• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] Ascalon (8.7 Custom) - Coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have made a post earlier on the "#Changelog Request" thread. Basically, I am going to do the same thing here, but this time I am going to call out names. The replies I have got to my previous post were defending the act of botting. Their excuses were in a nutshell that "There were always botters in last eras and there always will be". This is of course some non-sense here by Mayestic, because we are supposed to be against this act, not just give up. I wonder if the reason Mayestic is defending botters is because he is in The Punishers, a guild notorious for using of bots and have actually had a couple of members banned even repeatedly, such as Knight Burak and Pwner.

Speaking of Knight Burak & Pwner, Those 2 were banned twice or more. Rules clearly state that after the first ban "your characters accounts will get permanently deleted". This proved to me poorly enforced since those 2 are still on the server.

Now lets move on to Kebab, Kebab was caught cheating and was banned for a week, which is exactly what's supposed to happen. I was actually very satisfied with this up until he was unbanned on the 2nd day of his 7 days ban.

There are countless others. Those are only the ones I saw/asked players about. I believe there are many others in the ban history. The questino to Admin Gaal and other admins, why are the rules not being enforced the way they should? Why are those botters being punished so lightly although the rules are strict?

And this is why i am retired. I give up on trying to play a game where otther simply afk bot and doesnt deserve to have anything at all. Then these people go bored and mass pking everyone and you end up with an empty server full of botters. People who clearly dont know how much works/ playtime / grind it actually is . Good server overall its just another server where you need a bot to do anything.

edit : THAT and pokemon GO

Last edited:
lmao i got 2 300+ chars i have never seen anyone AFK bot yes sure they might have heal bot and sure yes that might be unfair but its not really a big deal unless ur terrible at tibia

people just nerd this server like crazy and its fun to see ppl blaming everyone being high on bots when its just a very small percentage that has used it.

pwner/burak/kebab thats 3 can u come up with some more names 350+ that has been afk botting? and i agree that they should have been banned longer especially PWNER has been banned 3 times, its fkin crazy hes not deleted yet
kebab just used a macro for training at monks sure thats unfair but its not really a big deaal and sure he might beeen afk cavebotting too but i doubt it.

tell me how those 3 players cavebotting affected your time on the server, if you quit because of such a small amount of people cavebotting then idk what to say

Last edited:
I am currently sitting at the top of the leader board and I don't bot. I'm not even smart enough to know how to use a bot. If you still don't believe me then you can go through all my years of previous posts and you will find out how much I hate servers with botting and bots in general. With that said.. I've had a great deal of time to play which explains why I'm such a high level.

If I recall correctly, I was told that when pwner and knight burak were banned, the rules weren't as serious so apparently that's why they got off so easy. However Kebab got banned after the new rules were written so his ban should have been for 1 week as the rules state, so I'm not sure what happened there. It is pretty demoralizing to find out that people can bot for addon items and levels while others have to work hard for it, which is really unfair.

There are many times I question the professionalism of Gaal as well as the rest of the staff in terms of providing sufficient punishments. It was upsetting to see players caught for botting yet all they receive is a slap on the wrist.
The server is rapidly decaying in players and will eventually become a dead server like always. I was hoping this ERA might have been something different but it will die out just like every other time.

I thought there would have been more content, but I guess I was wrong. Not to mention all of the bugs that occurred and still have not been fixed. I understand that Gaal has job which is of course more important than an OT, but perhaps trying to host a demanding server such as Ascalon was not the best idea. Perhaps if you had more people to help you out with content it could have been better.

The Ascalon community is pretty bad as well. Some of the tutors never helped new players and often times people just troll new players. I try to help them out with some items and knowledge of the server, but sometimes it's not enough.
I've seen new players login, get bashed at, and then 30 minutes later they quit and never come back.

Many people complain and are willing to quit because they feel wizards are under-powered while berserkers are overpowered. While that statement is somewhat true it's not a reason to give up all hope. I think some people don't understand the roles of specific vocations, nor the pros and cons of each one. With that said it's also very hard to balance custom vocations in terms of PVP and PVE.

It's only a matter of time before the server reaches a total of 10 players online and when that happens I can't imagine myself playing anymore. In the meantime I will still stick around since I have some friends I'd like to play with.

Regardless of all this text, thanks for the work you have put into Ascalon. :)
@Gaal

can u come up with some more names 350+ that has been afk botting?

The matter of botting for lvls is not that important. Thats why there are not many high lvl botters.
You can bot a lvl 200 character at most of the addon/bonus items and thats the thing that destroys the server.

When some players can bot 2-3 low lvls characters and giving items to main thats what gives the high lvl players an advantage.

yes but where are all these addons chars bots ?
do u think noone runs around in spawns with addon mobs ? because theres always lots of ppl farming addons and they dont see botters there

there isnt that many botters. i run talath many times per day noone is tehre botting green drags, i been farming red crystals at giants guess what never seen anyone bot there. only one i ever saw was lixero (pwner) in lancer beetles. and i reported him and guess what he was banned in mintues

That is true tho, i have neither seen anyone bot on those spawns before.

Ascalon down
http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FJohnny-Depp-panics.gif

I have found solution for botting problem - delete everyone from The Punishers guild ^^

ive been botting since day 1, still no ban
cool story bro
do u still sit 16h daily on a random lvl 1 char in main chat talking about how bad ascalon is? and how good u are at scripting?

L O L

cool story bro
do u still sit 16h daily on a random lvl 1 char in main chat talking about how bad ascalon is? and how good u are at scripting?

L O L
just had some fun bashing simple things breaking while my main was botting, i didnt say a single thing about myself ingame though, but please do show me where i did :)

Gaal bro pls fix

01:32 You see a rare dark mithril blade of leeching [+12 % lifesteal] [UPG: 43%] (Atk: 662 + 101, melee fighting +3, Grade: 7, Price: 17500, vocation: Knights, weight: 60.00 oz.).
+12% armor penetration.

Doesnt add the melee also its somehow weird when I click on my self

It says Lifesteal: [0%]

I think lifesteal doesnt add with the wep also I hope you fix this days lol u just updated and no fix :(

Status
Not open for further replies.