• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Ascalon (8.7 Custom) - Coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
so now those new beta testers will report bugs that were allready reported hf xD

@Gaal is doing as much as he can, it's not easy to develop server.
In my opinion Dylan is full of crap, as he is abusing and insulting others, he's hasting Gaal aswell.
"Abusing and insulting others" honestly your making it harder and harder to not get on here and just make you look stupid. You are either 15 or just an absolutely socially awkward human being who doesn't know how to communicate with others. Ever since the Celesta thread went all shitty because of YOU, you have been toxic.

why i cannot open the ascalon client?

Last edited:
Leave these worries to us :)
There is a numerous number of Typos & incorrect grammar/sentence structure. I have already reported several ones of those. Should I continue or they're too pointless? My Character name is Rambo

There is a numerous number of Typos & incorrect grammar/sentence structure. I have already reported several ones of those. Should I continue or they're too pointless? My Character name is Rambo
Yeah please do, and thank you :)

mDd73e2.png

New mount!

@Gaal
Listen bby. Boost some people to like 500-600 lvls so they can test hlvl shit and maybe heroic weps. Preferably, people who were high on last era coz they will recognize what is really new content that needs to be tested and will remember some bugs from last era. Or give it to anyone, or whatever. Maybe it will spoil some fun but i prefer spoiled fun than 18/20 new npcs not working(remember that shit? i do).

@Gaal
Listen bby. Boost some people to like 500-600 lvls so they can test hlvl shit and maybe heroic weps. Preferably, people who were high on last era coz they will recognize what is really new content that needs to be tested and will remember some bugs from last era. Or give it to anyone, or whatever. Maybe it will spoil some fun but i prefer spoiled fun than 18/20 new npcs not working(remember that shit? i do).
Agreed!

Opening the beta was a bad idea.

The problem isn't that you don't have enough testers, the problem is that the content that needs to be tested isn't being tested. This has been mentioned by so many people and it's incredible that you haven't boosted people to the levels required to test the new content. The beta testers you have now don't want to grind endless hours through content they've ALREADY played multiple times, just to reach the content that needs testing and then do it all over again on the official release.

Opening the beta just introduces the server to people who would play on the official release, they aren't going to be looking for bugs and when the server needs to be reset for the official release, you'll lose at least half of these players because they're not going to want to restart. On top of that, having a small population on the official release is going to discourage potential players who don't want to play on a low populated server.

Your best option is and always was, to use a handful of testers to test the new content and systems for bugs. The beginning content shouldn't have been included when there was nothing added or changed.

Opening the beta was a bad idea.

The problem isn't that you don't have enough testers, the problem is that the content that needs to be tested isn't being tested. This has been mentioned by so many people and it's incredible that you haven't boosted people to the levels required to test the new content. The beta testers you have now don't want to grind endless hours through content they've ALREADY played multiple times, just to reach the content that needs testing and then do it all over again on the official release.

Opening the beta just introduces the server to people who would play on the official release, they aren't going to be looking for bugs and when the server needs to be reset for the official release, you'll lose at least half of these players because they're not going to want to restart. On top of that, having a small population on the official release is going to discourage potential players who don't want to play on a low populated server.

Your best option is and always was, to use a handful of testers to test the new content and systems for bugs. The beginning content shouldn't have been included when there was nothing added or changed.
^ This.

I suggested specifically not to open the beta for everyone. My suggestion was to finish the closed beta, fix the bugs and do an official release.

Should have listened to me instead of completely ignoring my post.

^ This.

I suggested specifically not to open the beta for everyone. My suggestion was to finish the closed beta, fix the bugs and do an official release.

Should have listened to me instead of completely ignoring my post.

Sorry, master.

No but seriously, open beta would've been fine if people were actually testing the new content =P

I personally stopped testing because why would I want to grind up high enough to even witness any new content. Xp rate should of been high or set levels where we tested the content at those levels, than make us a little higher and test the next stage of content

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree here.
The fact that you THINK that you've seen all content doesnt make it true.
The end game wont be tested on beta for the reason I said before, we also run some tests by ourselves after all.
Like I've mentioned countless times, the server is not complete and this was not meant for having fun or whatever some of you think it's meant for.
We're still getting reports and suggestions, that makes me pleased. :)
Who ever wishes to stop testing, thats your call.

Have a good day :*

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree here.
The fact that you THINK that you've seen all content doesnt make it true.
The end game wont be tested on beta for the reason I said before, we also run some tests by ourselves after all.
Like I've mentioned countless times, the server is not complete and this was not meant for having fun or whatever some of you think it's meant for.
We're still getting reports and suggestions, that makes me pleased. :)
Who ever wishes to stop testing, thats your call.

Have a good day :*
Well I mean the areas that are open just for beta have been explored, except for Crimson Desert and Torvora which are bugged still..

server offline? i try to connect but it says that the server is ofline and when i look on the site 9 people are online...

Status
Not open for further replies.