• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Ascalon (8.7 Custom) - Coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exp should be higher for we can explore more, I feel like loot rate on higher mobs is a tad low and that instead of making eq easier to loot, possibly adding different things we can quick sell

+1 blinkz
the point of a beta is to test untested things and find problems with them, all the low level content that's been in there before has already been thoroughly tested...
but you should also not be able to test really high end content, because that would ruin the fun of exploring that on the actual live server, hence why a week long beta like this is way too long imo

+1 blinkz
the point of a beta is to test untested things and find problems with them, all the low level content that's been in there before has already been thoroughly tested...
but you should also not be able to test really high end content, because that would ruin the fun of exploring that on the actual live server, hence why a week long beta like this is way too long imo
Agreed! or at least give me a beta character, then I don't mind. I WANT ASCALON BACK!!!

Agreed! or at least give me a beta character, then I don't mind. I WANT ASCALON BACK!!!
dont burn yourself out on the beta, better to wait for the release, since as far as i know its not really many new things being tested, but rather old content, atleast for now..

Theres also a problem with high exp etc cant really test economy with gold drop etc currency worth from things and such.

i think beta should be open for all or atleast more players i see around 20 online from 40?

I think open is more worth since theres more players that gives more % chance to find maybe bugs and problems. I can remember pretty good that when u startet the server there were alot of problems with missing quests chests rewards not only this.

I also think that Ascalon will never succeed if you wont have a good staff team that is continuous working on the server to add content weekly or all 2 weeks atleast.

Players are so crazy they get lvl 400 in 1 week idk how maybe gamer life or something ^^ but thats the truth you have to face.

You can do so many betas as u want or start server up and down all 2 months it wont help.

Without a good team like mappers gamemasters cms making events etc it wont stay long like always.

Look Fare really respect that guy he had work family alot shit to do and still he kept server alive longer then 6 months. We had 30 players online everyday that was enough we all had fun as hell we knew each other like a little tibia family lol.

@Fare the 1 man Army :D

Anyway with the time players get bored u need to add content as"Developer" I say so since you create something a Game customized etc.

You need a team that sticks with you for long time!. to add alot stuff.

I also said already 2 times dunno if someone saw that with Archivment points daily challeges thats also missing on ascalon that would help too makes more fun to play and login everyday.

Lets hope for a better ascalon!

Idk if it is just me, but I don't see really any point in testing all the original content.... I took level 200 but do I really feel like grinding out higher levels? No, because I'll just end up burning myself out and not even want to play it at launch. Give us a way to help test new content, and what I mean by this is the systems that come with it that need to be checked

How about we stop beta and get it launched? This is just a waste of time and hype :(
Beta's are important as a developer to make sure nothing will cause crashes, destroy economies, or break the game/experience for everyone. Although they may seem like a waste of time, in the long run you will appreciate it. Might prevent rollbacks, crashes, etc.

Beta's are important as a developer to make sure nothing will cause crashes, destroy economies, or break the game/experience for everyone. Although they may seem like a waste of time, in the long run you will appreciate it. Might prevent rollbacks, crashes, etc.
that is true for things that are recently implemented and havent actually been tested yet
considering this server has been online several times with pretty much the same content, theres not really anything new being tested
since as far as i know there isnt really anything new in this version, except maybe more content, beta testing is kind of unnecessary, since more content most likely just means new monsters/places, which isnt really anything that needs testing

I'm one of the people who got in to be a tester (lvl226), and so far I haven't seen anything new. The entire beginning is the same as what it was last era so it's quite off putting to want to continue playing and testing.

I'm one of the people who got in to be a tester (lvl226), and so far I haven't seen anything new. The entire beginning is the same as what it was last era so it's quite off putting to want to continue playing and testing.
Same

Sorry it took long to reply, holidays where I live.
There have been some problems at the begining of the beta, all on me.
If testers wish to, we might end the beta before planned time.
Discussion

Okay for the vast amount of hours I and a few others have put into this Beta I have a few thoughts. Personally, I feel that the 2x exp that the Beta is running on is actually the Perfect exp rate for how the server is or even 1.5.... because of the fact that there is supposedly much more content in the 1k-2k range.( I have talked to a few other Beta testers and they feel the same way.). Second, I feel if you would make some of the Herbs last longer they would be much more appealing to us.... as of right now i kind of just toss half of them lmao.

Last edited:
First 300 in beta woo

ObZmNbc.png

Status
Not open for further replies.