• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Argardh : Knights of Tibia 19 DECEMBER 18:00 CET

Thanks, we sure hope it will be worth the money! But actually whatever it does to increase players at launch, compared to the time spent on building Argardh - the cost for that advertisement is nothing! It's basically what you'd make for 3 days of work in Sweden so spending that on a project with over 3000 hours of work behind it is not exactly a hard choice :)

Start smoking that shit, my man!

If we have a good start though and this can help me out funding the building of my house, put some beans on the table etc i'll get back to Argardh-work full power :)

We need opinions on experience rates! I want low, but not too low.. I don't want to ask my players to spend half their life online but at the same time - we will have a max-level around 110-150 so we can definately make it a long mission to achieve this and climb to the top.. any thoughts on the matter? Please share!

www.argardh.com/maps.html for more maps

worldmapnames11.jpg

Last edited:
They say good things come in threes. Good luck to you.

I'd also like lower rates. At least for experience. The map is big, there's a lot to explore on low, mid and high lvls. I'd like to get the most out of it by not out leveling unexplored areas too quickly.

You could go with a higher skill and regeneration rate or a slight exp boost to mid lvls for players to spend less time on training, making runes, grinding. There's nothing wrong with higher skills on lower level characters. That can be fun.

I trust you'll choose what fits the server. It was fun playing test server on high rates too. Because there's plenty to do.

Last edited:
Yeah on "mid lvls" im actually thinking the rate/advance should go faster than at very low and very high.. not sure why tbh, but just feels like 50-90 or somewhere around there for example is kind of endless grinding.. while a level at below 50 gives a lot more hp/mana/etc to compared to what you have aswell. At least I think 1-30 shouldn't be lower rate than anything else, but I will use stages as the max-level will be "around" 110-120.. It will not be a roof, but from 110-120 will perhaps be 0.5 rates and then after 120 im planning to have 3 big quests that all have 120+ lvl req and give exp enough for 10 levels.

Perhaps something similar to:

1-30: x 1
30-50 x 1.5
50-75 x 2
75-100 x2.5
100-110 x3
110-120x1
120+ x0.5
150+ x0.1

CRAZY!? :D

Last edited:
You weightlift or why call it that? :p

Just an idea I just had but.. yeah, maybe that's what it will be. Start should imo be rather slow as every level gives you such a big boost, but then 50+ one level doesn't really do much to improve your strength and capabilites. Maybe a pyramid like that 1 but with overall higher rates, shouldn't take more than a few month to reach 110.. imo.

respect for such rates :D

Too low? :p

Important notes:

Houses will have a 20 level and premium account requirement, but pay no rent and only cost 10 goldcoins per sqm. So, whenever you reach level 20 it's a good idea to find the biggest/best free house and buy it right away.

Event Schedule for first month:

December 25: 1v1 Tournament Winner gets 1 unique item ("super-rare")

January 1: 5v5 Tournament Leader of winning team gets 1 unique item ("super-rare")

February 5: Quest-event 3 new unique super-rares will be given to the first 3 players that complete a GM-led quest.

Last edited:
Too low? :p

Important notes:

Houses will have a 20 level and premium account requirement, but pay no rent and only cost 10 goldcoins per sqm. So, whenever you reach level 20 it's a good idea to find the biggest/best free house and buy it right away.

Event Schedule for first month:

December 25: 1v1 Tournament Winner gets 1 unique item ("super-rare")

January 1: 5v5 Tournament Leader of winning team gets 1 unique item ("super-rare")

February 5: Quest-event 3 new unique super-rares will be given to the first 3 players that complete a GM-led quest.
never saw such rates and you mentioned it will take fe months to get 90 +- so with such rates if it goes like this its amazing style of rates :) im not sarcasm with rrespect :) well done

@Sinth You have a misconfiguration with Znote AAC which causes it to load much slower than normally. In config.php, try to write 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost. Right now it tries to connect to the sql server with the ipv6 interface, then after 1 second falls back to ipv4 and successfully establishes a connection.

Your map looks awesome! :D

@Sinth You have a misconfiguration with Znote AAC which causes it to load much slower than normally. In config.php, try to write 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost. Right now it tries to connect to the sql server with the ipv6 interface, then after 1 second falls back to ipv4 and successfully establishes a connection.

Your map looks awesome! :D

Wow, great thanks for pointing that out! And thanks for compliment! :) And thanks for clarification @Lbtg I normally think my ideas are some kind of good but I never know if anyone else agrees/understands or i'm being crazy :p

last stage can never be lower than 1x.. its the truth
ending rate on 0.1= ill stop play becouse exp too slow= eventually dont login to exp= rather do somethign else= eventually quit

incentivate exping... or you will lose players faster, give them goals always

Wow, great thanks for pointing that out! And thanks for compliment! :) And thanks for clarification @Lbtg I normally think my ideas are some kind of good but I never know if anyone else agrees/understands or i'm being crazy :p
well in my eyes you heading /moving right direction :) good luck :)
i see how you care of what you doing here , so im happy for you :)
no surrender on project is main thing :)

well in my eyes you heading /moving right direction :) good luck :)
i see how you care of what you doing here , so im happy for you :)
no surrender on project is main thing :)

Agreed and thanks :) I think there will be a pyramid but higher rates overall than previously mentioned..

last stage can never be lower than 1x.. its the truth
ending rate on 0.1= ill stop play becouse exp too slow= eventually dont login to exp= rather do somethign else= eventually quit

incentivate exping... or you will lose players faster, give them goals always

By the time you're reaching 0.1 rates you should be 130+ and have 2-3 big quests left that will each give you exp worth of 5-10 levels.. after that it's supposed to be a "roof-like" very low rate to make sure players don't reach too high. After that there is most likely still a lot of exploring left to do, aswell as testing other vocations, PvP(!), boss-slaying etc.

<stages>

<stage minlevel="1" maxlevel="8" multiplier="8"/>

<stage minlevel="9" maxlevel="30" multiplier="12"/>

<stage minlevel="31" maxlevel="50" multiplier="14"/>

<stage minlevel="51" maxlevel="75" multiplier="12"/>

<stage minlevel="76" maxlevel="80" multiplier="8"/>

<stage minlevel="81" maxlevel="100" multiplier="5"/>

<stage minlevel="101" maxlevel="110" multiplier="4"/>

<stage minlevel="111" maxlevel="120" multiplier="3"/>

<stage minlevel="121" maxlevel="130" multiplier="2"/>

<stage minlevel="131" maxlevel="130" multiplier="1"/>

<stage minlevel="141" maxlevel="200" multiplier="0.5"/>

</world>

</stages>

I think with this it should take just a few weeks for a casual player(who levels only with good stamina) to get to level 80+ and be able to take part in PvP against top-levels.

Skill advance: x5

I would prefer lower but then have the skill death-penalty reduced, that change might come sometime in the future.

Magic level: x 3

To make sure the mages don't get imba too fast! IMO all mages and especially sorcerer should have a bit harder time than a knight or paladin when leveling and hunting for gold as mages generally are much stronger in PvP and vs bosses when players are lvl 130+.

Remember there are training statues in every city and outside many guildhalls and houses. Joining with neighbours, guild members or bigger alliances to protect your own training grounds/region from killers will be of high importance for any and all players. Botting while training is legal, simply because there is no way to enforce it being illegal.. and we want Players to be able to do something else on the computer while being "AFK" from the Tibia screen at least a few minutes, and they should also be able to just leave it and go out without being BANNED by gamemasters. Killing them, however, is up to players and we gamemasters would love to see alot of killing. Cavebotting or using a bot in PvP is however NOT legal and you might end up banned AND deleted if you deal with any such activity.

And yes, this text will make its way to its correct place on page 1 or .com, sometime, I hope :D

<stages>

<stage minlevel="9" maxlevel="30" multiplier="12"/>

<stage minlevel="31" maxlevel="50" multiplier="14"/>

<stage minlevel="51" maxlevel="75" multiplier="12"/>

</world>

</stages>

I think with this it should take just a few weeks for a casual player(who levels only with good stamina) to get to level 80+ and be able to take part in PvP against top-levels.

Skill advance: x5

I would prefer lower but then have the skill death-penalty reduced, that change might come sometime in the future.

Magic level: x 3

To make sure the mages don't get imba too fast! IMO all mages and especially sorcerer should have a bit harder time than a knight or paladin when leveling and hunting for gold as mages generally are much stronger in PvP and vs bosses when players are lvl 130+.

Remember there are training statues in every city and outside many guildhalls and houses. Joining with neighbours, guild members or bigger alliances to protect your own training grounds/region from killers will be of high importance for any and all players. Botting while training is legal, simply because there is no way to enforce it being illegal.. and we want Players to be able to do something else on the computer while being "AFK" from the Tibia screen at least a few minutes, and they should also be able to just leave it and go out without being BANNED by gamemasters. Killing them, however, is up to players and we gamemasters would love to see alot of killing. Cavebotting or using a bot in PvP is however NOT legal and you might end up banned AND deleted if you deal with any such activity.

And yes, this text will make its way to its correct place on page 1 or .com, sometime, I hope :D

like the rates because this makes lvling easier for us who don't have the time to grind 8h a day. But you have to realise that if you have people pging all day that they will get lvl 80ish in a matter of day(s)

good luck anyway :) i'll try this when it releases

Yeah I know I worry about that.. I'm looking to nerf exp-gain when on low stamina though, to make casual-players even happier.
like the rates because this makes lvling easier for us who don't have the time to grind 8h a day. But you have to realise that if you have people pging all day that they will get lvl 80ish in a matter of day(s)

good luck anyway :) i'll try this when it releases

Ok so, already slightly lowered :p Rate went from 8-14 and then back down now just from 8-10 then back down.. also, increased exp from stamina(and decreased on low stamina) will give the casual-player another bonus.

<stage minlevel="9" maxlevel="30" multiplier="9"/>

<stage minlevel="31" maxlevel="50" multiplier="10"/>

<stage minlevel="51" maxlevel="75" multiplier="9"/>

edit:

What could be possible player-number on launch?

Just scrolling database and seeing so many characters(277 accounts made) and remembering the people i've talked to and not, I think we've had at least 100 players logging in throughout the Beta period between August 23 and 4 December. But do these players join in on the launch? Probably not all. But, how many players have willfully not logged in because of the 'Beta'-stage? And how much does 3 days OTServlist countdown really change things? People seem to value a countdown very high when it comes to the launch of a new server so let's hope their estimated value of this is not overblown :) as far as I know, launch is considered by many, rightfully IMO, to be of utmost importance and greatest fun so let's just hope we can get through it without any major bugs or possible resets( :eek: )

Note: The current accounts on Argardh.info are from Beta, server is still going through testing but the gameworld is closed and there's no point in creating an account at the moment.

edit2:

Our Forum is online! (The old forums were unfortunately deleted :( But we will rebuild!)

There's now a 13-picture starting Guide for anyone that wants it shown in pictures of how to get lvl 8 and a vocation ;)

found at: http://argardh.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6

Last edited:
If you build it, they will come.
I want to try this and explore but it seems like too much work lol

To be honest: Yes, it is "much work" to explore and learn :p If it will be "too much" for many, i'm sure, but that's just the way it will be. Most people want original 7.7 or 10.9+ with exact numbers etc so maybe the majority will not even try to play. Those that do, though, I think are much more likely to stay longer and create their own community. Maybe even more than on a normal server as that big majority that just want to do what they've always done might act like a blocker for new communities to form.

Also, as said, yes it's a lot of work to explore and learn everything that's new(Map) and changed(Custom configs) but IMO there's also a big reward that comes with it as almost everyone(a few beta-players excluded) will start from 0 and have the same possibilites to learn and adopt.

edit:
btw, I've posted a lot of .xml files lika spells, items and other configs on the "Open Development" section at argardh.com/forum so if anyone wants to take a look just go there and read it. And if you want to see any other .xml, file or list just ask, I will post all files in time so that everyone can access source-data.

Back