- Jun 29, 2009
- Reaction score
February 15th 2019 - 18:00GMT
Archlight: Rise of the otherworlds has been the largest era of Archlight ever. We have never even had a past Era in our 3 years of Archlight that hit half as many unique daily logins. We are following it up with a bang. In 2 weeks, on July 20th, Archlight will be resetting for a massive fresh start! Before we ramble about all the exciting things we will be bringing to you with Archlight: War of Gods, lets talk about why we're doing a fresh start!
Following up our largest and longest era ever, nearly half a year long, we have set new expectations for ourselves as a team, and as a increasingly growing game. This new Era our MAIN focus is Quality of Life improvements, Bug Fixing and Balance. After our massive growth of new players this Era (6x more new accounts joining than any past Era... Yea... 6x..) we are preparing for a insane launch of Archlight: War of Gods. Giving 1000's of players a chance to start fresh, correcting mistakes, playing a new vocation, or taking a different path in said vocation. Now, let's talk about some of the kickass features coming in War of Gods + how you guys are rewarded for this era going into the next!
Archlight has now been online for nearly 3 years. Including the first beta it has been up for over 3 years! Since day 1, we have always garanteed that every dollar you spend on Archlight you will receive back in the event of a new Era! Our team will always keep this promise to every single player of Archlight. As in past Era's, points will be rolled out to ensure that the economy isn't destroyed by a dumping of Archlight Coins. Our new method this Era showed massive benefits, ensuring the economy was never compromised.
As mentioned in January, with Rise of the Otherworlds, all progress on Archlight will forever be rewarded. All players will receive Legacy Crystals for not only their Awakening Level Progress, but also their overall Power Progress (We feel this is most efficient way to measure someones overall strength progress, from equipment looted, to stats, to upgrades, to gems). Unlike donated Legacy Crystals (which are released in progression) Legacy Crystals from your characters progress are available AT LAUNCH! They will be sitting waiting in your account for when you login to enjoy! Crystals from progress are also recorded forever in your account from any era! And finally... these earned Legacy Crystals (and only the earned ones) will become a highscores/hall of fame list from Era to Era, showing the most powerful Archlighter who has left the most impactful Legacy. This Hall of Fame will be added in for the New Era!
The amount of Legacy Crystals gained will be based on the following chart, simply add the total crystals from your awakening levels + your power rating!
You will have until the servers close to progress as far as possible! Make sure to scoop up as many juicy rewards as you can for the War of God's Launch to boost your starting progress and get that competitive edge!
Awakening Levels (401+)
401-500 = 1 Crystals Per Level
501-600 = 2 Crystals Per Level
601-700 = 3 Crystals Per Level
701-800 = 5 Crystals Per Level
801+ = 8 Crystals Per Level
Power Rating (After 4000)
4000-5000 = 10 Crystals per 100
5000-6000 = 20 Crystals per 100
6000-7000 = 30 Crystals per 100
7000-8000 = 50 Crystals per 100
8000-9000 = 100 Crystals per 100
9000+= 200 Crystals per 100
Archlight Team Strengthening!
As Archlight Grows, our team grows and strengthens! We would like to welcome our new Developers - KRWone (Mapper), Madison (Mapper), Maxcreed (Pixel Artist), Fae1z (UI Designer) and Disasterpiece (Media/Graphic Work)!
We would also like to specially welcome our new full time programmer Breadfan to the team! Breadfan, out of The Netherlands, will be having a primary focus on bot support in the near future, fixing up ongoing bugs and issues, and overall improving the functionality it has. He will be also helping in any area Ninja is overwhelmed with work, to ensure certain bugs, and new features, can be implemented quicker than in the past! His first few full time days with us he has coded our new 2.0 Arch-Launcher! Let's chat a bit about that now!
2.0 Arch-Launcher Released!
With a cleaner UI, quicker navigation, better organized news and patch posts, and.... it automatically deletes and cleans up old Archlight files when it updates to the latest version! We're very excited about our new Launcher and it's new streamlined features. This is just the start of what our launcher will offer in the near future - Offline chat anyone?
New PvE Content
Sieges, Sieges, Sieges! and more...
A full list of our current Siege changes can be viewed below as well! Sieges are something our team is very excited about. Not just the Guild Siege event, but the almost endless limitations of what this base provides! Making the PvP more impactful, not only for the player experience but the way it shapes the Archlight World. We put a great deal of time and effort into improving our community and social systems this past Era with the changes and additions to Guilds, adding more benefits and reasons to be apart of a guild and social community, we are excited to further expand on this through Sieges and Siege PvP!
Focusing on Bug Fixes and Quality of Life Improvements
A huge focus from our team going into this Era is Bug Fixes and Bug Control. As a team, we have streamlined the bug reporting and fixing process ALOT, and are very excited on our new setup to receive reported bugs, and properly monitor the fixing process! Moving forward our goal is to never have an outstanding bug for more than 1 patch cycle!
Wings & Mounts - United!
No longer do you have to choose between your favorite mount or wings to showoff! In War of Gods both will be able to be used simultaneously! Display both at the same time and ride in style!
Client Optomizations and Improvements
We have been putting alot of time into further improving the draw speed and animations of our Client. We will be releasing teasers of these in the next couple days as well.
Outfits/Mounts/Wings Bonuses Reworked
Something we've always wanted to avoid is forcing players into wearing a specific outfit or mount, for the bonus it offers, this is why inititially we have had a passive system, in which you received 0.5% max health and mana for each addon/mount you had unlocked. This system feels boring and stale to us! We will be slightly revamping this system in the following ways..
1. Outfits, Mounts and Wings have now all been split into 4 different "tiers"
2. Outfits, Mounts and Wings will give their own unique amount of +% health and +% mana, +skill and +profession skill based on their tier!
3. Many outfits previously unobtainable from anything but the shop, are now available by playing!
4. Many tasks will now reward players with products needed to craft outfits, addons or obtain mounts!
5. Many bosses will now drop rare mount or addon items
6. Additionally addons, outfits, mounts and wings will all have a more unique and engaging way of obtaining them compared to before!
Giving the Client a Facelift!
Our new, more unique and aesthetically pleasing windows will be implemented and functioning for Age of Gods - We're very excited about these as they are a drastic quality of life and navigation improvement, as well, the new leader board looks even displaying who the true leaders / top tier players are
Solo, Duo and Team Arena Reworked
This has been a major talking point for our development team - how can we make the Arena more interesting, challenging and engaging while also keeping its core principles and ideas in tact. Well, we're excited on the following new changes to the Archlight Arena!
- Solo, Duo and Team Arena all have their own 23 hour cooldown - 1kk to enter, This entry fee goes up every week by 10% automatically
- Every wave will spawn 5 creatures off this list, each wave the creatures spawned will have 10% more health and damage compounding.
- Duo Arena the creatures will by default start at 50% more health and damage and will have 15% more health and damage each wave compounding.
- Every 10th wave is a Boss Wave. The next wave will not start until the boss is killed.
- Highest wave is recorded and on leaderboards (Solo, Duo and Team records)
- Anytime you join the arena after your first time, you will start 10 waves back from your last wave you reached. So if for example last time you got to wave 27, you'd now start at wave 17 the next time you do your arena. This doesn't apply for Duo or Teams only Solo.
- You receive Arena Bags based on the Arena Wave you get to. Example: If you died in Wave 23, you would get 23 Arena Bags (Will be same contents as Lord Ritual Bags)
- Duo arena's both players will receive the amount of Arena Bags based on the wave they get to.
Team Boss Arena's will behave very similarly, however, be focused on bosses!
Archlight: War of Gods coming in hot!
MMORPG.org will be writing another bigger article on Archlight coming up to the fresh start. Their last review of Archlight bringing in over 1000 new referral players! Otservlist will have a 5 day countdown, bringing in further new player hype, as well as multiple stream + youtube partnerships being formed! New players are the lifeblood of growing the Archlight Community, we are excited to make a larger push this upcoming expansion on not only drawing awareness for new players but also encouraging their early gameplay and experience. We cant wait for what will be the largest Era of Archlight Ever.
(These may be modified and WILL be expanded with a few more changes/improvements)
- Limiting the amount of structures a guild can have up at a time: 30 Walls / 20 Traps / 10 Ballistas / 5 Catapults
- Finetuning the health and damage on structures (capture nodes, walls, ballistas etc)
- Respawn at closest node you control, if none - default to closest graveyard
- Constructing a siege structure will now require a short channel time
- After a trap is activated, damaging a player, the trap will be removed.
- 30 second cooldown after dieing before you respawn
- Creating Structure Zones - So only some structures can be used offensively rather than defensively, as well as preventing structure/ballista camping of a graveyard.
Misc Changes & Bug Fixes
(Dozens more will be added over the next week)
When players go AFK they will be removed from the Dungeon Queue to avoid players joining a dungeon with an AFK player.
Entering quests will now require a small amount of gold. This is primarily made to limit player harassment.
House and Guildhall rent will now automatically increase by 10% each week, instead of us manually increasing it at random times!
Stamina refiller now properly shows recovery to 35 hours instead of 36.
Fixed an issue with bard's legendary spell being able to summon twice and not despawn.
Fixed an issue with the behavior of the Rogue's Blink Step skill.
Fixed and issue where Monk's Claws evolved from Goldencrafted straight to Reforged Mastercrafted.
Fixed the description on Atrisan Shark Soup.
Fixed an issue where players could not pick their daily bonus when first crating a character.
Fixed an issue with Rogue's Slice and Dice spell where it didn't scale with awakening spell points.
Fixed an issue where Necromancers were not able to summon Lesser Shadowfiends.