follow for your application, but if you read the two parts correctly, you should know what we want to know. In order for us to see how the applicants handle criticism, we wish that everyone post their applications in this topic and not as a private message. Further questions regarding this thread may be posted below.

Important notification! We do no longer seek for gamemasters nor tutors as we've already found our candidates. Thank you everyone for applying!

divider_i_by_rbsrdesigns-d353f7e.png

Part I
Behavior of duty

A part of having great knowledge among languages you also need to understand that spelling is a part of it. Players need to understand what you're saying to them. We therefore ask that our representatives use necessary punctuation (such as breaking up sentences with full stops), fully legible sentences (the players must understand what you're saying to them).

A social person also needs to be friendly, otherwise he has no direct use of his skill, we therefor search for you who takes your time to respond to every serious question and really help the one in aid to resolve their problem! Remember that being friendly also comes with not ignoring players, despite their own social skill. Even if they’re not as good as you with languages, still try to understand their issue and attempt to talk to them.

As you’re being a tutor you are a representative of Green Zebra Hosting AB, you need to act as a role model, doing naughty things on duty will result in us getting the blow for your actions, even though we didn’t do anything except for misjudging your approval of position. There for we kindly ask you to act superbly while you’re an official representative of GZH. This does not mean that you can’t curse among friends and such, but officially you will need to be polite and helpful!

Note that in some cases the tutor job can be a bit exhausting, believe me when I say this! We’re taking this into indulgence and therefor you may take a break every now and then, by that we mean that you can exit the help channel for a bit and go and have your fun as a normal player – Hunting, questing, killing people, or whatever you enjoy. Try to do atleast 50/50!

Part II
Your duties as a Tutor

As a tutor you’ve got one main objective and that is to answer questions. Mainly ingame but also at the forum and sometimes in the default channel or pm, however we ask you to direct most of those calls to the help-channel in order for us to keep track of what you’re responding with when questions are asked. It’s for your own good, don’t worry!

As you might know from your own former experience tutors also handle name reports, reporting names is not a very high priority unless the names are extremely offensive, but that’s a job that also has to be done. This part is quite sensitive since we’ve had former tutors who abused the function, we do not know yet if we will add this function for the current tutors we’re hire. More information regarding that function will be given at the tutor forum once/if you’re hired.

Of course, the job being voluntary, pay is not supplied to those that do the duties. But there are certain perks, such as the aspiration of becoming a voluntary gamemaster in the future – a position of trust and heroism – in the community as we know it.

Moderating forums is nothing new for Green Zebra Hosting staff members. Once/if you're hired as a staff member, you'll become a moderator at our forums. Being a moderator at Green Zebra Hosting forums is pretty much the same as being a moderator at any forum. Further information regarding this will be given to respective person once/if the person is hired.

Final Words
We at Green Zebra Hosting would like to end this application introduction with a few words

Keep in mind that Helga, TILFen and Reowyn always will be there for you by trying to help you out with any questions you've got, but before talking to us - talk to another gamemaster and try solving the problem yourself. We have gamemasters here who have been around for quite a while who knows the rules like their own hand. Since our two administrators Helga and TILFen are two very busy persons, therefor will Charles be the new employee's supervisor.

Zantera is one of the biggest Open Tibia servers worldwide and not to mention, the biggest. There are competent and professional people behind Zantera, which also makes Zantera to one of the most serious Open Tibia servers today. Being a voluntary gamemaster at Zantera requires a lot of trust and heroism. It is a considerable challenge and a major role to wear the blue cape at Zantera.

"A position as a voluntary gamemaster is a position of trust and heroism in the community as we know it." - Reowyn

Even if your application has been approved you will still have to complete a minor interview in order for us to know that you're actually the one behind the application. You will also be closely monitored during your first days in service, and this mainly for your own sake.

Thank you for reading and hopefully we’ll see you soon!

Applicants
Respective applicant's decisions

An applicant's name set as this color has officially been rejected and should not be considered as a valid application anymore.
If your name is set as this color means that your application may not have been read yet, alternatively not been decided yet.
An applicant's name set as this color has been approved and an interview is imminent. If a position (Gamemaster, Tutor or Senior tutor)
has been attatched to their Position they've successfully been promoted.

Karar92
Reason:
That's not even an application. What can you do for the server?

Mjmackan
Reason:
Already running a server (or will soon).

Zatjin

Reason: Not a proper application. Too young.

Kakoo

Reason: Not Enough english skills.

Dr Pwnage
Reason: Applied on other Open Tibia servers. Shows that the applicant aren't serious.

Lucky
Reason:
Same reason as Dr Pwnage. Applied on other Open Tibia servers.

Illusion
Reason:
That's not even an application.

Azzareth
Reason:
Not enough details in the application.

Mohzus
Reason:
Write a longer and detailed application and we'll reconsider our answer.

Schtek
Reason: Scrawny and not enough detailed application.

Knight Of Doom
Reason: Thin and not well detailed application.

rugdoc95
Reason: Not using capital letters and/or apostrophes.

Lucyaga
Reason: Good application but not enough details. What can you do for Zantera?

strike955
Reason: Does not seem serious. I've read some of your posts.

Kyoshiro

Reason: I'm sorry to decline, but you do not measure with the skills we're in need of at this moment.
The main reason is lack of English knowledge at this point, loved your personal touch though.
Feel free to apply in the future.
/Reowyn

Nyan Cat
Reason: Lack of English knowledge.

Twitch
Reason: Too short application. What can you do for Zantera?

Soora
Reason: You've been tutor on Zantera once, and we've seen your behavior.
That's the main reason why we'll decline you, sorry.

Kangarew

Reason: Unfortunately you do not meet up with our requirements at the moment.
The main reason for your applicationrejection is the spelling part, or grammar if you will.
Read your application yourself and see if you can identify the errors.
We might seem a bit finicky, but this is not charity you know, we recruit those who seem most fit for the job.
Right man for the job principle.
/Reowyn

DanneXD
Reason: You do not meet up with our requirements due to lack of English knowledge, I suggest you correct your grammar AND spelling mistakes.
Inform us whenever you've done that.
/Reowyn

amiroslo

Reason: Scrawny application. Do you think you fit with the accepted applicants below?

Amb Motive
Reason: User withdrew his application.

Jack Willem
Reason: Unfortunately did the user not accept his position as a senior tutor.

BigB

Reason:
Too short application and not enough details in the application.

Havoc
Reason:
We're not searching for someone who temporarily assist us, you also show obvious error in your grammatics.

Neon
Reason: Too short application.

Kocii
Reason: You do not fill our requirements for language/grammar knowledge.
/Reowyn

Merkz
Reason: You are interesting, but at this moment it feels like we've got a few more candidates who seem more promising.
My advice to you is to complement your application with a few more benefits-of-your-own. Make sure to notify us if you choose to update your app.
/Reowyn

freddah90
Position › Pending...
Reason: Note to Tilfen; Have we spoken to this one? Can't find him in the record! /Reowyn

Three Magic
Position › Tutor
Reason:
Well detailed and written application. You'll be a great tutor!

Machima
Position › Tutor
Reason: We interviewed you and you seem to be a very serious person.
A tutor position will fit you perfectly!

Blez
Position › Tutor
Reason: Very well written application. You'll be a great tutor!

Prest
Position › Tutor
Reason: Good application, great details and a good flow with the English.

Ferchox

Position › Senior Tutor
Reason: You will be a great tutor, if you wish to be one that is.
You've got knowledge, social skills and somethings tells me you're good at explaining things!
A gamemaster position in the future might be in place, but at this time we'd rather have you as a tutor.
/Reowyn

Bogart
Position › Gamemaster
Reason: Great English skills and can handle many kind of tight situations and is a very competent and trustworthy person.

Peroxide
Position › Gamemaster
Reason: Can do more than just acquire a gamemaster. He has other skills which is a bonus.
I've been working with this guy before, and he's very competent and experienced.

Laur1
Position › Gamemaster
Reason: One of the best applications we've ever seen. We're looking forward to get to know you better!

Zantera Members
People who currently are hired

Gamemasters
Bogart
Peroxide
Laur1

Senior Tutors
Ferchox

Tutors
Prest
Blez
Machima
Three Magic

Yours sincerely,
Green Zebra Hosting

Compilemention of this information has been created by TILFen and Reowyn (26/7-11) for Green Zebra Hosting.

Copyright © 2009-2011 Green Zebra Hosting. All rights reserved.
Zantera is a registered trademark of Green Zebra Hosting.

Last edited:
hiho!
My name is karar RL name! ive read this artical
can i join ur team ? i can be on very much my skills is scripter/mapper and helping ppl?
if you want just pm beacus i can start when ever you want and im trust worthy person.

hiho!
My name is karar RL name! ive read this artical
can i join ur team ? i can be on very much my skills is scripter/mapper and helping ppl?
if you want just pm beacus i can start when ever you want and im trust worthy person.

You should consider to read it again.

✧What is your real name? Karar
✧What is your age? 19
✧What country are you from? sweden
✧What country do you currently live in? sweden
✧What languages do you speak? swedish/english/arabic
✧What position are you applying for? Tutor /mapper/maby scripter...
✧What is your email address? [email protected]
✧How long have you been involved in open tibia? 3 years

Glad now?

Name: Marcus
Ot/Tibia experience: About 6 years or more.

I am used to be staff member at both my ot/s and others, my knowledge in english is good so as my swedish ofcourse since i am from sweden.
I don't got that much extratime but i know i can spare some time for this, about ½ - 3 hours every day.

Without the staff work i am pretty decent mapper & lua/html scripter.

Are their more questions?
If so will i gladly answer all questions you got for me, simply PM here at otland or contact me at: [email protected]

Yours Mjmackan

Last edited:
Karar92, you should probably write it like you did first, but include all the things you did in your last post, then its easier to see if you're actually good at english or not.
Deleting your double post and your post in swedish is probably a good idea aswell, shows that you're actually serious ;)

I would also suggest improving your english since it seems to be abit behind for your age!

Last edited:
If you want to keep your application personal, please send it as a private message to me.

C'mon guys, these are some of the worst applications I've ever seen!

And we don't need mappers, scripters, designers et cetera. We need competent and experienced tutors!

Pretty hard to make a really good application when at least i don't know what you guys want to know.
TBH i would at least guess its hard to get some honest and loyal tutors without giving free donates/money etc.

Would you work as a tutor on my ot if i didn't gave you items/money? There aren't many that does that.

Pretty hard to make a really good application when at least i don't know what you guys want to know.
TBH i would at least guess its hard to get some honest and loyal tutors without giving free donates/money etc.

Would you work as a tutor on my ot if i didn't gave you items/money? There aren't many that does that.

We've had many good tutors in our previous revolutions and we didn't gave them any donates or money. It's not about donates or money, it's a about a helping hand. Then work your way up to a higher rank. Read through the application introduction again, and you should know what we are searching for.

Your application was good, but scrawny.

Doubt you'd get any serious applications this time around if i'm honest, alot of people have seem to of given up on zantera.

We've had many good tutors in our previous revolutions and we didn't gave them any donates or money. It's not about donates or money, it's a about a helping hand. Then work your way up to a higher rank. Read through the application introduction again, and you should know what we are searching for.

Your application was good, but scrawny.

I ain't saying there is no people that will work for "nothing" but just very very few.

One thing only, don't count me out cause of the age, then if my application was bad that's another thing. The age designation happens me ALOT!

I ain't saying there is no people that will work for "nothing" but just very very few.

One thing only, don't count me out cause of the age, then if my application was bad that's another thing. The age designation happens me ALOT!

I'm also 17.

Update
Due the lack of staff members, we at Green Zebra Hosting have decided to recruit one or two Gamemasters instead. You should read through the introduction again since I've changed it.

✧What is your real name? Elias
✧What is your age? 13 . Please for the love of god. Take maturity before age.
✧What country are you from? Norway
✧What country do you currently live in? sweden
✧What languages do you speak? Norwegian, fluent english, swedish.
✧What position are you applying for? Tutor
✧What is your email address? [email protected], But i use more Skype than MSN, Skypename is: minecraftevo
✧How long have you been involved in open tibia? 4/5 years.

Personal Information.

Hello my name is Daniel a.k.a Kyoshiro on OTLand.

I am 24 years old, I live in Stockholm / Sweden. (Time CET *GMT +1*)

Multiple languages: Swedish, English. (Some Spanish, German & Japanese) (We are talking basics like Hello, Do you speak English and such)

My 3 best quality's: Friendly, Great patience & Love to meet new people.

My 3 worst quality's: I want to do lots of stuff at the same time, I like challenges & I like to work maybe a little to much. (This is the feedback i got from some friends of mine)

I have a normal job which i work week days on Mon-Fri that is. 07:30 - 17:00.

Pre existing experience.

I have around 10 years experience with tibia, I started to play tibia 2000, started with OT's 2003, Hosted and maintained Klantskalle with Zuttlan, Been on and off on my Tibia and OT Career.

I used to be a GM on SoftCores until some personal stuff happened which made me quit.

Other server i have been a GM on: Harry Potter Online, Apocalypse OT, Klantskalle OT & some more which i can't remember the name of. (Sorry)

I have also owned the most successful OT server in 7.6 with Zuttlan he did go underground after we ended our contract.

Other things.

I'm not afraid to ask questions.
I take pride in my work.
I am responsible.
I do not use foul language.
I Respect my co-workers / Boss (Bosses)

If you have any questions you can PM me and i will get back to you as fast as possible.

Best Regards Daniel.

Last edited:
Name: Mohamed
Ot/Tibia experience: About 5 years or more.
I can speak : Arabic - English - Spanish - French
I've made my own ot 2 times then i tired of making servers ,i've been community manager on ArchezOT
I'll be online for 7-10 hours and the other time for school,sleep

I can work as a mapper,scripter.

Are their more questions?
I'll answer all the questions you ask me! simply PM here at otland or contact me at: [email protected]

Regards,
Kako

To see how the applicants handle criticism, we want everyone to post their applications in this topic and not as a private message. By this, people can recommend people and say if they're trustworthy or not, for example.

Hi, I would Like to be a GM or Senior Tutor on your OT Server. If i am Allowed to work on Your Server i will put 110% into it with Even the smallest of Issues. I'll Be on A lot and i Speak English Fluently But no Polish Sorry. So i can be 1 Of your 2 GMs (English One.) Im a very Social Person and i will make it my #1 Goal that the players Enjoy there Visit and cant wait to log on again. Add me on MSN At [email protected] For any Questions or Concerns.

To make it Clear, I just love helping so i would not like anything in return i just want to help.

Thank You! I will be Awaiting your Reply

Back