• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France|Custom] Thanatos OT - The return of an era! LAUNCHED

Kind of sucks that the server version you've got is the one that was used when Thanatos was first launched. Before it died last time Zeelex and Narzerus fixed a ton of bugs and added a lot of new awesome stuff. Still, it's a nice server nonetheless.

Hiya,

Since the first day of playing on this server is pretty much coming to an end for me, I guess it's a nice time to conclude some of my findings so far.

The experience thusfar.

I've been enjoying this server a lot, finally a decent low rate server to have some fun on. Even though it's still in a testing phase, I'm having a lot of fun. Despite the random kicks today, which are understandable since the server wasn't even supposed to launch yet, I haven't experienced a lot of trouble. The CM's seem very active, bot ingame and in trying to fix the bugs and add new content. They are listening to what the players have to say, and actually act to most of the wishes as long as they are reasonable. They asnwer your questions when they have time, and try to help with problems as soon as they can. For that, I would first and foremost like to thank you, thanks for taking your time to bring us this nice and fun server.

A couple of things I would like to see being added or changed after day 1.

There are a couple of things I am missing at the moment.

- A NPC to either buy rings, or trade items for rings. An example being life crystals -> life rings, I haven't seen such a NPC around while they could come in quite handy.
- The spawns seem to be quite off, especially the Cyclops spawn. The cave is huge, yet the amount of cyclopses is small, I would be walking from 1 room to another for a good halfa minute, then meet 1 MAYBE 2 cyclopses if lucky, and have to repeat again. It was quite annoying in my opinion, it looked quite odd.
- The spawnrate of monsters is quite high in my opinion. I have had to deal with quite a bit of backspawn, especially at giant spiders and crypt shamblers/vampires.
- About the 'Djinn/Rashid' NPC, maybe it's a good idea to have a normal djinn/rashid for regular players (normal prices, i.e. dsm 40k, RH 30k etc.) and maybe a NPC with a bit higher prices (110-120% of the normal djinn/rashid price) for the people that have a premium account.

Death penalty and loss of backpacks/equipment.

Have people lose their backpacks and show their bodies when they die. I'm not sure how it works in PVP at the moment, but it's quite lame as it seems to be now.. Sure, you lose quite some exp when you die, but keeping your backpack makes things too easy in my opinion. I wouldn't mind if people kept their BP while dying on a hunt, it does take some of the fun and thrill out, but it's fine. However, death in PVP should result in a bigger punishment. With this I mean, that whenever you decide to get PVP PZ lock (whether that be getting a white skull because you attack an unmarked player, or attacking someone that has attacked you and has a white skull) you decide that you want to PVP. Once you made this decision, there should be bigger punishments. The death penalty for exp loss etc could stay the same, but there should be a chance of losing your equipment or backpack on death, unless you wear an AOL that is ofcourse.

The most utterly annoying thing right now.

I can stand all the crashes, the rollbacks, the loss of anything on this server because we all knew it wasn't supposed to be launched yet. However the thing that I hate the most, which annoys me the most, is the double melee hits of monsters. There's nothing you can do about this to avoid it (well, except for not hunting ofcourse), which makes it even worse. I died about 5 times within 1 hour, 4 of those deaths were because of a GS or Hero double hitting me, meaning an instant death. I don't mind deaths at all, they're part of the game, but this is ridiculous. GSes can hit well over 600 on their first hit now, same goes for heroes, which is quite insane. It only happens with monsters that are melee, hunters, warlocks etc aren't really affected. I hope there's a possible solution for this within the server, because I think this could be a cause for losing quite some players soon.

Just my view at the moment, note that nothing HAS or MUST be added, these are merely suggestions and I encourage you all to share your thoughts and discuss.

Kind regards,

Huchuk.

well after one day on server we have people with skills 80/80~
;<
gm please no mercy for botters !

well after one day on server we have people with skills 80/80~
;<
gm please no mercy for botters !

Better find people who actually bot on exp places. AND NO ONE HAS ACHIEVED 80/80 skills YET, I've just checked it. Shielding best 74, sword 71, club 61, axe 73, dist 82, magic 44. DON't LIE.

Hiya,

Since the first day of playing on this server is pretty much coming to an end for me, I guess it's a nice time to conclude some of my findings so far.

The experience thusfar.

I've been enjoying this server a lot, finally a decent low rate server to have some fun on. Even though it's still in a testing phase, I'm having a lot of fun. Despite the random kicks today, which are understandable since the server wasn't even supposed to launch yet, I haven't experienced a lot of trouble. The CM's seem very active, bot ingame and in trying to fix the bugs and add new content. They are listening to what the players have to say, and actually act to most of the wishes as long as they are reasonable. They asnwer your questions when they have time, and try to help with problems as soon as they can. For that, I would first and foremost like to thank you, thanks for taking your time to bring us this nice and fun server.

A couple of things I would like to see being added or changed after day 1.

There are a couple of things I am missing at the moment.

- A NPC to either buy rings, or trade items for rings. An example being life crystals -> life rings, I haven't seen such a NPC around while they could come in quite handy.
- The spawns seem to be quite off, especially the Cyclops spawn. The cave is huge, yet the amount of cyclopses is small, I would be walking from 1 room to another for a good halfa minute, then meet 1 MAYBE 2 cyclopses if lucky, and have to repeat again. It was quite annoying in my opinion, it looked quite odd.
- The spawnrate of monsters is quite high in my opinion. I have had to deal with quite a bit of backspawn, especially at giant spiders and crypt shamblers/vampires.
- About the 'Djinn/Rashid' NPC, maybe it's a good idea to have a normal djinn/rashid for regular players (normal prices, i.e. dsm 40k, RH 30k etc.) and maybe a NPC with a bit higher prices (110-120% of the normal djinn/rashid price) for the people that have a premium account.

Death penalty and loss of backpacks/equipment.

Have people lose their backpacks and show their bodies when they die. I'm not sure how it works in PVP at the moment, but it's quite lame as it seems to be now.. Sure, you lose quite some exp when you die, but keeping your backpack makes things too easy in my opinion. I wouldn't mind if people kept their BP while dying on a hunt, it does take some of the fun and thrill out, but it's fine. However, death in PVP should result in a bigger punishment. With this I mean, that whenever you decide to get PVP PZ lock (whether that be getting a white skull because you attack an unmarked player, or attacking someone that has attacked you and has a white skull) you decide that you want to PVP. Once you made this decision, there should be bigger punishments. The death penalty for exp loss etc could stay the same, but there should be a chance of losing your equipment or backpack on death, unless you wear an AOL that is ofcourse.

The most utterly annoying thing right now.

I can stand all the crashes, the rollbacks, the loss of anything on this server because we all knew it wasn't supposed to be launched yet. However the thing that I hate the most, which annoys me the most, is the double melee hits of monsters. There's nothing you can do about this to avoid it (well, except for not hunting ofcourse), which makes it even worse. I died about 5 times within 1 hour, 4 of those deaths were because of a GS or Hero double hitting me, meaning an instant death. I don't mind deaths at all, they're part of the game, but this is ridiculous. GSes can hit well over 600 on their first hit now, same goes for heroes, which is quite insane. It only happens with monsters that are melee, hunters, warlocks etc aren't really affected. I hope there's a possible solution for this within the server, because I think this could be a cause for losing quite some players soon.

Just my view at the moment, note that nothing HAS or MUST be added, these are merely suggestions and I encourage you all to share your thoughts and discuss.

Kind regards,

Huchuk.

We're looking at fixes for the double hit melee and hopefully will have it fixed tonight.
Will rework the death/loss penalty so you can lose your backpack.
The Merchant npc's are receiving a rewrite today, will also add an npc that sells rings etc.
Spawns are undergoing a re work at the moment.

Thanks for the feedback :)

We're looking at fixes for the double hit melee and hopefully will have it fixed tonight.
Will rework the death/loss penalty so you can lose your backpack.
The Merchant npc's are receiving a rewrite today, will also add an npc that sells rings etc.
Spawns are undergoing a re work at the moment.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Alright, sounds good. Always looking to help such a fine server move forward, I want it to stay around for quite some time with a nice community. :)

Funny Cyclops! : D (Otland resize img's?)
* Fix map cleans (can't make lootbag)
xuD1o4F.png

While using crossbow with bolts I hit 0-8 with exori con on 80 dist. While I'm using spears hits are normal. Also, 45 mage can rush through dragon lards with sd with profit, thats not truly rpg. Cyclops drop overall less gold coins than rotworms. They drop more but rarer.

Last edited:
While using crossbow with bolts I hit 0-8 with exori con on 80 dist. While I'm using spears hits are normal. Also, 45 mage can rush through dragon lards with sd with profit, thats not truly rpg. Cyclops drop overall less gold coins than rotworms. They drop more but rarer.

Added to todo list :)

For a better future.

Monsters:

* Increasing the money drop from monsters, like x2
* descent loot from Dragons.
* Fix dragons - are too weak (I was hunted with shooter at 14 lvl)

* Change uhs (like old-school)
* Change runes changres by prof. to x2 (now it's x1)

* Add bonus exp in shared (maybe 10-20%)

--- kamilcioo --
Increase amount of arrows/bolts (x 2-3)

It's all from me,
Seya​

Last edited:
Also increase amount of arrows/bolts created by spells like 3x.

Legend:
( ? ) - Task NPC

( ! ) - Hunting spot

( X ) - Quest

North gate

Minotaurs:

40 Minotaur guard - reward 20 000 exp and (?) gp
20 Minotaur Mage - reward (?) exp and (?) gp
Knight armor quest.

Dragons:
45 Dragons - reward 50 000 exp and 2,7k gp
60 Dragon lord - reward 90 000 exp and 9,1k gp

Elfs:
Elfs - reward 21 000 exp and 1,8k gp
Elf Arcanist - reward (?) cash and (?) gp

2MbwuD3.png

West gate:
Cyclop task:
100 Cyclops -
(20) Cyclops Smith - reward 40 000 exp and 4k gp.

pDrsLO7.png

South gate:
Ghouls and Crypts task:
(x) Ghouls - reward (?)
30 Crypt shamblers - reward 10 000 exp and second Citizen addon.

sGpFNVz.png

Back