• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[France] RealOTS 7.7 - CIP Engine Recreated - Test Server

The reasons are rather simple:

- The original 7.7 engine has a bug which causes it to periodically "crash" (hogging 100% CPU, forcing a reset to server save)
- Any custom feature that didn't involve NPCs required countless of hours research, reverse engineering just to make a simple modification
- Extending the map was a tedious effort, converting from OTBM to CIP .sec format often caused critical quests to be corrupted
- Moving from closed-source (read: no-source) to open source may not produce the desired perfection in the beginning but in the long run the server will be damn near perfect. The benefit of the flexibility we will have far outweigh the benefit of having a perfect server from the start.

So instead of going the easy way and just run the original server that's virtually static we've chosen the hard way and backport all the functionality to OTServ. We'll end up with a better server that's ready for the future instead of being stuck in the past.

Have to add: In the long run, an expandable server is always a better choice. We want the ability to add experience sharing, ability to perform any change we like on the game server balance (Yes, don't forget RealOTS is unbalanced when it comes about vocations, leaving a bunch of complaint threads about sorcerers being too op and knights too weak), we don't want things like this to happen again.

Only the first point there actually matters, since the custom stuff is already done. I doubt people need more custom stuff.

So you decided to open a new server that's total shit because the real deal "has a bug". OK TY

server was up years before and ppl loved it and it DID NOT CRASH so dont say "ppl need new stuff" coz that is bullshit

I don't understand what is your problem, everyone that has been playing the test server and giving great feedback, every bug we received, bug we have fixed (note I haven't addressed the thing with some houses in Ankrahmun, that may apply to all houses that don't use static walls).

You keep putting this lie into your head "so many bugs" - "bugs" when that's really not true, not since Patch 6, we know we had a rough start with some issues not working affordaly, and not to mention our only bug that was causing crashes (summon part of monsters in the script wasn't being set, hencewhere always being 0, resulting in a divide by zero), this was fixed as well in Patch 1.

So instead of being acting inmaturely, see the proportional possibilities of a server that we assure you is 1/1 on every aspect.

server was up years before and ppl loved it and it DID NOT CRASH so dont say "ppl need new stuff" coz that is bullshit

Actually, the original RealOTS crashed atleast once a month. I had to manually kill the process and roll back to server save. Very annoying :p
Second point: I've had to turn down many legitimate proposals simply because the modifications were impossible using the original CIPsoft engine.
With all due respect, I do think I'm a tad more authoritive on the subject of the limitations of the CIPsoft engine than you are and thus more qualified to assess whether or not the move to an OTServ stack is a good one :)

Actually, the original RealOTS crashed atleast once a month. I had to manually kill the process and roll back to server save. Very annoying :p
Second point: I've had to turn down many legitimate proposals simply because the modifications were impossible using the original CIPsoft engine.
With all due respect, I do think I'm a tad more authoritive on the subject of the limitations of the CIPsoft engine than you are and thus more qualified to assess whether or not the move to an OTServ stack is a good one :)
@Toor Answer my PM?

Okay, thanks!

How does the server feel now? Any more feedback?

i just wanna bump this for those who still don't get it

I haven't played it since the beginning, sorry. Do you guys have an estimated starting date?
I would say provided there is no more feedback I will start a new thread in a week or two to announce a launch date.

true, just wondering if they made any more progress

We haven't made more progress for a few days.
I personally can say that we can go in production now, but as latter mentioned, it might be in a week or two when we will post a thread with a scheduled launch date.

something is wrong with the action system, everything is very delayed and cant do anything while moving, opening a body takes like 2s and 3 tries sometimes, same with looting, u cant loot 4 times rly fast cuz there is a delay.

when u run away from creature and spam a hotkey, your character "lags" u still move but it looks as if u were getting stuck each sqm

i went to edron from rookgard, died and spawned in thais

Last edited:
So running a server based on Real Tibia files is useless and hard to management?

So running a server based on Real Tibia files is useless and hard to management?

Basically it's hard to manage it, it's unbalanced, it's extremely limited. It's useless, unless you want to be stuck with Tibia 7.7 for plenty of months until you 1 shot everyone with mas vis and the thing becomes drastically unplayable.

Our OT version is same as RealOTS, I'm working hard on it. And we are ready for production, just need to address like 3 small issues and that's it, a launch date will be announced.

Basically it's hard to manage it, it's unbalanced, it's extremely limited. It's useless, unless you want to be stuck with Tibia 7.7 for plenty of months until you 1 shot everyone with mas vis and the thing becomes drastically unplayable.

Our OT version is same as RealOTS, I'm working hard on it. And we are ready for production, just need to address like 3 small issues and that's it, a launch date will be announced.
No offense intented but you've been saying 1-2 weeks for weeks already. Might aswell just say your not ready and still working on it rather then throwing out false hope.

im sry but its not the "same as RealOTs" because it feels like im playing on an ot server 2004. The files are fucked.

Smoorn summs it up quite good:

something is wrong with the action system, everything is very delayed and cant do anything while moving, opening a body takes like 2s and 3 tries sometimes, same with looting, u cant loot 4 times rly fast cuz there is a delay.

when u run away from creature and spam a hotkey, your character "lags" u still move but it looks as if u were getting stuck each sqm

i went to edron from rookgard, died and spawned in thais

Last edited:
any updates? progress seems slow

any updates? progress seems slow

I'm sorry, but I've been sick, it's been a week on which I'm under some type of "common cold". I've not been able to work on any of my hobbies or personal projects because of this.

Back