• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Argardh : Knights of Tibia 19 DECEMBER 18:00 CET

Server's really coming along and it's come a long way.
Exploring early-beta used to always got me trapped somewhere with no way out.
Things have certainly turned around. Keep it up. I'm having lots of fun.

Maybe you could say something about the uptime and map saves?
Server's been up for a month. Certain places get cleaned of certain items every couple of hours. Others stay where they're put, so do creatures. How does it go exactly?

Thanks mate! Server will only restart at updates or whenever is absolutely needed, during Beta at least. Perhaps with more players/items it will cause lag, it's un-tested so far. Perhaps a daily reboot at 0900 in the morning as CIP has will be there in the future, who knows? :)

@Deadbringer

Gamelaunch: 19 december

12106761_10153730967004828_4579211994469250157_n.jpg

Last edited:
Server will only restart at updates or whenever is absolutely needed, during Beta at least. Perhaps with more players/items it will cause lag, it's un-tested so far. Perhaps a daily reboot at 0900 in the morning as CIP has will be there in the future, who knows? :)
I see. Seems to be going well so far and on a huge scale like this. Incase of a reboot, how would you feel about restarting with empty spawns? You could turn down the respawn time very slow and really dense out the max limit of respawning creatures. As another way to mimick the old ways.

Btw. about the map, I remember people here criticizing your point of views. But it's probably just misunderstood coz they didn't see your map in effect. For example your point about Kaz mountain skipping 4 floors in a couple sqm being really bad. Your map puts that argument in a different light.

Because you don't really have a main floor like on all other maps. There's no floor 0 that stretches out across the continent. Everything's constantly built on a different height, like it would be in real life.

The positive thing about that is navigating your way around becomes a lot less convenient. And unexplored parts of the map aren't so obviously highlighted by black spots.

Btw. I just summoned past the 2x creature limit! How do you keep such cool stuff to yourself while so few people are playing? This rox!

fe20d01158eb358f8f259d2769f9d848.jpg

I see. Seems to be going well so far and on a huge scale like this. Incase of a reboot, how would you feel about restarting with empty spawns? You could turn down the respawn time very slow and really dense out the max limit of respawning creatures. As another way to mimick the old ways.

Btw. about the map, I remember people here criticizing your point of views. But it's probably just misunderstood coz they didn't see your map in effect. For example your point about Kaz mountain skipping 4 floors in a couple sqm being really bad. Your map puts that argument in a different light.

Because you don't really have a main floor like on all other maps. There's no floor 0 that stretches out across the continent. Everything's constantly built on a different height, like it would be in real life.

The positive thing about that is navigating your way around becomes a lot less convenient. And unexplored parts of the map aren't so obviously highlighted by black spots.

Btw. I just summoned past the 2x creature limit! How do you keep such cool stuff to yourself while so few people are playing? This rox!

Yeah that sounds like a good plan, respawn is too high at the moment I think.. great thing to give explorers more exp aswell! I'll try to lower spawn when I restart next time!

Yeah the different levels is kind of awesome imo but the drawback is also pretty big(that "basement"-floors on higher terrain is not dark.. i've mapped knowing that though so not end of the world). Yeah a lot less conveniant :) It's needed to make the map bigger because this map is not folded like Tibias is( where for example all coast is doubled or more in length by having the coastlines going in and out like crazy.), so on that part it loses some size but the different levels I guess more than make up for it.

Multiple summons = oldschool. Now I just need to make them stay after logout ;)

healing 3 with exura is kinda retarded

-Teleports and Rpg doesnt fits all that well in my opinion. Beginning kinda confusing and just trying to find how to leave the fucking town is tedious. I mean its good to have secret and more rpg'ish stuff but finding how to leave a town should not be that tedious.

-Rotworms not even moving in the mine....

- Dont really understand whats going on. So much monster in city. You have seller with like 50000000000kk stuff plus guards everywhere but yet the town looks like complete trash. If you make a ruin like town with survivor you cant have guards and op item buyer/seller with no one caring about the monster pillaging everyone around and breaking everything. Doesnt seems like all thought out. Just rushed out mapping doesnt mean its better then a thought out design.

edit: Even though its seems like im just bashing,im keeping playing and will update with stuff i PERSONNALY dislikes/think stupid/random . Trying to help.

Last edited:
@Deadbringer
I agree it can be a little overwhelming at first. Kinda like Tibia was in the beginning. I'll do my best to help you out.

w9yUYfj.png
5Cr2VWJ.png

Trying to give new meaning to Undead Legion.

@Deadbringer
I agree it can be a little overwhelming at first. Kinda like Tibia was in the beginning. I'll do my best to help you out.

w9yUYfj.png
5Cr2VWJ.png

Trying to give new meaning to Undead Legion.
My concern is its supposed to be kinda rpg'ish but the starter town is just making no sense. Everything else from there is probably just mindlessly map without much thinking. The starting atmosphere isnt quite great and i do believe its why this is failing. Im alwais the last to play a server and even myself find it kinda unattractive or just not well thought out. So to the general player it must be really bad. Since my standard is lower then the average :D. Its wayy too big and you dont even know whats going on. I try talking to people to understand why the city was at such crisis but cant find info.

Tristram is going to be the new starter city. I checked it out and there's already info. It's a small village to the south of Argardh, perhaps better suit for beginners. Though it's not quite finished yet. So I'd advice staying in the big city for now. It's awesome once you get to know it better.

Tristram is going to be the new starter city. I checked it out and there's already info. It's a small village to the south of Argardh, perhaps better suit for beginners. Though it's not quite finished yet. So I'd advice staying in the big city for now. It's awesome once you get to know it better.
Well im not a fan of big city..specially for starter when its made on multiple level. Its just not convenient . I got somewhat used to it but still get annoys everytime i "need" to go back town. I quit cause no people also and just bcuz its a beta anyway. But ill give it another shot on the real thing and i really hope that town isnt something i will have to visit everyday. LIke 80% of it is just meh(useless). Not quite sure why he went crazy mapping a town people will actually dislikes. Id fill that crap with monster and put some quest of some sort but i wouldnt use that as a town.Specially not a main town.

edit: Like i said,if the town is a side thing or if we can set other town as our main town,then all my rant is pointless.

In case you missed the 10 min vocation-guide video:

@Back to Rook ill get worked on the reported bugs and writing proper answers for everything in a week or 2. Yeah still on vacation ;) Thanks for bumps :)

Edit:

KsuJJ0y.png

http://argardh.com/loreintro.html

Not finished, so, more of a spoiler.. :)
Dwarves are just like humans a rather diverse race. They are generally very short, and very strong. Their skin is rumored to be
half stone half skin, which could explain their great resistance to physical and earth-damage. Most of them live
among their brothers in one of the many Dwarven Kingdoms northeast of Reikland but a plentyful can be found living in
Argardh, Reikland or even among the orcs or warlords of the desert(often as mercenaries).

The dwarves living in Reikland are known as the Ironbeard-Clan, and is one of the sub-races of the master-dwarven-race
the Ironheads. The Ironheads 'First King' is known as Thyrgrim Dunderfot and was the founder of Kazordoo'un.
Most or perhaps even all racially pure ironheads have today disappeared, it is believed, but they are the forefathers
of all living dwarves and it is this common racial-heritage that ties the different dwarven races together in a strong,
seemingly never-ending alliance and peace.

If the dwarves as race or civilization has a strength it is that they truly never battle with eachother. Settling
disputes among the dwarves is done by either wrestling, hammer-fighting(fighting with huge wooden hammers until luckily
one is down but not dead) or beer-drinking. If one dwarf challenges another on a duel in either 3 disciplines, it is
custom that the challenged dwarf must either accept the wrestle, the fight or the drinking - or take a knee and
verbally submit to the challenger. This 'submission' is rarely seen as most dwarves either wrestle, fight or drink
or from the start know their place. The most common time a dwarf does a public 'submission' is in times of war
when the warmasters are unsure of who is in command. The high-ranked warriors will then quickly challenge eachother
in this rather peaceful way so that they can unite with as little bloodshed as possible.

The Ironbeards of Reikland came to Reiklands rescue some 300 years ago when the Reikland Kingdom suddenly could not
hold back the invading orcs and warlords of the south. King Reikhart VIII of Reikland then paid Thor Ironbeard
and Eirik the Holy(Father to Eirik Redbeard) an
enormous ammount of gold and treasures to fight on his side aswell as build the fortification known as 'Ango
Ando Naugrim'. This literally translates to Dwarven Iron-gate, which it literally is. This is where the Ironbeards
and Reikland Army together defend themself from the invading southerners. The highlanders of Reikland
live in Frankia, in western Reikland, while the Ironbeards have been paid with the castle and region of Drakkia in
eastern Reikland. The Ironbeards also controls the northern Reikland outpost known as the Watchtower of Drakkia.

There are 7 sub-races of the Ironheads:

Ironfists (A royal bloodline that ruled the entire dwarven civilization for thousands of years after the
"Fall of the Ironheads". Now a rather weak
bloodline compared to their historic-legacy. Yet, most of the purest Ironhead descendants are believed to live among
the Ironfists, this makes them highly-regarded for most other dwarves, even the Blackbeards and Warhammers in terms
of marriage and alliances)

Ironbeards (Most known to humans, the dwarves living in Reikland. Their King is Eirik Redbeard, son of Eirik the Holy.
The Ironbeards have legendary old ties to Thyrgrim Dunderfot and is regarded as one of the strongest and fiercest
warriors among the dwarves. During the rule of the Ironfists the Ironbeards served as generals and warmasters in the
Ironfists army. )

Ironhearts (Split into 7 kingdoms, 1 of them being Kazordoo'un. The Ironhearts are more or less all descendants of
the Ironfists, but have changed their names because they either have been forced by ironfist noblemen or
chosen it personally to rid themself of the ironfists tyrannical history)

Frostbeards (Very small and a lot weaker than the average dwarf but highly intelligent. Lives in large
families scattered around the Winterlands)

Ironchests (Split into 3 kingdoms in the faraway Eastern Dwarflands)

Warhammers (Tribal civilization living as nomads on various locations)

Blackbeards (The "black-sheep" of the dwarven race. They are the ones who break the rule of eternal dwarven brotherhood,
as they normally dislikes other dwarves and often sell their axe as a mercenary in the south.)

Last edited:
Not finished, so, more of a spoiler.. :)
Dwarves are just like humans a rather diverse race. They are generally very short, and very strong. Their skin is rumored to be
half stone half skin, which could explain their great resistance to physical and earth-damage. Most of them live
among their brothers in one of the many Dwarven Kingdoms northeast of Reikland but a plentyful can be found living in
Argardh, Reikland or even among the orcs or warlords of the desert(often as mercenaries).

The dwarves living in Reikland are known as the Ironbeard-Clan, and is one of the sub-races of the master-dwarven-race
the Ironheads. The Ironheads 'First King' is known as Thyrgrim Dunderfot and was the founder of Kazordoo'un.
Most or perhaps even all racially pure ironheads have today disappeared, it is believed, but they are the forefathers
of all living dwarves and it is this common racial-heritage that ties the different dwarven races together in a strong,
seemingly never-ending alliance and peace.

If the dwarves as race or civilization has a strength it is that they truly never battle with eachother. Settling
disputes among the dwarves is done by either wrestling, hammer-fighting(fighting with huge wooden hammers until luckily
one is down but not dead) or beer-drinking. If one dwarf challenges another on a duel in either 3 disciplines, it is
custom that the challenged dwarf must either accept the wrestle, the fight or the drinking - or take a knee and
verbally submit to the challenger. This 'submission' is rarely seen as most dwarves either wrestle, fight or drink
or from the start know their place. The most common time a dwarf does a public 'submission' is in times of war
when the warmasters are unsure of who is in command. The high-ranked warriors will then quickly challenge eachother
in this rather peaceful way so that they can unite with as little bloodshed as possible.

The Ironbeards of Reikland came to Reiklands rescue some 300 years ago when the Reikland Kingdom suddenly could not
hold back the invading orcs and warlords of the south. King Reikhart VIII of Reikland then paid Thor Ironbeard
and Eirik the Holy(Father to Eirik Redbeard) an
enormous ammount of gold and treasures to fight on his side aswell as build the fortification known as 'Ango
Ando Naugrim'. This literally translates to Dwarven Iron-gate, which it literally is. This is where the Ironbeards
and Reikland Army together defend themself from the invading southerners. The highlanders of Reikland
live in Frankia, in western Reikland, while the Ironbeards have been paid with the castle and region of Drakkia in
eastern Reikland. The Ironbeards also controls the northern Reikland outpost known as the Watchtower of Drakkia.

There are 7 sub-races of the Ironheads:

Ironfists (A royal bloodline that ruled the entire dwarven civilization for thousands of years after the
"Fall of the Ironheads". Now a rather weak
bloodline compared to their historic-legacy. Yet, most of the purest Ironhead descendants are believed to live among
the Ironfists, this makes them highly-regarded for most other dwarves, even the Blackbeards and Warhammers in terms
of marriage and alliances)

Ironbeards (Most known to humans, the dwarves living in Reikland. Their King is Eirik Redbeard, son of Eirik the Holy.
The Ironbeards have legendary old ties to Thyrgrim Dunderfot and is regarded as one of the strongest and fiercest
warriors among the dwarves. During the rule of the Ironfists the Ironbeards served as generals and warmasters in the
Ironfists army. )

Ironhearts (Split into 7 kingdoms, 1 of them being Kazordoo'un. The Ironhearts are more or less all descendants of
the Ironfists, but have changed their names because they either have been forced by ironfist noblemen or
chosen it personally to rid themself of the ironfists tyrannical history)

Frostbeards (Very small and a lot weaker than the average dwarf but highly intelligent. Lives in large
families scattered around the Winterlands)

Ironchests (Split into 3 kingdoms in the faraway Eastern Dwarflands)

Warhammers (Tribal civilization living as nomads on various locations)

Blackbeards (The "black-sheep" of the dwarven race. They are the ones who break the rule of eternal dwarven brotherhood,
as they normally dislikes other dwarves and often sell their axe as a mercenary in the south.)

I'm looking forward to meeting the little **§#%^$ ‼ ;)

lIIiGdq.png

ilojHqx.png

haha, 10 min vocation guide, lmfao

good stuff. mapping seems to be a little better tho

Whoa!

I've had both my desktop and laptop totally ruined(hardware and circuits BURNED) by some insane virus I wouldn't even believe existed. Now I have a new desktop(but took the graphic card from the old one and its shutting down from time to time, so might just be a question of time until it spreads and destroys this comp aswell? Wtf) though and am getting back to work. Did perhaps lose tons of work though :(

I'll leave the Beta on for 10 days or so extra since the events are cancelled. If you plan to play on Launch on the 19th I suggest you take a trip to Argardh right away while the rates are high!

Whoa!

I've had both my desktop and laptop totally ruined(hardware and circuits BURNED) by some insane virus I wouldn't even believe existed. Now I have a new desktop(but took the graphic card from the old one and its shutting down from time to time, so might just be a question of time until it spreads and destroys this comp aswell? Wtf) though and am getting back to work. Did perhaps lose tons of work though :(

I'll leave the Beta on for 10 days or so extra since the events are cancelled. If you plan to play on Launch on the 19th I suggest you take a trip to Argardh right away while the rates are high!
Getting virus in 2016. hmm

Back