• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] InsanityOT 8.6 7171|CUSTOM|HIGHEXP|PRESTIGE RANKS|CUSTOM MAP|500+ MONSTERS|100+ BOSSES

I did add a cooldown to the talkaction. When 30 players say !prestige at the very same time and it logs you out, edits your level in database and then logs you back in its going to be a lot of lagg due to the massive changes per 5th second which the cooldown was at in the database.

tldr: a lot of queries = lagg
You sound like you are setting cooldown trough queries xD (i hope not)

if the prestige function itself takes lot of data from database. then load them up in global temporarily.

You sound like you are setting cooldown trough queries xD (i hope not)

if the prestige function itself takes lot of data from database. then load them up in global temporarily.
Haha no, the cooldown is set through storage so it lasts upon relog xD But I'll try and see what I can do to better the command.

I did add a cooldown to the talkaction. When 30 players say !prestige at the very same time and it logs you out, edits your level in database and then logs you back in its going to be a lot of lagg due to the massive changes per 5th second which the cooldown was at in the database.

tldr: a lot of queries = lagg
you should ask @whitevo for some help optimizing the prestiging and fixing ur servers lag mate..

I don't even gain exp when killing spiders and xbow doesn't work. U just made this and put a bunch of shit into it, its so confusing. You can never get more players if it stays this way

Where's this new voc u promised us?
Paladin is being slowly worked on, theres no estimate on it because I have to keep up on the content aswell but we're heading there further and further to its release date.
But no worries, after a while itll come. Ill try and have it in the game within one of the next updates.

I don't even gain exp when killing spiders and xbow doesn't work. U just made this and put a bunch of shit into it, its so confusing. You can never get more players if it stays this way
Im sorry you feel this way, Its at the moment a bug that leaves you with no stam upon character creation. It'll be fixed for this update and I hope you yet havent given up on us :) If you pmed me, I'd fix it for you until the next update where you can fix it yourself.

I'm a new player, is this even playable without bot? It's easy to level up prestige but "hi prestige yes" 1000 times ? 2000? 5000? is it possible manually lol?

If you're a hardcore power gamer, then yes. If not just download elfbot? after all it's 8.6

ah, i never use bot so I don't think this server is for me then. I can power game but standing still in one spawn hitting F3 F4 F5 F6 for hours and hours, not my type of power gaming :p Would be cooler if you could accumulute prestige and don´t have to log in and out every time. Thanks for the response tho

That wouldn't work. Prestige only resets your level while all the other stats remain the same. This is extremely difficult to achieve without running a database query, in which case the player must be logged out :/
Still a good Idea tho, if done properly the !prestige command could be implemented, and as it wouldn't run any queries it would take a huge toll off the lags
Actually that isn't correct, you don't need to boot the player to reset their level/stats etc...
For a download and run server yes, but not for a well thought out custom built server :)

To run a query on a player the way tfs 0.3.6/0.4 is built, yes you need to boot the player(unless ur pro like a mofo and know how to edit it so that changes to a player in the database is instantly applied to the player in game. Then again, that would probably not be the optimal choise)
And I take that back about it being extremely difficult to achive(just realized it's not) without queries.
Actually you are incorrect this is possible... I guess I am a pro mofo :p