• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

FPS drops down to 0 every 5 minutes for 1 minute

See in the BIOS if you can inactive it, and if there isnt any option, make it inactive in device manager ;p

Try switching , inactive / take you external graphic out and test with the motherboard's graphic.

Try switching , inactive / take you external graphic out and test with the motherboard's graphic.

I already did that,

You should check all the connections to the GPU and Motherboard and make sure that everything is connected properly. If you don't find anything that might be wrong you should try replacing the current GPU you have with another that you know for sure are working, this way you can check if the GPU is the problem or not.

I'm gonna try using my motherboards graphic card. (Using the motherboards graphic card had the same problem.)

Does the lag also happen when not playing a game? E.g. just browsing the web, not graphics-intensive stuff.
Have you already tracked the temperature of the card itself? Does the card get a lot hotter in laggy times? Does it make noise (fans?)?

Does the lag also happen when not playing a game? E.g. just browsing the web, not graphics-intensive stuff.
Have you already tracked the temperature of the card itself? Does the card get a lot hotter in laggy times? Does it make noise (fans?)?

No noise, the temperature seems to go down when the lag starts, the temperature is about 40-60 (I have tried with like 5 different programs) I still don't think it's the temperature, because if I want I could just turn up the speed of the fan to 100% and it would be snowing in my computer (The fan is at 20-40%). And yes it does happen when not playing a game E.g. just browsing the web but it seems to be much more annoying when playing games (the game freezes and I can't move for 30 seconds then I see the next frame, but when I'm just browsing the web the website just dosent load at all but I can click everywhere but nothing happens.)

Have you tried other resource-intensive games?

It happens when I play League of Legends, Diablo 3, Minecraft, probably other games too (havent played other games yet)

Last edited:
Its weird that it happens when your not doing something resource-intensive, but my guess would also be heat-related, the firmware could temporary stop the hardware and wait for it to cool down a bit before resuming, but its not an usual practice

Have you tried the usual suspects? (Virus, Malwares, etc..)

Its weird that it happens when your not doing something resource-intensive, but my guess would also be heat-related, the firmware could temporary stop the hardware and wait for it to cool down a bit before resuming, but its not an usual practice

Have you tried the usual suspects? (Virus, Malwares, etc..)

I doubt it would be viruses but I'll do a scan just incase.

Did you try to use your onboard graphics card already? Do those huge lag spikes disappear then?

If it still appears using your onboard card something way else is wrong o_O (unless that card/drivers also have the problem :p).

Try to use your "epic" graphics card >without< the drivers for it. Probably fails.

Can you measure the memory amount, cpu usage and cpu temperatures as well? I think the problem lies there now, since Chrome also refuses to render the web page. Chrome eats memory etc. -- Tried shutting down Chrome by the way?

So you can't browse any websites while it's happening? I'm thinking it's a software related problem. Have you tried formatting and reinstalling Windows?

Bad memory sometimes cause strange issues as well.

Use Afterburner to monitor GPU frequency while you're in a game, and see if it changes when your FPS drops

Back