• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team For new and future Zantera assistants!

To see how the applicants handle criticism, we want everyone to post their applications in this topic and not as a private message. By this, people can recommend people and say if they're trustworthy or not, for example.

I could understand that but i do not see why the people should be given the same application since they are not the one hiring me you are.

Constructive criticism is important to evolve but i do not need people do know what i do for a living that's the difference.

I posted the Application on the second page where i wrote but some information have been deleted due to it being personal since you said.

If you want to keep your application personal, please send it as a private message to me.

Last edited:
I could understand that but i do not see why the people should be given the same application since they are not the one hiring me you are.

Constructive criticism is important to evolve but i do not need people do know what i do for a living that's the difference.

I posted the Application on the second page where i wrote but some information have been deleted due to it being personal since you said.

For example, by this we can see the applicants reputation (not reputation points) and if they have been scamming or anything before. I'm not saying that we're only looking at the reputation. Trust me, we've done this a dozen of times before.

What i would like more to know is if you accepted that i deleted the personal information from my PM and what i wrote here.

Thanks.

What terrible applications lol, i would apply myself but i intend to play/fight on zantera when it re-opens.

Good luck with the staff-hunt though.

I think that I would be great for this job.

First off, some personal information. I am 16 years old and am currently attending my junior year of high school. I live in Wisconsin, USA. I speak English and can understand simpleSpanish conversations. I am fluent in English but am in no way fluent in Spanish. My main hobbies are programming computer programs, playing Tibia, football (I'm on our school's football team), and more. I like to make the most of my time while I'm on my computer. I'm always looking something up or doing something that will in some way benefit myself or another. I'm big into Youtube, and I make around $80 a month from my videos via Adsense. I've been playing Tibia for 8 years now, with minor breaks every now and then. For the most part I have been active that entire time. I've been playing open Tibia servers for around 4 years now. I mainly just join a server and level up to war with friends against a rival guild, but if I were to receive a gamemaster position I would stay commited to a single server. I am almost always on at least 4 hours a day, and sometimes can be on up to 10-12 hours a day. I would stay as active as possible. I have previous gamemaster experience, being a gamemaster on an old 7.6 custom map called Leetots, and various other minor open tibia servers. I truely believe I would do a great job as a gamemaster, and would strive to make it known I was the right choice for the position if I am chosen.

I look forward to a response. Thanks for considering!

What do you mean?

If you did read my application i posted on the second page and also read my Private Message you should see that there are information in the PM that is not included here.

So i wanted your approval to keep that information in the PM just between us.

What terrible applications lol, i would apply myself but i intend to play/fight on zantera when it re-opens.

Good luck with the staff-hunt though.

If you are to criticise all applicants maybe you could also write what they can do better.

Hey, TILFen I would like to try and apply..

Here's a brief application:

Name:Andrew
About me: I never abuse the Gamemaster position, in anyway or for any reason. I am easy to get along with, I am a peoples person. Being a potential Gamemaster for you would be a job to me, and I will do it to my best ability.
Why me? I am currently unemployed and your server would get my undivided attention. As I stated above, I am easy to get a long with and I enjoy working as a gamemaster.

My long[er] application:

http://otland.net/f61/experienced-gamemaster-134989/

Bogart's Application
  • Where do you live?
    Mexico
  • What languages do you speak?
    Spanish and English. Also, I understand Portuguese.
  • OTS experience?
    I've been playing OTS since 2008 and started making my own since 2010.
  • How many hours can you be online?
    atleast 4 hours a day
  • About me:
    I like to play soccer, I love pandas, I help OTland from useless/rude/flaming/trolling posts/threads, when I am doing my duty, I am very serious. Also, I am very patient and can handle with most of the people that can't write English that good.
    I can handle flaming(check this thread if you want an Example).

Last edited:
If you are to criticise all applicants maybe you could also write what they can do better.

Alright, I briefly looked over the applications and it seems that everyone has applied for GM positions before, with these exact same applications.

Knowing Zantera as well as i do, i know for one that their team is not willing to give their positions away to just anybody, and thats what i see when i look at these applications. Anybodys.

They all look bland and very sameish, there's no creativity nor dare i say passion in the applications therefore i would come to the conclusion that if these applications were to be passed and people were given GM's they would go about it half-heartedly and just end up corrupting the server due to bordem or something or other.

Also in these applications people have mentioned they usually war etc when they play OT's, me myself being a player for war know how easily one can jump straight into the game bot up a char and go to war and whilst being a gm, having one on a team straight away decreases the chances of other teams winning due to power abuse. And Zantera has countered this before by saying if you are a GM = You cannot have your own char to play on the server, simple as.

For you to get your applications right you should probably need to show Helga or Tilfen that you are experienced in the knowledge of Zantera and show them why you would want Zantera to be the server for you to become a GM in. Also to add because Zantera is not your average OT.

For example:
How would you help the players knowing you cant ban botters? (After V1+ Botting was permitted due to the huge influx of players)
Would you be willing to help out on forum as well as in game actively every other day for an extended period of time?

The main issue to becoming a GM is not how qualified you are, it's how trustworthy you are. And me personally i would never come to this forum to look for staff due to the fact that there are so many leechers looking for servers to become gm on just to corrupt.

Hope this helped.

EDIT - If any of you guy's do get GM'S and in turn ban me for my bluntness/aroggance/rudeness in this post, then i will slap you :w00t:

Last edited:
Alright, I briefly looked over the applications and it seems that everyone has applied for GM positions before, with these exact same applications.

Knowing Zantera as well as i do, i know for one that their team is not willing to give their positions away to just anybody, and thats what i see when i look at these applications. Anybodys.

I do agree on this subject i made a similar one when i wanted to work as a GM, That's why i sent one more personal with more information explaining more.

They all look bland and very sameish, there's no creativity nor dare i say passion in the applications therefore i would come to the conclusion that if these applications were to be passed and people were given GM's they would go about it half-heartedly and just end up corrupting the server due to bordem or something or other.

Most of these applications are taken from how others wanted to have it i guess mine is in that category as well, yet again i point to what i wrote before.

I think my Private Message was more like a CV with a Personal letter combined then something you write up on in 5 minutes.

Also in these applications people have mentioned they usually war etc when they play OT's, me myself being a player for war know how easily one can jump straight into the game bot up a char and go to war and whilst being a gm, having one on a team straight away decreases the chances of other teams winning due to power abuse. And Zantera has countered this before by saying if you are a GM = You cannot have your own char to play on the server, simple as.

This is so true most servers do have corrupt GM's indeed and that's why they have no players.

I don't understand why would you play if you are a GM, You was hired to keep the server in check not to play on it...

For you to get your applications right you should probably need to show Helga or Tilfen that you are experienced in the knowledge of Zantera and show them why you would want Zantera to be the server for you to become a GM in. Also to add because Zantera is not your average OT.

For example:
How would you help the players knowing you cant ban botters? (After V1+ Botting was permitted due to the huge influx of players)
Would you be willing to help out on forum as well as in game actively every other day for an extended period of time?

Before a dedicated and smart person makes an application he should know the basics of the server such as: Version, Rates, Map, Quests and what systems they use.

As mentioned in the starting thread you will need to be active on the forums which i find really good.

Either you ban botters or you agree that it is allowed. (Some has it allowed in training rooms which i think is unfair it is better to make a script for a timer so you get auto kicked from the trainer after an xxx amount of minutes.

The main issue to becoming a GM is not how qualified you are, it's how trustworthy you are. And me personally i would never come to this forum to look for staff due to the fact that there are so many leechers looking for servers to become gm on just to corrupt.

Hope this helped.

EDIT - If any of you guy's do get GM'S and in turn ban me for my bluntness/aroggance/rudeness in this post, then i will slap you :w00t:

Yeah there are tons of leechers looking for a position be cause they are probably power horny or something.

Then there are them who just wants to help out and have something to do on their spare time.

If i do get a GM i would not ban you for actually saying what you think of my application be cause that would just be juvenile and childish, Constructive criticism is what people need to get better at things.

Thank you for your honesty and that you actually took the time to make such a good list, Some things do remind me that i could make some of my work better.

Next time i will make it better as i do evolve.

Sorry for the wall of text just had to answer all of this. :D

Best Regards Daniel a.k.a Kyoshiro.

:ninja:

Last edited:
Hello! This is my apllication for the GM:
About Me: My name is Ammar ,I'm 14 and I live In Bosnia and Herzegovina(Bihac)
Languages : I speak English very good (I'm going on private courses of english for 5 years already), Bosnian(This language is very similiar to languages of 3-4 countries in Balkan, in Europe)
Experience playing Tibia (rl Tibia or OT): I started playing tibia very young (about 7-9 years old) at server called shivatest. After playing it for a month I started playing RL Tibia. Considering I was very young I tought RL Tibia was very hard. Then I will play all kinds of OT servers for 2 years. Then I start playing RL
Tibia again untill I am 13. Then I go to all kinds of forum and to tibia wiki finding out alot of stuff. After all that I join otland and finish as mapping for fun and using my knowledge to help other people.

Experience as GM: I was GM on 2 servers. Rizen and.... (Don't remember the name). I was GM for 3-4 months on both server. Starting to help people in help channel and promoting the server trough social networks and creating promo videos. I like helping people, and I think people that want to be GM's just to be the 'boss' and for the money are not players who love the game. I won't be like : "Stop asking noob or I will ban you!" I will nicely and politely ask what is the problem and do everything in my power to solve it.

That is everything. I hope you take your time to read this application. Thank you.

If you wish to talk further in details, feel free to add me or send me a message : [email protected]

Applying for any Staff Position:

Position Applying for: Any staff position.
Name: Jelmer.
Nickname: Illusion.
MSN: [email protected]
Language(s): Dutch, English, Little French, Little German.
Spare Time: 3+ Hours a day, depends on what day :3

Hope to hear from 'ya.

Regards.

I've read through all the applications. Each applicant will receive a private message from me tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom