• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

FPS drops down to 0 every 5 minutes for 1 minute

Sizaro

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
coldensjo
I have recently bought a new computer, and since I started using it I got extremely bad FPS drops every 5 minutes, I have no idea why and what it is.
Another weird thing about it is that it happens to almost all games I play, (minecraft, diablo 3, league of legends and in the beginning of every hon game)
I can't connect to any websites either when this is happening.
Here is a picture of when it's happening (in the upper corner you can see my fps):

w0hGZ.png

yQtOT.png

And here is a picture of my computer speccs:
0oVTL.png

Is there anyone who can help me with this?

I have tried:
  • Updating my AMD Catalyst Control Center drivers for my graphic card Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 (a couple of times)
  • Updating my sound drivers (roflmao)
  • Install all kinds of updates for Windows 7 Ultimate
  • Checking taskmanager for any kind of troublemaking program or programs that takes alot of CPU or w/e.
  • Not using V-Sync (Vertical Sync)
  • Not using tripple-buffering
  • Reinstalling Catalyst Control Center

Last edited:
I built it myself, and I have already updated my graphic drivers a couple of times.

Does it happen periodically every 5 min or does it just occur very often at random times?

Very often at random times.

Like, randomly when I'm walking around the computer just start freezing for 5 secs then I can see the next frame then another 5 sec, next frame etc.

Very often at random times.

You should check all the connections to the GPU and Motherboard and make sure that everything is connected properly. If you don't find anything that might be wrong you should try replacing the current GPU you have with another that you know for sure are working, this way you can check if the GPU is the problem or not.

I'm not sure if this could be the problem but, it may happen that the power flow is irregular or that the power supply cannot suply the GPU with enough power(or simply that it's not working as it should), what power supply do you have? (It has most likely nothing to do with this, but it could be theoretical)

You should check all the connections to the GPU and Motherboard and make sure that everything is connected properly. If you don't find anything that might be wrong you should try replacing the current GPU you have with another that you know for sure are working, this way you can check if the GPU is the problem or not.

I did this when I first started the computer, and I have double checked if everything is correct.

I'm gonna try using my motherboards graphic card.

I'm not sure if this could be the problem but, it may happen that the power flow is irregular or that the power supply cannot suply the GPU with enough power(or simply that it's not working as it should), what power supply do you have? (It has most likely nothing to do with this, but it could be theoretical)

I use "OCZ Technology 500W ModXStream Pro Power Supply"

Last edited:
w/e xd

Last edited:
It's usually something about GPU/CPU in these cases. i5-2500k is a great processor for gaming though.

Just ignore what I wrote above :p

Did you install any utilities that (Swedish: Optimerar Prestandan, asså ändrar prestanda/kvalité typ auto, min kompis hade ett liknande problem, när han avinstallera ett program som heter "EPU" ngt så fixade det sig, fast det programmet kom med ett ASUS moderkort vet inte om du har ngt liknande...) Sorry that i wrote in swedish, since Sizaro is swedish it was easier for me to explain :)

Did you install any utilities that (Swedish: Optimerar Prestandan, asså ändrar prestanda/kvalité typ auto, min kompis hade ett liknande problem, när han avinstallera ett program som heter "EPU" ngt så fixade det sig, fast det programmet kom med ett ASUS moderkort vet inte om du har ngt liknande...) Sorry that i wrote in swedish, since Sizaro is swedish it was easier for me to explain :)

Jag har har inget program som ändrar prestanda.

Maybe this won't fix it

You can go to device manager and click on find an available device.

If you find "!" next to any device then you have a problem.

You know when an important device gets out of your motherboard mistakely or just shakes and it's pin just left and it can go back on?

But i think you're supposed to get a blue screen instead of that happening

Inform me on what happend :)

Maybe this won't fix it

You can go to device manager and click on find an available device.

If you find "!" next to any device then you have a problem.

You know when an important device gets out of your motherboard mistakely or just shakes and it's pin just left and it can go back on?

But i think you're supposed to get a blue screen instead of that happening

Inform me on what happend :)

b92g.png

Device Manager

You have two graphic cards on
The intergrated and the external

That's the problem...

Back